News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Synonym for "Serious Buyer with Cash" ?

Started by Challenger340, December 02, 2017, 12:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

I will never understand people who advertise WANTED, or "Looking to Buy", for particular Cars with the then included phrase  "Serious Buyer with Cash" ?

I guess it's just me here ? and admittedly I must guilty of a pet peeve, but do these guys really believe potential Seller's NOT already themselves advertising "For Sale", are somehow motivated to contact them because they have "Money" and are "Serious" ?

I mean WTF here, get real.....
* is not an accepted currency within a transaction assumed to fair consideration for any Seller ?
* is ANY potential Buyer's seriousness, not gauged by their completion of the transaction ?

IMO,
"Serious Buyer with Cash" when advertising WTB or LOOKING to Buy, is nothing more than dimwitted scheister plumpin double speak for lame brained wannabe's, who in truth can't afford to pay attention, but are attempting in print some kind of self serving mental justification of "gracing" someone with their money, at a reduced market value price for the Car of course, because THEIR money is somehow "special" ?
wherein,
I believe conversely, that such advertisements....
should intend the exact OPPOSITE, in that "Serious Buyer with Cash" in a WTB ad has the connotation.... of WANTING something special and willing to PAY for it !

My rationale to believing the above is as follows:
1.) anything that is ALREADY advertised "For Sale" is very clearly available to them, with a stated PRICE
2.) If they do not like the PRICE, or the CAR itself of those already advertised FOR SALE... they are very clearly under no obligation..... carry on...

So.... what is the point in advertising WTB with the qualification "Serious Buyer with Cash", if not to indicate or entice something currently NOT for sale, with an expectation of monetary premium ?
FILL ME IN because I am all ears on this one ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Kern Dog

Try some Xanex or smoke some pot. You may worry less about things after that.   :nana:

F8-4life

Not sure I follow all that...
But everybody who usually posts a "wanted" ad is most likely trying to shake an unkown car out of the woodwork for cheaper then market value.
Maybe to flip it.

RECHRGD

I don't know, everyone has a different way of looking at things.  Although my car has never officially been for sale,  I've been approached by several "serious buyers with cash" over the years.  None of which were serious enough to have enough cash......
13.53 @ 105.32

John_Kunkel

I believe the rationale is to lure an owner, who isn't actually trying to sell a car, into considering it. The "Serious Buyer with Cash" is part of the lure denotes a buyer who is serious and doesn't want to jerk you around with trades, etc.

Much ado about nothing IMHO.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Kern Dog

The whole matter of "Cash" annoys me too.
How much for the car?
I'm looking to get $2000.
I have $500 cash right now.
You don't have enough cash.
Okay, I can go as high as $700, I'm talking cash, man...
I don't care if it is cash or ground beef. You are still short by $1300.
What the hell else am I selling a car in exchange for? Back rubs? Lawn service?

F8-4life

Maybe said individuals have already tried the "serious buyer, have ass" route and it didn't work?

ws23rt

Where are these folks that are "serious" and have cash from the seller's point of view when advertising?

Car for sale--Have "serious" car for sale. Looking for "real" money and moving on.

I have sold many cars over the years and never cared for the dance that some expect.  The dance is always there. ---Will you take $xxx instead of what you have come up with as a price you will sell for?
However, when I have a car that is not advertised for sale offers are not out of line.

A guy spotted a car in my yard once (57 IMP not advertised for sale) and approached me.  What will you take for the car?---I said $392.-- He said how about $375?--I said you asked a question and I answered--I did not misspeak. ---He was miffed and proceeded to educate me on how dealing is done.
This brought a smile to me.  Ok--I will deal with you.  The deal is you come back next year and I will sell you the car for $392 and that should equal $375 today because of the loss of value of your money.  --He came back the next day with a bag of coins to make up the extra $17 he had to pay and was very grumpy about being so put out about the whole deal. :slap:

F8-4life

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 02, 2017, 01:19:35 PM
Try some Xanex or smoke some pot. You may worry less about things after that.   :nana:

Yeah, seriously.

I think by saying "serious buyer" the potential buyer is, as stated above, trying to find owners who haven't yet posted a car for sale.  Additionally I think that the potential buyer is trying to differentiate him or herself from the masses of "tire-kickers" who respond to ads after day-dreaming about cars that they will never actually go through with purchasing. 

I myself posted a WTB ad when I was looking for a 2nd gen and stated that I was a serious buyer.  There aren't a plethora of reasonably priced 2nd gens to choose from on most days.  I did get several responses from owners who had not advertised their cars for sale. 

