News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Possible Superbird Project

Started by hotrod98, June 09, 2012, 12:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 18, 2012, 09:50:55 AM
So far, the only body parts that have been traded for things of great value in my life have been female body parts...and those, I was only allowed to play with for a short period of time... :)

truest sentance I've read in the internet in quite some time!!!
:2thumbs:

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

:smilielol: :smilielol:   now we know where all larry nice cars go   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ram07

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 17, 2012, 06:47:24 PM
Quote from: Ram07 on June 17, 2012, 03:23:23 PM
Is it just me, or why would you wreck a car like that to make a clone? Always wanted a charger...still looking....In the mean time I would give my left nut for that car....why tear it apart?

Okay.  I'll sell you the car. Make me an offer that I can't refuse. In fact... I'll sell you any car that I own. I'll even sell you the Black Ice car if you want it.

You obviously haven't seen the wingcars that I've built. I don't think I've ever had anyone refer to them as wrecks. I build some of the most beautiful musclecars in the world. I've brought total rust buckets back from the dead. I've built cars that in my opinion should have stayed down for the count. But some people have a strong sentimental attachment to their cars so I help them.

There are people out there letting nice musclecars rust to the ground because they intend to restore them some day. My cars stay inside out of the weather. I treat them all with dignity, knowing that some day they will sit in someone else's garage or backyard such as the case may be. My biggest pet peave is people that buy nice Mopars and they don't even own a garage.

I currently own 12 Mopars and they are all stored safely inside. Some restored, some original and some waiting their turn for restoration. I think I'm doing my part to reserve the Mopar heritage.

Oh, and theres no cutting involved in turning a runner into a bird. You can turn it right back into a runner at any point although I'm not sure why anyone would do that.

Now, what kind of price where you thinking about on the 70 post car?

No offence intended....would love to buy one off of ya...have 20 k saved up right now...but would have to include shipping to Timmins...about 500 miles north of Toronto.
Sorry again...

You know...I've never seen a Suprbird...but, I can remember, one day, way back when...in the 80's....I saw a Daytona...must have been a fake...it was beat up, blue....Its gotta be here somewhere..

Ram07

Sorry for typos...just finished 7, 12 hr night shifts...it's hot...I have beer....so... :cheers:!

moparstuart

Quote from: Ram07 on June 18, 2012, 02:48:53 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on June 17, 2012, 06:47:24 PM
Quote from: Ram07 on June 17, 2012, 03:23:23 PM
Is it just me, or why would you wreck a car like that to make a clone? Always wanted a charger...still looking....In the mean time I would give my left nut for that car....why tear it apart?

Okay.  I'll sell you the car. Make me an offer that I can't refuse. In fact... I'll sell you any car that I own. I'll even sell you the Black Ice car if you want it.

You obviously haven't seen the wingcars that I've built. I don't think I've ever had anyone refer to them as wrecks. I build some of the most beautiful musclecars in the world. I've brought total rust buckets back from the dead. I've built cars that in my opinion should have stayed down for the count. But some people have a strong sentimental attachment to their cars so I help them.

There are people out there letting nice musclecars rust to the ground because they intend to restore them some day. My cars stay inside out of the weather. I treat them all with dignity, knowing that some day they will sit in someone else's garage or backyard such as the case may be. My biggest pet peave is people that buy nice Mopars and they don't even own a garage.

I currently own 12 Mopars and they are all stored safely inside. Some restored, some original and some waiting their turn for restoration. I think I'm doing my part to reserve the Mopar heritage.

Oh, and theres no cutting involved in turning a runner into a bird. You can turn it right back into a runner at any point although I'm not sure why anyone would do that.

Now, what kind of price where you thinking about on the 70 post car?

No offence intended....would love to buy one off of ya...have 20 k saved up right now...but would have to include shipping to Timmins...about 500 miles north of Toronto.
Sorry again...

