News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What kind of car is this radio from?

Started by MaximRecoil, May 07, 2012, 12:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximRecoil

It was in the back seat of my '69 Dodge Charger when I got it, but I don't think it is a Dodge Charger radio because of the full chrome bezel and chrome pushbuttons.

471_Magnum

Definitely not a 68-69 B-body. Must be a C-body of some sort.

Is there a part number anywhere?
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

MaximRecoil

Quote from: 471_Magnum on May 07, 2012, 02:28:11 PM
Definitely not a 68-69 B-body. Must be a C-body of some sort.

Is there a part number anywhere?

On the bottom the housing is stamped:

QuoteMADE IN CANADA

15D40000B04

UFO

Is there a 7 digit number on the tag on top.
At least from the  photo that looks like the original label still stuck on there.

MaximRecoil

Quote from: UFO on May 07, 2012, 05:58:15 PM
Is there a 7 digit number on the tag on top.
At least from the  photo that looks like the original label still stuck on there.

The tag is far too dilapidated to read whatever was once printed on it. About all I can make out on it is the vague remains of a Pentastar logo on the left:

A383Wing

I say "C" body....Monaco, Polara, Newport....etc.

Bryan

UFO

I agree.The  -all transistor-music master- was throwing me off.
Till I clicked on this.Scroll down to code 351.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/_1968-DealershipsOrderingInfo.shtml?load_img=26

MaximRecoil

Quote from: UFO on May 07, 2012, 08:58:26 PM
I agree.The  -all transistor-music master- was throwing me off.
Till I clicked on this.Scroll down to code 351.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/_1968-DealershipsOrderingInfo.shtml?load_img=26

Nice; there's one right here - Mopar, 1968 Dodge Polara Monaco AM Radio; exact match.

Edit: Make that almost an exact match. Compared to mine, that one's bottlecap transistor is on the other side, and the screws that hold the chrome bezel on are sitting in recessed areas.

A383Wing

the extra transistor is for the more "powerful" Am radio

Bryan