News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 daytona 440 4 speed that recently sold on Barrett Jackson

Started by nascarxx29, February 11, 2006, 09:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 22, 2006, 10:39:47 PM
i think he's just bidding for the fun of it. Since he knows he hasnt hit reserve and would then not have to come up with the cash.

I dont know......both from him & car are from Florida....possibly knows owner.....   :scratchchin:

Could be totally wrong of course.....I hope he gets it then!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 23, 2006, 03:21:50 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on February 22, 2006, 10:39:47 PM

i think he's just bidding for the fun of it. Since he knows he hasnt hit reserve and would then not have to come up with the cash.

both from him & car are from Florida....possibly knows owner.....

Excellent points...

:popcrn:

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 22, 2006, 10:46:04 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on February 14, 2006, 06:08:13 PM
There ya go Troy, trade that HEMI for a bronze Daytona and have it match Dana.

Dana is T7.....geez!   get your board members cars straight.... :icon_smile_big:   :nutkick:    :wave:

Paul, the likelihood of me finding a T7 Daytona is VERY remote.. Heck, I can only remember seeing one, the one at the Talladega Museum...  I've seen a few T5's........   :)

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

I got the board members cars straight, I just don't see any T7 Daytona's for sale. I was just meaning a bronze car to go with Dana. But I get what you are saying too Paul, it wouldn't be a perfect match.

Troy, I still say your best bet is to finish the HEMI car and then see if anyone would be interested in trading for just that car. It has happened before in the past. I have heard of quite a few trades over the years for a Daytona or a Superbird for a HEMI B-body car. That or possibly sell the HEMI car and put that money towards buying a Daytona.

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 23, 2006, 11:27:18 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on February 22, 2006, 10:46:04 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on February 14, 2006, 06:08:13 PM
There ya go Troy, trade that HEMI for a bronze Daytona and have it match Dana.

Dana is T7.....geez!   get your board members cars straight.... :icon_smile_big:   :nutkick:    :wave:

Paul, the likelihood of me finding a T7 Daytona is VERY remote.. Heck, I can only remember seeing one, the one at the Talladega Museum...  I've seen a few T5's........   :)

Troy

Ya i suppose.   Are you heart-set on a T colored Daytona, or dont you have a preferance... i know i wouldnt care if its "sh!t-bringle-brown*!!!" 

* this brown reference is in now way a similarity to T7 Bronze....... T7 is a different color all its own......
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 6pkrunner on February 11, 2006, 05:25:59 PM
Those cars play in arenas that we'll never really know the truth. I'm cynical emough to believe that a lot of these cars are flipped just to keep the prices high so these handful of guys don't loose a ton of coins should they fall back to Earth and reality. 20 or 30 guys just keep circulating 40-50 cars. They can claim they own them all - for a while. ;D

You know, that is probably how it is.    At the country club playing a round of golf they say,  "Ya, I just sold my low miles original Daytona 4 sp. car for 160K, now shut up and putt Derwood  you loser".

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Ghoste

I know of one car that recently sold at an auction for an enormous sum only to discover later that the buyer and seller were one and the same.

Shakey

Quote from: Ghoste on February 24, 2006, 06:48:46 AM
I know of one car that recently sold at an auction for an enormous sum only to discover later that the buyer and seller were one and the same.

That doesn't seem like a very smart move considering he would most likely have to pay sellers & buyers commission.  What a waste of money if in fact the auction house made him follow the proper procedures / rules.

Ghoste

Unless he established a new "going rate" that greatly exceeded those fees.

69_500

It isn't always a bad move to puchase your own vehicle at an auction. If say you need to get $150K out of a car but the bidding only goes up to $90K with no reserve then you bid it up and buy it back for $120K. Now if you had origionally bought the car for say $145K and needed to at least break even. Then you just saved some money, sort of, with buyers fee's and sellers fee you'd probably break even. But if the difference was greater you could see why someone would choose to do this.

Ghoste

But let's suppose the bidding was strong and you hit your reserve but then you turned around and kept the bidding strong until it was 20% higher again than your reserve?  That isn't just keeping your "value" established in the public eye, that's raising the bar.

69_500

Thats true, but some people always want to say that their car is worth X amount of dollars. If it means doing that at an auction, and bidding up your own car is the only way it comes to that amount then some people have no problem doing that.

Ghoste

Well, most rich folks don't get that way by being stupid.  As mentioned in one of the many threads lately on auction results, those people are playing in a world that most of us can't even imagine.
It still amazes me though.

69_500

True they most of them didn't get rich overnight either. Granted there are a few people who either inherited money that they spend on these cars, and some who have won lotteries. But in reality most of these people made their money in other aspects of life and are now spending their excess money in our hobby.