News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started my new Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Replica

Started by 404NOTFOUND, May 21, 2012, 08:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

404NOTFOUND

Found a nice lady to help me with it. I was out for a drive on a secondary highway when a lady in an SUV pulled out of a parking lot. I slammed on the brakes but she kept coming. I veered to the left but she never stopped. It was a hard impact. Both of us had only slight injuries. I feel worse today. I don't know if the car is a write off or not.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

J.Bond

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: J.Bond on May 21, 2012, 08:59:09 AM
Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!

Did they charge her???

Yes they did. I didn't ask what the charge was. She was found totally at fault. The cops were on my side all the way.

J.Bond

Just sad

All it takes is one idiot.

Hope your OK!!!

69 OUR/TEA

Very sorry to hear/see this,this is our worst fear with any of our collector/classic cars,rergardless of having  insurance coveragefor the loss. :rotz:

BBKNARF

Holy crap I feel bad for you :rotz: the main thing is that nothing really serious happen to you. I know you must be hurting inside its going to take a little while to decide what to do with the car. Keep us posted.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

:brickwall:  How do you not see a bright red car?

Sorry to hear, luckily your ok and I hope the car makes a full recovery too.

Also looks like a solid double yellow

404NOTFOUND

Thanks guys. It was a super clean car, painted undercarriage and all. All original panels, glass, floors. Never had anything more than traces of rust. I finally got it running and tuned to a state of perfection this weekend for the first time ever. I was determined that I would drive and enjoy the car. No museum status for me. I also accepted the fact that one day, someone might hit it. That doesn't upset me much. Accidents happen. I would be much angrier if someone ran a nail down the side of it. I'm just glad nobody got seriously hurt.

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: 440 on May 21, 2012, 09:22:57 AM
:brickwall:  How do you not see a bright red car?

Sorry to hear, luckily your ok and I hope the car makes a full recovery too.

Also looks like a solid double yellow

Actually, I was in the right lane where the SUV is. The skid marks go much further back. As you can see, I ended up in the oncoming lanes. I'm so lucky nothing hit me head on. A lot of big trucks use that road.

The double yellow isn't broken so she shouldn't have crossed there anyways....

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: 440 on May 21, 2012, 09:42:18 AM
The double yellow isn't broken so she shouldn't have crossed there anyways....

Actually, she's allowed to turn there (when no cars are coming). I found out that lap belts really work, it's just that people didn't wear them in the old days. I just managed to get the hood open. Here is a pic showing how much it got pushed back.

PocketThunder

Help me understand the impact.  She was pulling out from the right in your picture going to turn left and hit you head on?   :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

AirborneSilva

Ouch!!!  Man that sucks, sorry to hear your baby is probably a gonner  :rotz:

Interesting, I thought you couldn't cross a double yellow unless it was broken for a driveway etc. I looked it up and in most states you can as long as it is always on the left.

TK73

I don't have enough Cuss words in my vocabulary for some ^@?^%^@&^#/$&@$^@!  MORON like that   :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

RIDELIKEHELL

What a damn pill to swallow..glad you are okay but I would be livid at her! I was really looking forward to seeing that car in person this summer. Again I am sorry to hear this happened to you and your machine as it must be a nightmare.
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

DC_1

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 21, 2012, 10:10:34 AM
Help me understand the impact.  She was pulling out from the right in your picture going to turn left and hit you head on?   :o

The impact spun her vehicle around. She was in the driveway on the right trying to pull out to turn left. You can see all the dust marks on the pavement where other cars have turned there. I was in the right lane closest to the driveway. You can see how my skid marks suddenly change direction at the moment of impact. She probably only looked left once and was looking right as she went across. It's an awful road. The worst around here. Many people killed there all the time.

RECHRGD

So sorry!!!!!  You've got a better attitude about it than I would.  Hope you can get her fixed.  That will NOT buff out.......
13.53 @ 105.32

ChgrSteve67

That sucks !!
I hope the insurance companies take car of you.
Glad your not seriously injured.

In CA you can cross the road a double yellow to enter or leave the roadway but you cannot cross to pass other cars. If there is a double double set of yellow lines then you cannot cross period.

1BAD68

Sorry to see but good that you're not seriously hurt.
This is exactly why I will not ride a street bike.

Dino

I have to say, you have an attitude most of us would pay good money for.  Cops would have had to pry my hands of her throat.

So sorry to see your baby like that but I agree, better this than someone running  a nail down the side.  At least this was an accident.

You're insured, you'll be able to have her better than new once more but it still sucks.

So sorry buddy.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Rolling_Thunder

As long as you and her are not injured then it's a good day...     insurance will cover the car - these things happen
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Charger_Dart

Wow, sorry to hear about this, especially after you just got it to the point of enjoyable driving. I am surprised you were not more seriously hurt, that impact moved the radiator not far from where the hood hinges are. dang!
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

charger_fan_4ever

Good to hear nobody got really hurt.Looks like it might have some firewall - floor pan damage from that impact.Still if the rest of the car is really solid it probably is worth fixing.