News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard carz

Started by r4daytona, June 11, 2012, 04:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

well mark,i hadnt been a follower until now. i watched the latest episode and am understanding that you are trying to introduce the crew showing who they are personally. i was a bit lost as to what was going on untill stu started explaining what your trying to do. since then i have been trying to catch some reruns and waiting this out. love the cars, and love to see the restorations.good luck with this. hope you can keep the mopars coming. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

hotrod98

The only reason that American Chopper was as successful as it was, was because of the drama. I think it was exaggerated sometimes for ratings but eventually became all too real as the guys made more money. I totally agree that a show strictly about restoration would never sell to the public. Maybe I could drive the Black Ice Superbird of Death up there and cause some drama in the shop. No one likes a smartass, know it all, southern hick from Arkansas coming in and trying to tell everyone how things should be done...lol

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 01, 2012, 09:39:34 PM
The only reason that American Chopper was as successful as it was, was because of the drama. I think it was exaggerated sometimes for ratings but eventually became all too real as the guys made more money. I totally agree that a show strictly about restoration would never sell to the public. Maybe I could drive the Black Ice Superbird of Death up there and cause some drama in the shop. No one likes a smartass, know it all, southern hick from Arkansas coming in and trying to tell everyone how things should be done...lol
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  id watch that   :D :D :D :D :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

hotrod98

I would kinda worry about gettin my butt whooped. My mouth writes checks that...well...you know the rest :)

Charles Addams

nvrbdn

:smilielol: i think it could be interesting to stir it up. they want character? you could add some southern style arkansas character. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 02, 2012, 08:44:28 AM
:smilielol: i think it could be interesting to stir it up. they want character? you could add some southern style arkansas character. :2thumbs:
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   Larrys just a cream puff   :nana: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 02, 2012, 01:00:06 AM
I would kinda worry about gettin my butt whooped. My mouth writes checks that...well...you know the rest :)

Good ole butt kickin' is what sells today,   :icon_smile_big: :smilielol:

Seriously good idea though.
As others have said, I'd tune in for a  black bird appearance.  :2thumbs:

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on July 02, 2012, 08:46:01 AM
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   Larrys just a cream puff   :nana: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hey, I love all of my Yankee friends north of the Mason-Dixon but they do get on me nerves just a little. Okay...a lot  ;D

As for southern heritage, I draw the line at welding my doors shut and sliding across the hood. I'm too old to crawl through the window and those hood pins could neuter a fella.  Just sayin...

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteHey, I love all of my Yankee friends north of the Mason-Dixon but they do get on me nerves just a little. Okay...a lot  Grin

easy there southern man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVRxdPWV3RM

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 02, 2012, 03:23:44 PM
QuoteHey, I love all of my Yankee friends north of the Mason-Dixon but they do get on me nerves just a little. Okay...a lot  Grin

easy there southern man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHsDa9_HSlA 

:nana:    i actually love neil

Budnicks

So from my understanding of one of Mark's latest post, there is contrived or added drama & added comedy to meet the criteria of the networks, to be able sell the show, now I understand the show a little better, still the "only Mopar Restoration Show"on TV won't last long, if you can't retain the viewers... Good luck, I hope it works for the overall Mopar community sake & the continued success of your restoration shops sake... I like seeing posts here, from the owner Mark, it shows he might actually care what other Mopar enthusiast think...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 02, 2012, 03:23:44 PM

easy there southern man

I prefer..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcsROMfxNyY&feature=related

:poke:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

mark and I

nvrbdn

yep, mark and stu co hosting. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

r4daytona

Hey guys, Stu, you definetly are a fashion trend setter.... the way your shirt matches your wing is perfect -- no fashion police needed!  As far as some contrived drama and comedy, maybe a bit, but honestly, like I said earlier, those guys are like that, best friends busting each others balls! It was like that at dinner. I spoke with Mark for a while yesterday about Carlisle and unfortunately he can not make it. He has to get his Season2 finished by the end of August.  I will be there making the rounds to all the vendors that are helping with my Daytona so if you see a guy wearing a Graveyard Carz shirt, stop me, lets get a drink and I'll be happy to answer any questions. I also told mark that he needs to occassionally post some pics of progress on cars to keep you guys a little more "in the loop".  Can't show you everything but some progress from time to time. Nice thing I found out about my car is that instead of dipping it, they blasted the remaining parts that didn't get soda blasted the first time. I told Mark I'd prefer that over dipping.

Nwcharger

i think the show is doing well. i remember watching this online sometime last year and was just waiting for it to make tv. i wish i went to work everyday restoring mopars, instead of working for a import dealership that i hate. wonder if they're hiring?
1969 coronet wagon

moparstuart

the plum road runner is just awesome I love that car   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

it needs a little fine tunning, but ive seen a few episodes now and im rolling with it. mark is bringing all the mopars out which is cool. the wing next season will be cool to see.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

200MPH

I have to admit i like the show i like the fact that they go to such lengths to restore a car ie the 71 cuda  its nice someone care enough for these cars to do it that way :cheers:
Charger

cdr

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 01, 2012, 09:39:34 PM
just came back from arkansas
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 02, 2012, 12:58:50 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 02, 2012, 08:46:01 AM

Hey, I love all of my Yankee friends north of the Mason-Dixon but they do get on me nerves just a little. Okay...a lot  ;D

As for southern heritage, I draw the line at welding my doors shut and sliding across the hood. I'm too old to crawl through the window and those hood pins could neuter a fella.  Just sayin...
:smilielol: i'm with ya
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Budnicks

Show is slowly getting fractionally better... The jury is starting to lean a little.... I do like the Plumb Crazy 70 RR... The guys 67 RT Coronet was nice too, not too smart driving 125-130mph in the rain though
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks