News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger Build - It moves!

Started by chaos52, June 08, 2012, 12:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaos52

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on October 19, 2014, 05:44:02 PM
Whoa dude take it easy on some of those shots or it may be flagged as NSFW  :drool5:

Better?

fy469rtse

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

TUFCAT

71_Charger_R/T

WOW!  I can't believe I never saw this Thread!  Just spent the entire afternoon pouring over it.  WOW! That's all I can say! WOW! You, young man, Have done a fantastic job! Your dad is obviously proud of you and rightly so! Black is a very unforgiving color. I cringed a little when I saw you decided to go black. Kids tend to dream of that "perfect" look, and it's in black, but their bodywork tends to not be as "perfect" as the vision. Especially on their first one.  I gotta hand it to you, You pulled it off!  I love to see these kinds of posts, Young guns with determination! You learned a LOT along the last four years didn't you? Thank you for sharing it with us! Also, Thank your dad for teaching you all he obviously did (either that or you're naturally gifted!) I have the feeling this car will mean a lot to both of you going into the future!
Again, Thanks for sharing!        Looking forward to the updates now.

chaos52

Thanks, 71_Charger_R/T.

I haven't worked on the car for a couple months now. Work has been very busy.

I'm not sure when I will be able to get back at it. It could be years. The opportunity to move to California came up about a month ago and I knew I needed to take it. It's the right step to continue my career in animation.

So, I'm headed that direction in a couple weeks and won't be taking the Charger with me. It is heartbreaking to stop now, when it's so close.

Dad is very gracious and is allowing me to keep it in the shop for now. I'd like to come back to Michigan for a few weeks in the summer just to get it running. But, money is pretty tight right now, so I'm not holding my breath.

TUFCAT

Sounds like a tough decision, but you certainly must know what's best for you career wise. Maybe your Dad can do some of the finishing work for you?   

chaos52

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 29, 2014, 06:52:13 PM
Sounds like a tough decision, but you certainly must know what's best for you career wise. Maybe your Dad can do some of the finishing work for you?   
Maybe, but there are 3 other cars that need his attention as well.  :)

Once I get some cash flowing again, I'll probably start ordering parts so things will go quickly when I can work on it again.

chaos52

Dad sent me this photo yesterday. His Cadillac is in the shop for paint work. The Charger is still there, looking mean as ever.  :coolgleamA:

djcarguy

chaos52

So I'm back in Michigan and gathering parts to get this thing on the road this summer!
Here's some eye candy from last weekend.  :popcrn:

VegasCharger

Awesome  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

If you don't mind me asking, what size are the rear rims? Back spacing? And tire size? On the rears.

Good to have a re-acquaintance with your Charger  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

TPR

Looking forward to seeing you wrap this this up.
Nice pics.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

66FBCharger

I LOVE the front spoiler!
Welcome back!
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

CRW-FK5

daveco

R/Tree

Baldwinvette77

Awesome! i wish i was back at it, but i have peoples problems to take care of first.   :lol:

Charger_Fan

I just saw this thread for the first time today...and...WOW!! Read the thread clear through from A to Z.

You have really done a phenomenal job on that Charger! I'm glad you're still picking away at it, as you have the time. One day soon, you will be able to cruise that baby, with wind in the hair! :icon_smile_cool:
I am definitely looking forward to continued updates on your project. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dodgecharger74

That is one nice Charger    Caro ?   I was in High School their  Class of 72
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

chaos52

Quote from: VegasCharger on April 22, 2016, 01:35:16 AM
Awesome  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

If you don't mind me asking, what size are the rear rims? Back spacing? And tire size? On the rears.

Good to have a re-acquaintance with your Charger  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks! The rear wheels and tires are 295-50 on 15x10 rims with 5" backspacing.

There's about an inch of space on one side and no space on the other. My plan is to cut off the spring perches and move them over a half inch. That should give me a half inch of space on both sides.
:2thumbs:

chaos52

chaos52

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on April 22, 2016, 04:52:54 PM
Awesome! i wish i was back at it, but i have peoples problems to take care of first.   :lol:
Ew that sound unpleasant.  :-\
I look forward to seeing progress when you get back at it!

chaos52

Quote from: Charger_Fan on April 22, 2016, 06:28:10 PM
I just saw this thread for the first time today...and...WOW!! Read the thread clear through from A to Z.

You have really done a phenomenal job on that Charger! I'm glad you're still picking away at it, as you have the time. One day soon, you will be able to cruise that baby, with wind in the hair! :icon_smile_cool:
I am definitely looking forward to continued updates on your project. :cheers:
Thanks! There will definitely be wind In the hair the first time I drive it...because there probably won't be a a windshield  :smilielol:

More updates soon I hope. Things will go fast once I get parts bought.

chaos52

Quote from: Dodgecharger74 on April 23, 2016, 06:32:50 PM
That is one nice Charger    Caro ?   I was in High School their  Class of 72
Yup, Pretty close to Caro. though, I went to Cass City high school. Let me know if you're ever in the area.  :2thumbs: