News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 73 rear valance

Started by Moparbob, February 15, 2009, 09:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparbob

Sup,

I have a 73 ralley with exhaust cut outs.I moved the bumper in using 72 rear brackets to eliminate the bumper filler. I welded the bracket slots closed where the bumperetts went. Anyway,, there are some other gaps between the bumper and the valance that are annoying me. Two at the top edge where Dodge had to modify the valance for the bumper extension to clear the longer bracketts and the corners don't look that great either.

Question,

Are the 72 and 73 rear valances different? Also,, there are several 72 cars out this way like satellites ect,, are the valances the same minus the exhaust cut outs?

I can fabricate the corners and that may be what I will have to do.

Any rear pics of 72-73's would be nice.
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Moparbob

Just an update,

This is another members ride and its AWSOME. I Just dont like the gaps at the corners and under the bumper between the valance. Do the 72 valances have those? If not Ill just find a plain 72 one and add my cutouts.

Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Nacho-RT74

those gaps are normal, they are a clearance area to fit the bumper brackets
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Moparbob

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on February 15, 2009, 11:52:11 AM
those gaps are normal, they are a clearance area to fit the bumper brackets

I dont think the 72's had those did they? I moved my bumper to the 72 position and my bracketts dont come anywhere near those cut outs. That pic shows a 73 valence with a 72 bumper and brackets. 
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Moparbob

Ok,

I just went ahead and fixed my valence. I closed up corners and the bracket holes. Here is what it will look like when painted. I'm pretty OCD about these details  :nana::

Before:

After
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

dvnen

was it much work to do - it looks awesome

billrabe

Can you repost the before and after pictures? I am working on the same process and want to see how you welded it.

Moparbob

Quote from: billrabe on May 01, 2012, 09:12:23 AM
Can you repost the before and after pictures? I am working on the same process and want to see how you welded it.

Hi,

It was very easy, just cut out two pieces of metal and slightly roll to take the shape. Make sure they fit the bumper bracket hole perfectly. The simply stitch weld them in and grind off the excess. Its WAY nicer
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.