News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Big Willie died today

Started by BigBlockSam, May 19, 2012, 03:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

I think I got a new name for the Dart..... :2thumbs: "The Butcher"...Preciate dat "dude", as i know my grammer is off, but we's get dee point across anyway, just like Big Willie" did.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

cdr

Quote from: Cooter on August 01, 2012, 11:07:39 AM
I think I got a new name for the Dart..... :2thumbs: "The Butcher"...Preciate dat "dude", as i know my grammer is off, but we's get dee point across anyway, just like Big Willie" did.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,91757.msg1056727.html#msg1056727
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Budnicks

Quote from: cdr on July 31, 2012, 06:58:03 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on July 31, 2012, 06:49:37 PM
Quote from: cdr on July 31, 2012, 03:16:22 PM
BREAKIN THE LAW,BREAKIN THE LAW
Judas Priest baby, brings back the 70's to mind..
WELL you got it lol   i was wondering how long it would take
:shruggy: I was wrong it was 1980  :RantExplode:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

UFO

Picked up that issue today.
Did not know there was a flip front end on Queen Daytona.
FYI , Story is continued in the next two issue's.

wingcarenvy

I have met Willie many of times and raced at the Brotherhood Raceway Park 3 nights a week. When it was open you couldnt find a street race anywhere. A total success, which gave us kids a safe place to race. There were few rules and it was open all night long. You could even set someone out car lengths and do a flashlight start, just like on the street. It was closed since it didn't fit into the plan for Terminal Island. Remember Willie was a Veteran that was wounded in action to protect the freedom of this great country and continued that effort to make the streets safer for us and the general population. I say a big thank you to Willie for the good times. RIP.

Oh by the way, no one has mentioned the appearance of King Daytona in the beginning of Two Lane Blacktop. Wicked burnout!!

Ghoste

We have talked about it many other times though and you're right, wicked burnout!

Budnicks

Quote from: wingcarenvy on August 01, 2012, 11:58:21 PM
I have met Willie many of times and raced at the Brotherhood Raceway Park 3 nights a week. When it was open you couldnt find a street race anywhere. A total success, which gave us kids a safe place to race. There were few rules and it was open all night long. You could even set someone out car lengths and do a flashlight start, just like on the street. It was closed since it didn't fit into the plan for Terminal Island. Remember Willie was a Veteran that was wounded in action to protect the freedom of this great country and continued that effort to make the streets safer for us and the general population. I say a big thank you to Willie for the good times. RIP.

Oh by the way, no one has mentioned the appearance of King Daytona in the beginning of Two Lane Blacktop. Wicked burnout!!
Amen to all your points, I've meet him a few times & had raced at Brotherhood Raceway Terminal Island, many moons ago now... He was a very good man & a Vet... may he rest in peace....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks