News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BB and SB distributor ?????

Started by Highbanked Hauler, May 03, 2012, 12:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Is there any difference between a BB and SB distributor other than the length of the shaft that goes through the distributor into the drive gear ?   Could a SB dist. be changed over for a BB  What I am looking for is a Dual point dist. for my 500 as that is what it came with.  Thanks...
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Ghoste

They rotate in opposite directions.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Ghoste on May 03, 2012, 12:20:01 PM
They rotate in opposite directions.

So would the cam lift the points at the wrong time ?
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Chryco Psycho

the whole mechanical advance plate system and the vacuum advance  & could not work rotating the opposite direction .

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 03, 2012, 10:17:56 PM
the whole mechanical advance plate system and the vacuum advance  & could not work rotating to opposite direction

Gotcha,   Thanks
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Cooter

I had a 383 RoadRunner one time that wouldn't run right due to a bent distributor shaft. How It got that way I have NO IDEA. All I had at the time was a 318 Dist. bolted it in and while it would fire up and run, you just couldn't rev. engine past 2300 RPM due to it rotating backwards(No mech. advance in timing). Points don't care if they are opened in the normal direction, or backwards.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"