News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recommendations for a trunk seal/gasket/weatherstripping ('69 Charger)

Started by MaximRecoil, June 17, 2012, 12:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximRecoil

RockAuto.com has Metro Part# TK 64-A/18 for $14.59; is it any good? I can only find one review of it online; from Amazon:

QuoteElectrical tape would probably be better 

There is no way you could use this product as a trunk seal. Don't waste your money. It won't work for any of the classic or current Mopars.

Link

Fred

I've got Metro the quality is great and I would always buy it again.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Fred on June 17, 2012, 01:38:56 AM

I've got Metro the quality is great and I would always buy it again.

Thanks. I ordered some, along with a 5 oz. tube of 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive (I hope 5 oz. is enough). Hopefully this will keep the water out of the trunk. I wonder about the gas cap though. There is no gasket between it and the top of the rear quarter panel; is there supposed to be? I have never checked to see if it allows water into the trunk or not.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Fred on June 17, 2012, 05:28:55 PM
There should be a gasket.  It's an absolute must.

Thanks. I ordered a set of those too. Apparently there are 2 of them, 1 under the bezel and another between the filler tube mounting flange and the underside of the top of the rear quarter panel. Mine currently has neither gasket.