News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Banjo Matthews - Holman-Moody Parts Motherload

Started by nitrometal, May 08, 2012, 10:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: odcics2 on May 21, 2012, 03:19:48 PM

Well, I'll buy either of your clones for $100K each, cash, sight unseen.    I'll pay you in 'clone' money.

You guys shouldn't have a problem with that, since clones are so great.   LOL !!       

i'll keep mine as you can call it a clone , but i payed real money to build it and its not forsale .  :slap:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Troy

It seems like there's some confusion (or a case of not actually reading). These parts are for race cars and I believe that's what the conversation was about - not cloned street cars. The market for real race cars seems very weak but I don't follow it closely at all. You can't hardly drive the things anywhere and I'm not the type of person to stick a very large, very expensive collector's piece in my garage and let it sit. I agree that these parts probably aren't worth much other than the "neato" factor whenever you trot them out to a show. In that case, I'd rather see them on a "clone" that can actually be driven. I'd probably save a set of the nicer ones for museum use in the future.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Aero426

The NOS wrapped fenders are quite valuable.  I assume they are uncut.    It would not be hard to find a number of Talladega and Spoiler II restoration projects that could use them.   But as mentioned before, splitting it all up would be a bit of a shame.   But you probably don't need 13 (!) NOS fenders to get the point of the display across.  The fenders individually are worth something similar to what Superbird or Daytona NOS fenders would be and a large chunk of the current bid alone.    

odcics2

My original reply was to affirm Dr. Crafts reply.
I shouldn't have mention anything to do with street car values being degraded by clones.
From what I have read over the many years, the clone car subject has been flogged to death!
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

moparstuart

Quote from: odcics2 on May 21, 2012, 04:25:10 PM
I shouldn't have mention anything to do with street car values being degraded by clones.
From what I have read over the many years, the clone car subject has been flogged to death!
Whats the most cloned car out there ?  shelby cobra  right  , well i dont see the clones hurting the original cars  value anytime soon .   

Indygenerallee

I really don't give a flip what the guy does with the stuff. If he keeps it together or parts it out, and I would have no problem seeing it go on a clone race car.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on May 21, 2012, 04:40:13 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on May 21, 2012, 04:25:10 PM
Whats the most cloned car out there ?  shelby cobra  right  , well i dont see the clones hurting the original cars  value anytime soon .   

probably not many $12,995 Factory Five Roadsters wearing NOS Shelby parts, though...

odcics2

Well, I emailed a Cobra owner and his reply is below.  It's funny how he calls clone Cobras "Kobras"
My question contained moparstuarts comment.  I simply asked his opinion as a long time owner.  His reply is below...

i actually own 4 and have owned 9. yes the Kobras have had an affect on the Cobras. they never seem to break into that upper echelon in value and desirability. the guys who overpay dont buy cobras because their neighbor has one....even though the neighbor built his Kobra. back in the day i stopped showing locally as not only did they put all cobras/kobras together...the owners then and still today of Kobras ALL stand by their cars claiming originality. it's a weird thing. i didn't mature enough to not let thing bother me until i turned 50. then again....it still irritates me.

In a message dated 5/21/2012 6:15:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, odcics2@comcast.net writes:

What do you think of this statement?

"Whats the most cloned car out there ?  shelby cobra  right  , well i dont see the clones hurting the original cars  value anytime soon ."

Your comment, as an owner of a real one, will be kept private
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

moparstuart

Real cobra's are not in the upper echelon  of collectibility ? what ??   what is this guy smoking .  He wants to be a ferrari or bugati ???

Just another car snob not happy with what he thinks his car should be worth , Look at the prices of real cobra's and i beg to differ .    :Twocents:  

If anything I think all the cobra clones make the "REAL " ones that much more sought after for the crowd that can afford them .  I know I sure cant , hell i been chasing a real bird forever and have not caught one yet let alone a daytona .

pettybird

Redbird

With collectors emphasis on "theme museums" like Steve Juliano's sign/poster, Tim Welborne's 1971 Charger/Dealership and the like. It would seem that someone would or will want to do a early stock car theme or exhibit. The Chrysler kit car in boxes and this would fit right in. The trailer seems too late a model to fit in except to sell off.

Aero426

The trailer is newer, but it is the one that went to the race track in the later days.    Definitely one of the last vestiges of Banjo's car building business after the H-M glory days. 

moparstuart

The stuff is a great slice of history and would be amazing if it could be kept together in a museum setting .
Bill Smith from speedway motors in lincoln nebraska has done an amazing job of collecting stuff and perserving it for is to see .  We were just up there and if you wanna know about model T's and racing them and all the aftermarket parts that were availible for them it was amazing .

http://www.museumofamericanspeed.com/default.dlp

richRTSE

QuoteYour comment, as an owner of a real one, will be kept private

:shruggy:

moparstuart

Hemi Runner

I'm not sure if my project is a Clone or a Klone :eek2: Is it a Superbird or a Zuperbird :D I'm getting cornfused :shruggy:

Aero426

Quote from: moparstuart on May 23, 2012, 12:27:24 PM
The stuff is a great slice of history and would be amazing if it could be kept together in a museum setting .
Bill Smith from speedway motors in lincoln nebraska has done an amazing job of collecting stuff and perserving it for is to see .  We were just up there and if you wanna know about model T's and racing them and all the aftermarket parts that were availible for them it was amazing .

He has nice stuff.  Would love to see it. 

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on May 23, 2012, 01:11:42 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on May 23, 2012, 12:27:24 PM

He has nice stuff.  Would love to see it. 
not done posting pictures yet but here are a few
   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,91744.0.html

we could have spent 3 weeks there and not read about all of it   , just an amazing place but after a 3 1/2 hour tour we were worn slick .

Indygenerallee

Hemi runner, it's only a Zuperbird if it was built in Germany!!!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.