News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tony's Daytona discussion

Started by TONY, June 29, 2012, 11:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: resq302 on March 16, 2013, 01:04:46 PM
Dave, (or should I say Mr. Trump!)

IF in fact I am fired, how come I never received a W-2 statement?  Am I entitled to severance pay?  If so, when should I expect that?  My guess is it would be the same as every other pay check..... never.   :smilielol:

Man, I'm putting all the dots together now..........  :smilielol:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TUFCAT

Date coded mufflers, date coded glass, ultra correct stickers, even Vin labels are completely different than the "holy grail broadcast sheet".

The broadcast sheet is "paper documentation" that has been unilaterally considered a premier part of a vehicles original history and value .  In my view "fixing paper" is just like restamping a block.

ECS

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 16, 2013, 01:50:09 PM
Date coded mufflers, date coded glass, ultra correct stickers, even Vin labels are completely different than the "holy grail broadcast sheet".

The broadcast sheet is "paper documentation" that has been unilaterally considered a premier part of a vehicles original history and value .  In my view "fixing paper" is just like restamping a block.

That may be your opinion but in the real World, VIN Labels ARE Federally Mandated items that we're established in 1966 by the SAE under Sub-chapter 49; section 567.  A Broadcast Sheet might be the "holy grail" in the Hobby World but is not a legal document that possess ANY Federal Registration qualities whatsoever.  They are left over paper "trash", hidden in the vehicle by Employees that were too lazy to properly discard them in their work station trash bin.  If their part of the assembly process allowed them to hide them in the vehicle, they simply stashed them away.  Their trash bin didn't have to be emptied as frequently. 

Broadcast Sheets mean absolutely NOTHING with respect to a registered/Federal/legal "Document".  Please reference ANY Governing Body such as the DMV, DOT, NHTSA or SAE, that consider a Broadcast Sheet as a registered document.  You may not appreciate these Facts but there are even entities that are allowed to legally re-stamp Engine Blocks under the proper circumstances.  Don't refer to those APPROVED venues as "crooks" simply because you don't agree with their their legal jurisdiction!  :2thumbs:
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

dyslexic teddybear

Legally correct, yes.

Ethically correct?

....would be the question. :scratchchin:

I say Tufcats right. JMO.....

Curious.....can you explain how restamping a block is "approved" and under what circumstances?

ECS

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on March 16, 2013, 02:49:18 PM
Legally correct, yes.

Ethically correct?

....would be the question. :scratchchin:

I say Tufcats right. JMO.....

Then we are all in agreement!  Anyone who takes a perfectly legal situation and knowingly turns it into an un-ethical ordeal is devious.  :2thumbs:

ECS

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on March 16, 2013, 02:49:18 PM
Curious.....can you explain how restamping a block is "approved" and under what circumstances?

A vehicle manufacturer can re-stamp their Engine blocks under certain warranty situations and/or conditions.  In the early 70's Pontiac required that their service replacement blocks (placed in service) be stamped with the vehicle sequence number.

dyslexic teddybear

Interesting.....surprised anyone bothered to.

Thanks.

ECS

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on March 16, 2013, 03:12:59 PM
Interesting.....surprised anyone bothered to.

Thanks.

Here is additional information pertaining to the subject matter.  It concerns VIN Registration Law as it pertains to those who can and cannot work within the mandates.  (Pay special attention to sub-section #5 regarding who is EXEMPT from the mandates as they pertain to the law.  Also notice that a "Broadcast Sheet" is never referenced/considered as a legal document.)  I used this jurisdiction link because Michigan is arguable the center of the Automotive World.  Most States have codes similar to this one.  

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(hubuuomg32ujcc45pou4qkfe))/documents/mcl/pdf/mcl-750-415.pdf

rainbow4jd

Quote from: ECS on March 16, 2013, 12:49:28 PM
Quote from: resq302 on March 16, 2013, 08:00:56 AM
Melted rubber is just additional undercoating that prevents rust and chips!

Master B......is your "undercoating" comment a subliminal criticism about the work we did on the Valiant?  JUST KIDDING!  Can you believe the twists and turns this thread has taken?  One thing is for sure!  I've been schooled about proper etiquette on the internet Forums. :lol:  For instance, if anyone agrees with you they MUST be on your payroll.  (Brian.....you're Fired!)  :rofl:  If you are a "business owner" it's juvenile to post in a discussion but if you are a "professional business consultant to the automotive industry" providing similar commentary is considered a virtue!  Those who doctor and falsify "DOCUMENTS" are the ones qualified to suggest a deterrence for the actions that they themselves practice.  WOW!  I guess Business should remain Business and the Forums an alternative to reality TV.  All in good fun of course....... :icon_smile_wink:

I don't have a dog in this fight, so there's no reason for me to be silent.   None of you would hire me, so I'm just pointing out my opinion that this is a "whiney girl" thread of she said, she said.   

