News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started my new Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Replica

Started by 404NOTFOUND, May 21, 2012, 08:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 15, 2012, 11:28:20 AM
that and a white one i know of. :yesnod:

Yes, I agree about the white one. Perhaps we could position both cars so it looks like I broadsided it.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

nvrbdn

they would both be very interesting to see in person. :yesnod: of course id rather see yours tied up in a shop being repaired already.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

charger_fan_4ever

Ram07

Is that car gonna get fixed? I would change colors, but not a DMCL thing myself, but that's just me....I love 'em looking stock...also not a fan of movies....Godd luck!

404NOTFOUND

They're still shuffling paper around and the car just sits. What a long, drawn out process.

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on July 09, 2012, 06:02:32 PM
They're still shuffling paper around and the car just sits. What a long, drawn out process.

Insurance companies take there sweet f'n time don't they....When my wife passed away what a chore it was to get them to send me a cheque...talk about paper work  :eek2:

good luck man
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Dodge Don

472 R/T SE

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on July 09, 2012, 06:04:58 PM

Insurance companies take there sweet f'n time don't they....When my wife passed away what a chore it was to get them to send me a cheque...talk about paper work  :eek2:

good luck man

Never knew, sorry 'bout that man.   :-\

VegasCharger

The waiting has got to suck. Hang in there and I like your plans of the DMCL Charger. That could be your car.

Bryan

404NOTFOUND

It's official. The car is totalled. They wrote it off. :'(  Lant/Silver Wheel/ Haggerty Insurance or whatever they call themselves came through and paid me the full value hassle free. The slowdown was caused by the overworked insurance adjusters they used. I'm still sad about it all but, I walked away which is the main thing. I just wanted to let you all know. 

I'd be pretty happy as long as the payout figure allows you to get into something in similar condition and value. The crappy thing is the hassles and having to wait to find it yourself.

Do you have salvage rights or do you have to buy it back if you wanted it.

projectanimal

That is a horrible crash!  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Glad to hear no one was hurt and that you're able to rebuild! It's always a shame to see great cars go to a graveyard!
The 2nd life of your ride will be great with which ever rebuild you choose!  :2thumbs:
northwest CT

Dodge Don

Great to hear they paid the full agreed value....did you get to keep the car?

404NOTFOUND

Yes I still have the car. I will be selling it. It can be fixed but is only worth it to someone with the right resources. People I have never heard of have been phoning or visiting me looking to buy it. Two of them have first dibs and then I will offer it here as I have found a lot of talented people are on this forum. Setting the right price will be not be easy.

RIDELIKEHELL

I guess I'm going to have to go with that insurance company
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on August 11, 2012, 02:00:13 PM
I guess I'm going to have to go with that insurance company

No worries there. They have a sterling reputation and they deserve my recommendation. There will be another classic car in my future and I will be insuring with them again.

Beep Beep Dave

What made you change your mind on the DMCL resto?

I am glad it was settled to your satisfaction. At least you can move on. I think it would be great if you could get it to Moparfest.
I can see how it would be tough to come up with a value.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on August 12, 2012, 08:27:59 AM

I am glad it was settled to your satisfaction. At least you can move on. I think it would be great if you could get it to Moparfest.

Dave

What changed my mind was that even I'm not sure it can be fixed afffordably unless I did it myself which I don't have the spare time.

marshallfry01

I just hope whoever ends up with the car will bring it back to life.  I hate to see any 2nd generation charger die, but especially one as nice as that one!  Good luck to you though, I couldn't imagine being in your shoes.  And I don't even have a charger yet!  :'(
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

doctor4766

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on August 12, 2012, 09:01:22 AM
Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on August 12, 2012, 08:27:59 AM

Dave

What changed my mind was that even I'm not sure it can be fixed afffordably unless I did it myself which I don't have the spare time.

So you gonna get another Charger and give it the DMCL treatment?
Gotta love a '69

Ghoste

404NOTFOUND

Sadly, I will not be getting another Charger. My reasons are very similar to the member with the orange '69 that was much discussed here (sorry I forgot his user name). That was never the plan but, the car being written off changes everything. I am as uncertain about the repair costs as the insurance company was and I have to go with a classic car that costs tens of thousands less which means no Charger. I am going to try to make sure that the car goes to someone who has the resources to fix it as it is too good to part out.

Ghoste

Are you planning to replace it with some other classic car then?  Another Mopar?