News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started my new Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Replica

Started by 404NOTFOUND, May 21, 2012, 08:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on June 04, 2012, 07:06:03 AM
Quote from: Dino on June 04, 2012, 06:49:59 AM
Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on June 04, 2012, 06:46:47 AM
I don't want the car back looking the same with no improvements. The only way to bury the bad memories of what happened will be to paint it differently, different wheels etc. This way I can look forward to getting back a car that is fresh and exciting.

I see what you're saying and it makes perfect sense.  It's obvious that you want a DMCL clone so it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, just go for it.  Besides it's just paint, a stripe and some slot mags, no big deal if you get tired of it.

Exactly. Hey it's an R/T clone now. In fact, the front and rear R/T badges were already on the car when it was found in Texas as a creme coloured 318 car. The main DMCL car also had R/T badges but was apparently not a factory R/T so, my car fits the plan perfectly.

That's pretty funny, it was meant to be!   :icon_smile_big:

Mine's an R/T clone as well, down to the extra leaf spring and bigger brakes but although it has the stripe it does not have the R/T badges front and rear.  That's how I got it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

lloyd3

This doesn't make it any easier, but the fact that your car was a clone allows for more creative licence.  Mine was largely original, so I've been somewhat forced to keep it as delivered, but you're free to do whatever your bankroll and tastes allow.  FWIW, I've seen lots of red cars and never one like in the movie.  Would your interior color be supportive of that direction (like black?)  Also, just exactly what was that color in the movie? It wasn't a factory limelight, was it? What I remember wasn't factory.

1BAD68

It was yellow.
Modelmaker owned one and has pictures that clearly show yellow.

404NOTFOUND

Yes my car has the disc brakes and the extra spring leaf too as well as the 440, 727 trans and Dana 60 rear. The interior is already black (originally white). The paint colour in the movie was 1971 only code GY3 Citron Yella. I'm gonna research the paint very carefully to make sure the colour is correct. I'm not doing anything right now. There's no point making grand plans until the insurance decides. I have no guess whether the car will survive or not.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

lloyd3

Either a black or white interior would work here, and while I wasn't sure, I would have guessed something like Citron Yellow to be the color they used for the movie.  (Didn't know about it being 71 only.)  So, your car really is in the hands of the insurance company's "death panel", eh?  Sounds a bit ominous to me.

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: lloyd3 on June 04, 2012, 11:27:35 PM
Either a black or white interior would work here, and while I wasn't sure, I would have guessed something like Citron Yellow to be the color they used for the movie.  (Didn't know about it being 71 only.)  So, your car really is in the hands of the insurance company's "death panel", eh?  Sounds a bit ominous to me.

How could a DMCL car work with white interior? It has to be black.

Dino

Well it would also need A/C, sometimes.  And it would need 68 tail lights from time to time as well...  :icon_smile_big:

You have some artistic liberty here.  Personally I don't like the color but I could live with the same stripe and another body color.  Like whitee with a black stripe or black with a white stripe or whatever.  I just don't like any mopar greens except F8...sometimes..
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: Dino on June 05, 2012, 09:53:43 AM
Well it would also need A/C, sometimes.  And it would need 68 tail lights from time to time as well...  :icon_smile_big:

You have some artistic liberty here.  Personally I don't like the color but I could live with the same stripe and another body color.  Like whitee with a black stripe or black with a white stripe or whatever.  I just don't like any mopar greens except F8...sometimes..

It was originally an AC car and I can still see the mark where the Airtemp sticker was so, replacing it will be no problem.

hemi-hampton

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 11, 2012, 11:26:09 PM
Any Updates :scratchchin:

Nothing yet. Their still working with the shop to round up all the needed parts. The "We're going to sent you a cheque for the towing right away" payment finally arrived yesterday. That's all so far. At least it confirms that I will be looked after eventually.

Ghoste

They do like to drag these things out don't they?

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: Ghoste on June 12, 2012, 08:33:18 AM
They do like to drag these things out don't they?

Yup. If I owed them money, I wonder how many late payment notices I would have had already.

Ghoste

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

404NOTFOUND

lloyd3

Have you noticed the "mangled 69 Charger on Craig'slist" post on this forum?  It looks like it was hit on the RR quarter, so....parts maybe?

472 R/T SE

Quote from: lloyd3 on June 12, 2012, 01:43:51 PM
Have you noticed the "mangled 69 Charger on Craig'slist" post on this forum?  It looks like it was hit on the RR quarter, so....parts maybe?

Seen that & thought of 404 right away.  That's his front clip.

SuperJim

Just read all this today... wow... I hope it all works out for you.
Jim
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
http://www.supercar1.com/index.php

404NOTFOUND

Yes, I did see that and thought the same thing. Actually, I do have a complete clip reserved for me. It's not official yet but, it is starting to look like the car will be restored to perfection. :cheers: No write off. I will let you all know.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on June 13, 2012, 07:19:14 PM

Yes, I did see that and thought the same thing. Actually, I do have a complete clip reserved for me. It's not official yet but, it is starting to look like the car will be restored to perfection. :cheers: No write off. I will let you all know.

Still DMCL though right  :yesnod:

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 13, 2012, 08:21:30 PM
Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on June 13, 2012, 07:19:14 PM

Still DMCL though right  :yesnod:

It will almost certainly be a DMCL car. Depends what the shop says.

Dodge Don

Only 2 months to Moparfest so you better get cracking  :paintingpink:

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: Dodge Don on June 14, 2012, 09:17:20 PM

I should bring it there the way it is now. $20.00 says my car draws the biggest crowd. ;D

Dodge Don

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on June 15, 2012, 04:01:01 AM
Quote from: Dodge Don on June 14, 2012, 09:17:20 PM

I should bring it there the way it is now. $20.00 says my car draws the biggest crowd. ;D

You would win that bet hands down. That would be the "must see" event at the show.