There's far too much opinion and self-righteousness for it to have any value other than entertainment.  (And it is marginally entertaining)

PLOT:
Side A:  Holier than thou hobbyists try to define what should be done to retain the purity of the hobby as seen through their eyes.   
Side B:  Callous businessman says "F U -- it ain't illegal, and this ain't Church, so get off my case."
The two sides call each other names for 9 pages and occasionally a few others chime in.

Doesn't that about cover it?

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TUFCAT

Quote from: rainbow4jd on March 16, 2013, 10:34:45 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight, so there's no reason for me to be silent.   None of you would hire me, so I'm just pointing out my opinion that this is a "whiney girl" thread of she said, she said.    

There's far too much opinion and self-righteousness for it to have any value other than entertainment.  (And it is marginally entertaining)

PLOT:
Side A:  Holier than thou hobbyists try to define what should be done to retain the purity of the hobby as seen through their eyes.  
Side B:  Callous businessman says "F U -- it ain't illegal, and this ain't Church, so get off my case."
The two sides call each other names for 9 pages and occasionally a few others chime in.

Doesn't that about cover it?

Yes Rainbow.  You've covered it completely.  Well, maybe we have room for one more quote.... :D

"this was a credible business man in our hobby who is now viewed as a self rightous-cry baby-bully- with no rerspect-to our hobby-and future business-close your shop now-you're peers are wondering if you lost it-probably end up written about in a magazine-had lots of great potential- but ruined it-argumentative business owner-who could go out of business-somebody else takes over- tries to rebuild the business-I hope they're successful- you have great products- end of story"

ECS

"this was a credible business man in our hobby who is now viewed as a self rightous-cry baby-bully- with no rerspect-to our hobby-and future business-close your shop now-you're peers are wondering if you lost it-probably end up written about in a magazine-had lots of great potential- but ruined it-argumentative business owner-who could go out of business-somebody else takes over- tries to rebuild the business-I hope they're successful- you have great products- end of story"

Close but not completely accurate.  The "hobby" part of the business is a VERY small part of what we do.  If it is gone tomorrow......big deal!  Like one guy said earlier....it's not a popularity contest.  I don't prostitute who I am, what I think or how I feel based on who will buy something from us.  You don't like me....don't patron our business.  You want the best products available for your cars.....we manufacture them and provide service second to none.  

TUFCAT

Quote from: ECS on March 16, 2013, 11:02:56 PM

Close but not completely accurate.  The "hobby" part of the business is a VERY small part of what we do.  If it is gone tomorrow......big deal!  Like one guy said earlier....it's not a popularity contest.  I don't prostitute who I am, what I think or how I feel based on who will buy something from us.  You don't like me....don't patron our business.  You want the best products available for your cars.....we manufacture them and provide service second to none.  
:popcrn:

706pkvert

no...here's the real synopsis...

jealous baby gets pissed that another car beats his OE scores and comes too close to his record. He's the best so how could this be possible. baby drags car builder through the mud with the judges, other hobbiests etc. baby demands proof and pictures from the car builder so that he can critique them and justify to himself that he's still #1 and the judges have scammed him. Car builder won't play ball. Baby puts him on th s*it list and spends the next year trashing him,the car and the OE judging program on the internet. Car builder happens to be restoring a car for another of the baby's sworn enemys so the madness continues when that car makes its debut. Now he can fight two battles with one keyboard. Car builder who's done nothing wrong comes online from time to time to defend his name, his business and debunk the massive and colossal lies the baby has puked all over the internet. end of story.

ECS

Another genius synopsis coming from THE pathological liar of the Industry.  Of course I'm "jealous" of you Mike!  I have the highest scoring car in the History of the OE Program and I am "jealous" of your LOSING entries that followed.  That makes perfect sense!  If I recall, I even told you that I would help you any way I could to beat my record.  (Sorry you just didn't have the ability.  I tried to help you!)  Or could the real scenario be that you and your pathological lying crony have no way around trying to justify the lies both of you have perpetually told? Would you care to elaborate on the manner in which you "repaired" the fender tag shown below?  According to your magazine commentary, ALL the components on this restoration was original.  So this MUST mean that you had to have repaired the fender tag.....right?  Please tell us how you did it Mr. Honest restoration professional?

706pkvert

ECS

Quote from: 706pkvert on March 17, 2013, 04:31:56 PM
LOL

Translated:  BUSTED AGAIN!