You know...I've never seen a Suprbird...but, I can remember, one day, way back when...in the 80's....I saw a Daytona...must have been a fake...it was beat up, blue....Its gotta be here somewhere..
wasnt there a blue daytona clone 70 R/T parked in a snow bank    found it   ( its a snow cone )   :icon_smile_big:

Ram07

Can't me the one....that's not enough snow....would never see a car in a fiels, plus my memory says dark blue  :nana:

hotrod98

That makes me sick. How can someone do that to a wingcar even if it is a clone.  Have I ever mentioned that I hate snow?  :D

You know...I really love my Superbird but for some reason I want a Daytona. Anyone want to trade me their rust free non matching numbers real Daytona for a rust free non matching numbers, 440 (with six barrel), 4 speed, dana, real Superbird ? Just thought I would ask.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

hotrod98

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 22, 2012, 12:38:28 PM
I agree. I need your hood.  :poke:
get that green car your talking about . I'll trade you my whole car and a charger too to boot
   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

hotrod98

I really need to go see the guy again. He might be ready to sell. The problem is, I've bought so many cars lately that I'm getting low on cash. Anyone interested in a super solid 70 Belvedere wagon. Looks like a roadrunner from the front. I even have a runner hood that I could throw in.  ;D

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 22, 2012, 04:03:39 PM
I really need to go see the guy again. He might be ready to sell. The problem is, I've bought so many cars lately that I'm getting low on cash. Anyone interested in a super solid 70 Belvedere wagon. Looks like a roadrunner from the front. I even have a runner hood that I could throw in.  ;D
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   thats cool  but i dont need another project  i lov those 

BigBlockSam

put a wing on that station wagon
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

this one has a nose   

hotrod98

I'm really regretting selling my extra Superbird wing.  I've been collecting parts to build my 70 Cuda drag car but now I'm thinking that I might enjoy drag racing my 70 Runner as a Superbird clone. I don't want to cut on the car so it will have to be a small tire car. We have a 1/8th mile 7.0 class at our local drag strip which would be perfect for this car. I have a lightweight SB nose, a SB hood with the fiberglass extension that SuperbirdTom built a few years ago, a set of lightweight aftermarket steel z braces, a set of lightweight fender scoops and a pair of rust free Coronet fenders. I'l leave the back glass stock.

Now all I need is a wing.

Anyone have an extra wing lying around?

Charles Addams

mauve66

you said something about a Tona, i don't want a SB, so your ahead of the game here

how about a 1st gen with a hollow Tona wing on it for the red bird, with your fabricating skills i'm sure you could get a tona nose onto it
oh yeah, i feel i must disclose that the 1st gen is in 1,000,001 pieces right now (yes, that's how many pieces there in a 1st gen and i have every one of them), but thats even better for you as you aren't stuck with taking apart someone else car to make it your own, you get to put it together the way you want....................

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

hotrod98

I have several cars to choose from to build my next racecar. The problem is, I get bored very easily. It comes with age. I was kind of thinking that I could blend my love for wingcars with my love for dragracing. Since the only SB part that I need is a wing, it wouldn't be difficult to build the car. I can order a fiberglass one from Janek if I need to. I'll be down in Spring, TX in a few months so I could go by and pick it up. I've owned one of his fiberglass wings in the past and they're top notch.
As for ruining a 70 runner, this car has been rear ended at some point in it's life and has had some extensive repairs made and made poorly. There are also some signs of some minor front damage. The drive train is all non matching numbers as well. So, this car is no cream puff by any means. The paint is falling off of it and it needs to be completely redone.
I would build the nose so that it can be removed easily. That way my golf cart would still fit in front of the car in the trailer and it would be much easier to work on the car. I could build a rack to store the nose in. My racecar trailer was previously owned by one of Tim Wilkerson's crew members. He raced in Top Sportsman and has already installed brackets in the trailer that held his front clip while traveling.
Lately, I've been trying to decide whether to use one of my 70 Barracudas or my 68 Roadrunner to build my new racecar.
My son feels that the Barracuda would be a better race car. He might be right. Personally, I think the Superbird clone drag car would be the ultimate attention getter.

Charles Addams

mauve66

hello, was my offer that transparent?? :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

hotrod98

My brother has already asked for first chance to buy it should I let it go.  :yesnod:

Charles Addams