As for the "with cash" element...who knows.  People are dumb.  Of course the seller wants cash.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

DAY CLONA

I always enjoy the hand wringing emotional wanted ads of "looking for my long lost dads/brothers/etc/etc old ride", often followed/finished by the "serious buyer with cash" quote, all too often someone else produces/locates the car, only to find the dreamer has $11 to his name and not much more

Kern Dog

Cowabunga. 11 bucks buys ONE meal at Burger King.

alfaitalia

The guys saying "the price I put it up for is what I will sell it for"....have you ever actually bought a car? Yes? Did you pay the asking price...? Well unless you are some sort of moron you hopefully didn't.....you negotiated a discount. Its how the world works. I price my cars slightly higher than I really want.....that why I can give the guy a bit of a discount...he's happy, I'm happy. I probably would not deal with a seller who will not budge from his asking price...even if I thought it was ok...because I assume everyone prices their car with wriggle room and he's just plain hardball. Now I know that no one sells their car for less than they really want...unless they are stupid/desperate/both!...but if I feel I've got a bit off from what he as asking (and it's somewhere near my market researched price)..I'm happy.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

A moron?
Not always. Some people are honest and set a fair price. I have dealt with all kinds of sellers and buyers for cars, car parts, houses and tools. If the price is fair, I pay it. I'm not a cash strapped loser that offers half price for something that is honestly worth the list price. I hate cheap people. They often get off by dicking people out of a few bucks. To what end? To satisfy themselves while making a seller angry? If the price is fair, what the hell is wrong with paying it? If you can't afford it, too friggin bad...You should have educated yourself so that you could have made a better living, more money, etc.

Lennard

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 03, 2017, 03:15:51 PM
A moron?
Not always. Some people are honest and set a fair price. I have dealt with all kinds of sellers and buyers for cars, car parts, houses and tools. If the price is fair, I pay it. I'm not a cash strapped loser that offers half price for something that is honestly worth the list price. I hate cheap people. They often get off by dicking people out of a few bucks. To what end? To satisfy themselves while making a seller angry? If the price is fair, what the hell is wrong with paying it? If you can't afford it, too friggin bad...You should have educated yourself so that you could have made a better living, more money, etc.
My thoughts exactly. If someone is asking a fair price,  I'll pay it without haggling. I price my stuff at a fair price.  If someone  doesn't want to pay my asking price... he'll keep his money and I'll keep my stuff.

alfaitalia

Maybe it's a cultural thing....no one pays the asking price for anything big in Europe! I should know....I've been a salesman ever since I stopped fixing cars for a living about 28 years ago. I could probably count the customers on one hand who have been gullible enough to pay full cash on the car/motorcycle/caravan I've been selling at the time....and it's never happened on a car or motorcycle I've sold privately...and I would not expect to. It's just a game and the outcome with probably be the same....but it's a game we like over here. Different strokes for different folks!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

smithenhiven

My pet peeve is when people add the word "car" after every credential a particular car has. 

For instance, it's a hemi car, it's a 4 speed car, it's a sunroof car, it's a bench seat car, it's an 8 track car, it's a stripe delete car.  We get it, it's a car. 

aerolith

'Serious buyer with CASH' is what it says, they are not waiting for a loan of their 70 year old granny etc...

That's the opposite of a tyre kicker with NO CASH or any other means of paying and doesn't care what you are selling, as long as its cheap...

A friend sold a Lincoln recently with a 'bank transfer' by phone, its still cash but he wasn't going to mugged on a 300 mile trip to pick the car up.
Another friend went 200 miles on several different trains, through some rough areas with £10,000 in his pocket.
I said ''you must be mad'' and he said, the seller wanted 'cash in hand' on pick-up of vehicle, err that's nonsense, its the 21st Century!!!

In my mind, you should always sell WITHOUT CASH, just do a bank transfer and when its complete, then they can have the vehicle.
I would never leave the house with more than £20 on me, its too damn dangerous, let alone a wedge of cash enough to buy even a rusty CHARGER... :eek2:

CASH IS KING, what does that mean, either you have the money or you don't... :slap:

Worse for me is a friend telling you he has a SERIOUS BUYER with CASH lined up and he will 'do the deal' on your mint 69 R/T Charger.
YEP, he sells the car cheap and runs off with the money, I don't even have to make this stuff up, cos its TRUE... :shruggy:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Petebell68

Just Sunday I had my car on the driveway getting ready for winter and cleaning the yard furniture to be put away for winter a guy stops his pickup comes over to talk about Chargers and I honestly don't mind I love to talk  all about cars .
He then asks how much do you want for it and I'm serious and have cash .
I said it's not for sale I love it to much , asked again so I said 110 k why not . We all know my car is not worth that .
He mentioned he knows of a car just as nice coming up for sale for half that so I said you should buy it .
Too bad a friendly conversation tuned into go away now I'm busy ..

odcics2

I have found some good stuff here at dodgecharger.com for the #88 from posting WTB ads like this one:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127945.msg1625814.html#msg1625814

I don't believe I've ever said, "Serious buyer with cash."   Folks that know me and have dealt with me know I am serious!

Ever respond to a WTB ad and tell the guy a fair price and he responds that it's too much? Or, can he trade you some burnt pistons as part payment?   :smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Petebell68

Never have said that either . If I want to buy something that means I'm serious -lol