If your "jealousy" theory is true then I guess Gene Lewis should be worried that I will be attacking him....right?  You realize that HIS Daytona now holds the second highest score in the history of the OE Nationals.  Just like I did with you, I told Gene & Paul that I would do ANYTHING I could to help them beat our OE score.  Unlike you however, neither one came out after the event with lies about my products or assistance.  I NEVER cared about having the highest OE score.  My projects were nothing more than a springboard to engineer & develop new products for the Restoration Industry.  You know....the products that you have been buying for years trying to make your restorations better!  Which brings me back to the question Mr. Honest Restoration Shop Owner.  Why did you say this white car had no rust and how did you repair the Fender Tag?

706pkvert

Considering you are quoting magazine articles and not my actual words, why is the question being directed towards me?

Tony's Daytona had rust through on the rear floor pans only, which were repaired with a clean floor section removed from another charger. This has been stated over and over again.

The fender tag was repaired with a tig welder, JB Weld, Re-inforced fiberglass filler and fill primer. Now you know.

resq302

Quote from: 706pkvert on March 17, 2013, 06:00:23 PM
Considering you are quoting magazine articles and not my actual words, why is the question being directed towards me?

Tony's Daytona had rust through on the rear floor pans only, which were repaired with a clean floor section removed from another charger. This has been stated over and over again.

The fender tag was repaired with a tig welder, JB Weld, Re-inforced fiberglass filler and fill primer. Now you know.

I guess that area where the battery tray would have been must be a flash or something since it looks like daylight coming through.  Specifically the area just above and to the right of the power steering fluid cap.  Also, looks like the trans hump has some nice holes in it too.  Is that considered part of the floor pan?

Also, if the fender tag was made to look new, how many hours were put into sanding around the letters and numbers as get all of the pitting hidden?  How also did you build back up there letter just to the left of the "11" under the screw hole?  Im sure it would have been a lot easier just getting a repro tag made up.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ECS

You pathological liars just keep the garbage going!  You expect ANY person in their right mind to believe your lie?  You had a fake one made and just like the Build Sheet you continue to lie and deflect.  ANYONE who took the time to do a "repair" of that nature would ABSOLUTELY document the ordeal with pictures throughout the entire process.  Especially a "professional body shop".....right?  Why not post just ONE picture with ANY step you did during your repair process.  Better yet, post a side by side of the rusted relic next to what is currently on the car.  I can't believe even you are dumb enough to expect anyone to believe your cock & bull story about repairing that rusted tag.  

ECS

So where did the magazine article get their information about what YOUR shop did to the car?  Did the tooth fairy provide the answers to their questions?  And where has it been stated "over and over" that the floors were replaced with ones from a "clean floor" section?  Could you please point out where that has been conveyed?  Now here is the question you might really want to think about before tomorrow rolls around.  Are you absolutely sure that the rear floor pans were the "ONLY" other place that had been rusted through or would you like to re-evaluate that comment before you are further exposed for the liar you are?

hemi68charger

What??? :scope:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

rainbow4jd

If someone is saying they "restored" that fender tag - that's OK by me.

I just think they are a NUT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pdpLAn8mh4

I don't even want someone like that looking at my car in consideration of purchasing it.    First, he's living in a dream world and second he's trying to make his dream world MY reality! 

It ain't happening!   Give me a nice deep pocket buyer at Barrett Jackson who will immediately cut the damn thing in half and turn it into a coffee table!  That's the kind of nut I can handle!

Here's the lesson of the day:   Don't argue with crazy people, it'll only drive you crazy, too!

ECS

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 17, 2013, 10:57:27 PM
What??? :scope:

This fender tag had a tig welder used to repair it Troy!  Everyone knows how thin and flimsy the tags are even when new and in pristine shape.  Can you imagine what the heat from a tig welder would do to metal that was as rotted as this thing was?  It would destroy any remaining area that was exposed to such a severe heat source. (As much as 6,100 degrees fahrenheit - see link below.)  But just for arguments sake, lets say that this liar actually did tig weld the tag.  What would be used to machine or sand the welded areas perfectly smooth on the front AND back side?  What about the rolled raised lip that runs along the top and bottom horizontal edges?  How long would it take to sand out every little pit that had almost eaten completely through the metal and not affect the correct shape of surrounding letters?  I hope you guys are starting to see the pattern taking place here.  One lie after another and NOW a story so far fetched that even Grimm couldn't write a Fairy Tale to rival his newest claim.  Is there ANYONE who understands the physics of severely rusted metal that believes this fender tag was restored to (undetectably) look new again?

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2007/AnthonyHo.shtml

472 R/T SE

My buddy, who bumps elbows with Galen finished a restoration on a '70 Charger R/T SE that had a warranty block in it.  By dropping the drivetrain ala K frame it was kinda neat seeing the block was still bare & what parts were painted orange.  The dealership performing the warranty work never repainted anything, just did the bare, minimum work.

Anyhoots, Tom said Galen told him that the dealerships were to stamp the VIN on the new warranty motors.   :shruggy:
I wonder how often we've seen this nowadays & hollered foul on the seller?