News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speaker size and mounting.

Started by 1970Moparmann, May 07, 2012, 09:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Been searching until my eyeballs hurt.   It is easier to make a mounting plate and get some 6 x 9s, or has anyone found a 5 x 7 that fit without a plate?

For the rear.....

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Plumcrazy

I have a set of 5x7 Pioneer TS-A5713's in mine but I have no idea if they are still available.

Check out Crutchfield.com

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

twodko

I installed Polk Audio speakers in my 69. 5x7's in the package tray and 5's in pre existing door panel holes. I'd never cut holes like this myself.  :shruggy:
A SecretAudio system drives them without external amping and they sound really great. Very efficient speakers. I bought through Amazon who had the best price. Good luck.

Oh, the tray speakers dropped right in.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

lasvegas69charg

so a 6x9 isn't a drop in. Glad to know. I was going to buy a pair. Thanks for the info.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

twodko

I would have had to cut out a lot of metal to get 6x9's in, not worth the hacking or damage to a perfect good package tray.

1970Moparmann

I've been reading a lot this morning on Mopars and forbbodiesonly.  Planning a radio install this weekend.   Alpine head unit in the glove box / Alpine amp / 6 x 9s in back / and 3 1/2" up front.

I'll take pictures and document.   :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Dino

Quote from: twodko on May 11, 2012, 10:56:45 AM
I would have had to cut out a lot of metal to get 6x9's in, not worth the hacking or damage to a perfect good package tray.

Yeah someone did that to mine, I got two big holes in there.  When the time comes I'm welding in a new piece.  Oh well, that's just how they used to do it back then.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

twodko

Well, that's right. I'm just glad he didn't the tray too. The door panel holes were cut very poorly, as was often the case, but the panels cover it.
Most of us have cut speaker holes a time or two back in the day I suspect.