News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Upper Door pannels form PUI (assembly required)

Started by nge, September 19, 2012, 01:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nge

OK, so .. much to my disappointment,the new upper new door panels from PUI dont have the metal backing that goes behind the upper part of the panel fron the lower cardboard backing to the window felt.
I will reuse the old metal upper backs but they are now attached to the olld lower cardboard backing by "flowering" (or whatever you call it) the metal through the cardboard.
Any ideas or lessons-learned on how to join the metal back to the carboard?  I think rivets of screws will show through the vinyl. Which is white by the way, so all mistakes show!
Double sided tape maybe?
thanks
nge

1973rallye

The best advice I can give is recognize when something is beyond your capability. PUI recommends that the inside fuzzies be installed by a professional. As you are removing your old and wanting to install them on the new panels that is definately the route I would take. The last thing you need is to damage your new panels.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

moparstuart

Everything I have gotten  from PUI  is shit and  have never heard anything good .  :Twocents:

my seat covers I sent back they were so bad  and my seat backs  broke the first week I had  them and fit really bad .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE