News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard carz

Started by r4daytona, June 11, 2012, 04:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedodgeboys

Quote from: moparstuart on June 22, 2012, 11:07:23 PM
Quote from: thedodgeboys on June 22, 2012, 10:28:40 PM
10 mn talking about a sump pump I'm done  :eek2: :eek2:

Show e the cars tell me about them I don't want to see hid daughter try to mike a simple word doc look like crap :smilielol:

Show e the cars if it's season 2 when does it start I'm done with season 1  :popcrn:
give it a chance   , or you will never see an all mopar show again   :Twocents:
That might not be a bad thing  :nana: if that's the kind of people representing our culture. I don't want a documentary but let there personality come out naturally as they take us through a week at the shop and actually work on something that attaches to a car.  ::)

I clicked it off at the stupid  pumpkin hunt part did anyone make a cool logo or car related carving?
I dought it another missed opportunity for something significant to be covered.

If this show is to survive it needs better editing and direction. At least this guy isn't acting like Paul Sr or that Boyd guy.

And another thing what's with the deadline thing, body shops never have a car ready by a promised date....
Stop pretending it matters  :coolgleamA:
  :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

nvrbdn

the pumpkin carving part was a joke. no one can carve. my wife watched for about three minutes and said " those 2 guys are gay" "i dont know about the rest of the people on the show, but those two are gay"  are they a couple off the show and pretend to argue? this was the first time ive watched the show, so im a bit behind on what they do. and so far what they do is film theirselfs and not cars. then sum up the show in the last two minutes.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 22, 2012, 11:25:50 PM
i will hang in there, but the "im just getting so mad, i  want to go back home again, why cant i just go home," weak. but ill hang in there to see the cars. i can fast forward through the nonsense. :2thumbs:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

r4daytona

hotrod98 I'll forward your ideas to Mark.  I was thinknig about your suggestion about maybe going to a car show. I think it would be cool if he could find cars like one he's suppose to restore, and show it as " now this is what the car at the shop is suppose to look like when it's done"  Now I don't know how many car shows are in Oregon, but I'll certainly suggest it.  I think suggestions like yours are much more constructive than some of the other comments. As I said, I talked with Mark for a while on the comments and all I can say is yes, he's goofy and the guys at the shop are also a bit crazy, but when we went to dinner and were at the shop, I saw that he is a funny guy who is very knowledgeable and just trying to learn and build a nice show about restoring some cool mopars. I'd much rather have that than two british speaking guys talking about foreign cars that I can't relate to, or stuffy Wayne Carini flipping expensive foreign cars.

Ghoste

Quote from: r4daytona on June 23, 2012, 10:18:07 PMhe is a funny guy who is very knowledgeable and just trying to learn and build a nice show about restoring some cool mopars. I'd much rather have that than two british speaking guys talking about foreign cars that I can't relate to, or stuffy Wayne Carini flipping expensive foreign cars.

Here, here.  :cheers: :cheers: (me too)

hotrod98

Mark's comfortable in front of a camera. I tend to be camera shy and lose focus easily. Most don't realize that making a video takes a certain kind of personality. One of my guys plays and sings in a band. He's a natural in front of a camera. I need to make videos of some of our work using him as my spokesman.
I've always admired people like Chip Foose and Troy Trepanier. They are naturals in front of a camera. I've met and talked with both of them and they talk to you like you're an old friend.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Budnicks

I'm hanging in there, I want a Mopar show to work, Still kind of dull though, but they did at least do some work this time on a painted B21 hood stripe package on the 70 Plum Crazy RR, in the Pumpkin Carving & Cuda Swimming/Drowning Episode (10/28/2009 it said on the stupid Pumpkin Carving flier the daughter was working on), hopefully it will be getting better every week, show more of the cars & less background reality show BS, again my perception is, the owner Mark is kind of a weird DUCK... We'll see if it lasts... Hopefully the newer episodes, for their sake start showing more of the cars & work...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

r4daytona

I'm giving it some time too. I was also surprised there wasn't as much about cars, but as I said, and I can only pass this on, Mark said he's incorporating more about cars- and he said ALOT in season two.  THe following explains a bit of my investment (if you want to call it that)   I have ALOT more time in this than anybody can imagine--by my choice of course. I've made HUNDREDS of calls and I've gotten SEVERAL sponsors for stuff for my car and it's worked out that Mark has made a deal with some of them too.. discounts he can pass along to other customers.  I've been quite about what I've been doing because some people (at least around here) almost seem to get a bit jealous. I've made at least a few hundred calls about stuff for my car.  Several things have been donated some have been discounted. EX: Legendary is going to do the interior, they are going to fly a small crew out to his shop and film installing the interior and use it on the show and for their own use. Coker Tire set me up with Rims, trim rings, center caps mounted and balanced! Thanks to you guys, I looked, and found, wheelweights that are correct for 1969!  Accurate Exhaust is doing a complete exhaust system. Napa Sent basically an entire front end of ball joints, tie rod ends, bushings, bumpers, master cyinder, power booster rear brake rebuilt kit and two 4-piston calipers so Mark can make it as original as possible. Kim at Passion4mopars is doing my wiper motor, alternator and carb. Their work is excellent, you should check it out. Vans Auto is supplying most of the "trim and trinkets" as I call it, and the rest will come from year one. Hey, I can't find everything original!  I actually found a 69 HP440 that came out of a 69 charger RT. Here's the part people will debate. Galen said I want to find a motor as close to June 2 (build date) as possible ... this motor is stamped june 2.  One change though, the heads needed to be redone, but since they look the same as stock heads, 440 Source discounted me a set of Alum Stealth Heads. AMD is helping out with the sheetmetal.  I'm glad to have done this work obviously and I know it will benefit others that have him do their car. So lets keep positive about a guy trying to build a show  about restoring mopars so we can see the daytona, superbird and A12 be restored! IF anyone wants to talk, please feel free to call (716)549-1756  Tom  Thanks

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on June 25, 2012, 04:21:14 PM
I'm giving it some time too. I was also surprised there wasn't as much about cars, but as I said, and I can only pass this on, Mark said he's incorporating more about cars- and he said ALOT in season two.  THe following explains a bit of my investment (if you want to call it that)   I have ALOT more time in this than anybody can imagine--by my choice of course. I've made HUNDREDS of calls and I've gotten SEVERAL sponsors for stuff for my car and it's worked out that Mark has made a deal with some of them too.. discounts he can pass along to other customers.  I've been quite about what I've been doing because some people (at least around here) almost seem to get a bit jealous. I've made at least a few hundred calls about stuff for my car.  Several things have been donated some have been discounted. EX: Legendary is going to do the interior, they are going to fly a small crew out to his shop and film installing the interior and use it on the show and for their own use. Coker Tire set me up with Rims, trim rings, center caps mounted and balanced! Thanks to you guys, I looked, and found, wheelweights that are correct for 1969!  Accurate Exhaust is doing a complete exhaust system. Napa Sent basically an entire front end of ball joints, tie rod ends, bushings, bumpers, master cyinder, power booster rear brake rebuilt kit and two 4-piston calipers so Mark can make it as original as possible. Kim at Passion4mopars is doing my wiper motor, alternator and carb. Their work is excellent, you should check it out. Vans Auto is supplying most of the "trim and trinkets" as I call it, and the rest will come from year one. Hey, I can't find everything original!  I actually found a 69 HP440 that came out of a 69 charger RT. Here's the part people will debate. Galen said I want to find a motor as close to June 2 (build date) as possible ... this motor is stamped june 2.  One change though, the heads needed to be redone, but since they look the same as stock heads, 440 Source discounted me a set of Alum Stealth Heads. AMD is helping out with the sheetmetal.  I'm glad to have done this work obviously and I know it will benefit others that have him do their car. So lets keep positive about a guy trying to build a show  about restoring mopars so we can see the daytona, superbird and A12 be restored! IF anyone wants to talk, please feel free to call (716)549-1756  Tom  Thanks
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

hotrod98

In the opening segment, Mark states that he doesn't use reproduction parts. Lo and behold before the show is over they show a table loaded down with parts from YearOne. Maybe he meant no reproduction sheet metal parts. Eventually even that won't be possible.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

resq302

Sad to say but cablevision does not offer Velocity in a regular channel.  It is available on a high def channel but that means me getting a HD TV and a HD TV cable box.  A lot of coin for a show that is just starting out.   :brickwall:  Now to try and figure out how to talk the wife into getting new high def tv for the living room and replace our old 34" tube type tv. :scratchchin:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Ghoste on June 23, 2012, 10:22:27 PM
Quote from: r4daytona on June 23, 2012, 10:18:07 PMhe is a funny guy who is very knowledgeable and just trying to learn and build a nice show about restoring some cool mopars. I'd much rather have that than two british speaking guys talking about foreign cars that I can't relate to, or stuffy Wayne Carini flipping expensive foreign cars.

Here, here.  :cheers: :cheers: (me too)

I don't believe you see the brits or Wayne carving pumpkins or getting spiked hair either. They seem to stick to the cars and the stories behind them...  :Twocents:  :shruggy:

Quote from: r4daytona on June 25, 2012, 04:21:14 PM

I for one am going to give them all the time I can. I don't like all the banter crap either but it's probably some of the reason the network gave them a shot in the first place.  I am very excited to hear that sponsors are getting behind the show because that says that they believe that the show has the potential to get to the folks that matter to them.  I am looking forward to seeing several more episodes and hope that I will be able to see season 2.   :2thumbs:

I will say that the banter seems to help keep my boys involved in the show (who are 10).
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: r4daytona on June 23, 2012, 10:18:07 PM
hotrod98 I'll forward your ideas to Mark.  I was thinknig about your suggestion about maybe going to a car show. I think it would be cool if he could find cars like one he's suppose to restore, and show it as " now this is what the car at the shop is suppose to look like when it's done" 

Get his arse on a plane and have him make the rounds at Carlisle!!!!!    :cheers:  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bull

A reality show featuring little genuine substance other than fights and bickering? How original! :2thumbs:

I've never seen it, but by the sound of it I really don't need to.

Nwcharger

I think what would make good tv would be the restoration of my future Daytona 414627. Its the perfect graveyard car, especially sence nobody thinks it can be saved.  ;D
1969 coronet wagon

bakerhillpins

Quote from: bull on June 25, 2012, 09:24:43 PM
A reality show featuring little genuine substance other than fights and bickering? How original! :2thumbs:

I've never seen it, but by the sound of it I really don't need to.

Cm'on bull.. You are going to let someone else make make up your mind?  :nana:  Watch it for yourself, give it a chance, form your own opinion.  :cheers:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

moparstuart

Quote from: resq302 on June 25, 2012, 08:57:03 PM
Sad to say but cablevision does not offer Velocity in a regular channel.  It is available on a high def channel but that means me getting a HD TV and a HD TV cable box.  A lot of coin for a show that is just starting out.   :brickwall:  Now to try and figure out how to talk the wife into getting new high def tv for the living room and replace our old 34" tube type tv. :scratchchin:
yes you have to get the HD teir  but you can still view HD channels on regular tv 

bakerhillpins

There are 2 GYC thread ongoing..

Mark W. just posted up under a new user name on the thread in the Car Guys Discussion section.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86498.msg1054877.html#msg1054877
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

moparstuart

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 26, 2012, 08:31:11 PM
There are 2 GYC thread ongoing..

Mark W. just posted up under a new user name on the thread in the Car Guys Discussion section.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86498.msg1054877.html#msg1054877
Quote from: GYC Undertaker on June 26, 2012, 08:16:14 PM

Hi Gang,

I had to re-sign up as I had forgotten my username and password from a while back. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for at least giving us a shot. I know there are a lot of car folks that were hoping for more work on our beloved Mopars in the first few episodes. I did focus on developing character in those first few episodes so i know they lack the car content. Be sure that I have never made a TV show before this and have learned a great deal. My dream was to bring our Mopars into every home possible and share why we love them so much. I felt that doing that for us car folks and Mopar lovers would be fairly easy, but to get housewives, mothers, kids, grandparents, etc to watch would take a little different spin.

Bear with the show, you will see that by episode 4 we are going hard on our cars and you will be along for the ride. We had great response for the most part on our debut and considering it had the ability to air in 14 million homes, that's a good thing. Velocity wrote us specifically to say we did very well in the ratings so I am hoping my strategy is working. If we can make GYC a show that highlights Mopars but is also entertaining to the masses, how cool would that be to us Mopar lovers.

As some of you know I am currently restoring Tom Partridges Daytona here in Season II and it's really going to be a beauty. I will be posting pictures soon so you can all watch some progress on her.

Thank you again to everyone here for watching and staying tuned...I know you will love GYC in the episodes to come! Mopar or No Car!

~Mark Worman

moparstuart

the two wing cars and the a-12 from next season

Charger-Bodie

Drastic improvement to Marks head.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 29, 2012, 09:13:06 PM
Drastic improvement to Marks head.
that guy is my wing car hero

GYC Undertaker

Quote from: thedodgeboys on June 23, 2012, 03:49:02 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 22, 2012, 11:07:23 PM
Quote from: thedodgeboys on June 22, 2012, 10:28:40 PM
10 mn talking about a sump pump I'm done  :eek2: :eek2:

Show e the cars tell me about them I don't want to see hid daughter try to mike a simple word doc look like crap :smilielol:

Show e the cars if it's season 2 when does it start I'm done with season 1  :popcrn:
give it a chance   , or you will never see an all mopar show again   :Twocents:
That might not be a bad thing  :nana: if that's the kind of people representing our culture. I don't want a documentary but let there personality come out naturally as they take us through a week at the shop and actually work on something that attaches to a car.  ::)

I clicked it off at the stupid  pumpkin hunt part did anyone make a cool logo or car related carving?
I dought it another missed opportunity for something significant to be covered.

If this show is to survive it needs better editing and direction. At least this guy isn't acting like Paul Sr or that Boyd guy.

And another thing what's with the deadline thing, body shops never have a car ready by a promised date....
Stop pretending it matters  :coolgleamA:
  :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

The idea to create Graveyard Carz was inspired by a 1971 'Cuda 440+6 that a client of mine had purchased and wanted me to restore. This car had been totaled in 1980 and spent the next 30 years being picked apart and rusting.
Soon, rumors were in the air that I was going to "rebody" the 'Cuda, using the original body numbers, dash vin and fender tag. These rumors were started by folks in the Mopar community who did NOT believe the car could be saved...I was out to prove them wrong!

I decided to have a young film student from the University Of Oregon bring his camera over on weekends and document the restoration in hopes to validate the authenticity of the resurrection.
Thus, Graveyard Carz was born.

After creating a one hour pilot, featuring straight work on cars and no character interaction, I sent it out to the networks. After nearly a year of "sorry" or "unfortunatelies" I had find out why I was being passed by. Soon I made connection with A. Smith and Co. This is the company that produces shows such as Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, Trading Spaces, etc. Under the direction of a very nice lady there, I learned that even "car shows" have to maintain certain elements to make it appealing to a network. Drama, Conflict and Comedy are the main ones...

So, armed with that knowledge, I set out to rework the program that housed my beloved Mopars. I have always hoped I could make a program that could showcase the cars I love and spread the word of how cool they are, to the masses. I felt it was important to establish characters in the series first and foremost because I knew the 'Cudas, Challengers, Chargers, Road Runners, GTX's, Superbirds and Daytonas would carry their own weight.
After revamping the program to a format desirable by networks, Graveyard Carz is now filming it's second Season. It has been sold and is airing in over 40 countries. Discovery Turbo for the UK purchased it and is set to air late this year. Discovery Latin America has bought Season I and Season II which is still in production. The list goes on and on...

If you want to see our beloved Pentastars on TV then you have to ride out the storm and realize we're trying to reach more than just car enthusiasts with Graveyard Carz. There is not another all Mopar show on TV and I doubt there will be another. Rest assured I listen to everyone and make notes to make the program better. But, I also have to make it appealing to the mainstream viewing audience if we want to be around for many years to come. Just thought I should say something.

I honestly do appreciate all of your comments and show them to the rest of the team. As long as I know the comments, opinions and two cents worth are from your Mopar hearts, I'll always listen.
~ Mark Worman

r4daytona

Hi Guys, just thought I send some info on the A12 and then I'd like to ask a favor.  Dave, the owner of the A12 is a very nice guy. I saw the car at my house when ShowCar services was picking up my motor. If it wasn't for the damage on the one side it could be a survivor car.  Anyway, here's what he wrote:

It was my dads, he bought it in 1970. he raced it and drove it often. the last time it was registerd was in 1983, it has 20k miles on it. its all #'s matching. I'l send some pics.
In 83, my dad and I were comming home late from his friends house, and he dozed off at the wheel, and lightly sideswiped a gaurdrail, and that is why it was parked. Thw damage is not bad, in fact the the car never stopped, my dad only rubbed the rail slightly.
My uncle Bill, was the body guy, and my dad the mechanic, and I think Bill was going to repair the car, but my dad wanted a new fender, and didnt want any bondo on the car. 1n the early 90's my uncle died of a heart attack, before a fender was ever found. 2years ago, an nos fender was found, and me and dad set to get the car restored, we were looking for a good body guy that my dad would feel was right for the job, last Feb my dad also past away from a heart attack. and now all this is on me.
I love this car,and its always been my dream car, I only want to get it done correctly, and be able to enjoy it just as my dad did when it was new.
Let me know if you get this.

thanks for reading Tom, talk to you soon

So I'd like to ask this, stories like this, my wing car search and Mike getting the birds with his son would never be heard if it wasn't for a show like Marks. SO can you please go to the Velocity blog and write something positive about the show so these stories can be told?  Lets all be a part of this and contribute so this can be a great show!