News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Deal on console top plate sets/competition for PG Classic

Started by bull, July 23, 2012, 08:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

At the Mopar Nationals in Woodburn, OR yesterday I stopped by the Mopar Shop booth and had a look around. On the back table I saw a couple of console top plate sets and assumed they were a PG Classic deal. Went and had a closer look at it but didn't see any name on it so I asked the guy running the booth about them. One was right for my car (68 4 speed) and the other was a 69 woodgrain set. The sets apparently come with everything but a hinge, however, and the PG Classic sets do have hinges. Anyway, he told me these are the creation of a different company and that it's made in the US. What got me interested was that the 68 set had an introductory price of $450 for the whole set compared to $765 at PG Classic. What the heck, I gave it a good look and bought it.

The fit is not bad but not perfect, which by most accounts is typical for an early/first run piece. More specifically, the fit on the front plate is where I've found the only slight problem in that it has a slight upward bow to it. With the front hooked under the console body the back sticks up but will fit evenly when pressed down slightly. The rest of the set fit fine. The owner told me he will accept returns if I do not like the fit so I might try trading off the front plate. Not sure if it's worth the potential hassle yet though since it does lay down fine.

Long story short, there are a limited number of these first run sets and they are priced way less than what you can normally get them for. The guy is in Madera, CA and his name is Ed Wogulis. ph 559-645-7243 www.themoparshop.com mopared@earthlink.net