News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tony's Daytona discussion

Started by TONY, June 29, 2012, 11:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

resq302

Probably half, if not more than half of that stuff is already on our cars and I never knew it was made by ECS.   :2thumbs:  I should have known something was up when it fit right!   :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ECS

Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 20, 2013, 11:45:09 AM
I have a few E-Body resonators and have seen the B-Body mufflers.....Nice work DW  :2thumbs:

Thank you very much!! :2thumbs:   Also notice that we manufacture the springs that wrap around Drum Brake wheels.  When we were on speaking terms, I tried to tell/teach Mike Mancini not leave a SINGLE rust pit or ANY sign of damage on a vehicle's components during a restoration.  It's obvious he didn't listen.  If Tony would like to have the rust damaged springs replaced on his Daytona wheels, I will send him a set free of charge.  We had them reproduced EXACTLY like the originals during my 70 Challenger project.  I would also be willing to tell Mike how to inconspicuously remove rust pits from the edges and surface of the Brake Drums.  I wonder if any of the OE Judges from the Nationals even noticed those rust pitted springs or brake drums?  :scratchchin:

Tony's Daytona Wheel

Wheel Spring pictured on table
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

JB400

I'm glad to see this thread made a reverse 180 at full speed :drive: :drive: :2thumbs:  How about some more pix of what's on the agenda? :popcrn:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ill join in on the derailment....

Dave, I wish you would make this bracket  ('69 AC-only suction hose bracket)

I had to make my own....  :rotz:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,67069.0.html

Top one I made in the pic...

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ECS

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 20, 2013, 03:55:03 PM
Ill join in on the derailment....

Dave, I wish you would make this bracket  ('69 AC-only suction hose bracket)

I had to make my own....  :rotz:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,67069.0.html

Top one I made in the pic...

I'll check to see if we have an original unit to format from and we'll get it done!  Thanks.  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Somebody (not ECS) is selling a blank broadcast sheet on ebay.  :nono:  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-BUILD-SHEET-BROADCAST-BLANK-COPY-CUDA-HEMI-GTX-CHARGER-CHALLENGER-CORONET-/160988059111?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item257ba2d5e7&vxp=mtr

ebay description

IT IS A COPY FROM A BLANK 100% FACTORY OEM  BUILD SHEET I HAD.  IT IS FOR ALL MOPAR FROM CHRYSLER CORPORATION YEAR F SERIES 1970  REVISION 6/69
YOU WILL NOT SEE THE WORD  ( COPY ) ON IT I DID PUT IT JUSTY TO LET YOU KNOW AT FIRST WHEN YOU SEE IT, I DID TAKE THE SHEET AND BROUGHT IT TO A COPY SHOP THE QUALITY OF THE COPY IS REALLY GOOD AND CLOSE TO THE FACTORY SHEET

Aero426

Of course, that build sheet being offered as a 1970 sheet is not going to fool anyone.     People have been offering various blank build sheets for years.     Even if the form is right, having the equipment and expertise to finish it off is another matter.    That one wouldn't worry me.     

Aero426

New Twitter Hashtag:   #ThingsDaveWaldenNeverSaid      :yesnod:

ECS

Quote from: Aero426 on March 20, 2013, 11:39:56 PM
New Twitter Hashtag:   #ThingsDaveWaldenSaid      :yesnod:

Tony's Daytona is a Beautiful Car!  I Love the color combination and Mike did do a very, very nice restoration on the vehicle.   :yesnod:  

Aero426

Where is the group hug emoticon?   :cheers:

Dave, I am off to the gym in the morning for my cardiac rehab.  I am up to a whole 20 lbs on my triceps.   

TUFCAT

Aero426

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 20, 2013, 11:52:56 PM
I'm putting it here  :grouphug:

I am crying so much now that I have to go to bed.  

ECS

Quote from: Aero426 on March 20, 2013, 11:49:37 PM
Dave, I am off to the gym in the morning for my cardiac rehab.  I am up to a whole 20 lbs on my triceps.

It doesn't matter what you use as long as you're still moving forward and staying busy.  Keep up the great work!  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

Aero426

Quote from: ECS on March 21, 2013, 12:49:57 AM
Quote from: Aero426 on March 20, 2013, 11:49:37 PM

It doesn't matter what you use as long as you're still moving forward and staying busy.  Keep up the great work!  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

Thank you.  Exercise is a struggle for me as I can always think of more fun things to do.   But I feel guilty when I do not go.     As John Pinette, the comedian says, "I can give up this gym stuff any time I want".    I pretty much have to do it if I want to stick around for a while. 

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on March 21, 2013, 08:32:31 AM
...   I pretty much have to do it if I want to stick around for a while. 

We want you too to stick around...  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Mytur Binsdirti

Exercise is a struggle for me as I can always think of more fun things to do.    

I hear ya. My six pack abs have long turned into a keg.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 21, 2013, 08:56:03 AM
...   I pretty much have to do it if I want to stick around for a while. 

We want you too to stick around...  :2thumbs:
Translation - Until we can figure out how to get all that knowledge out of that noggin' of yours... :D

Just kidding  :icon_smile_big:

thehemikid

Where can I get one of these brackets? I looked on your site & didn't find it.

Mine either wasn't in the fuel line kit,...or I ate it somehow.

ECS

Quote from: thehemikid on March 21, 2013, 02:28:49 PM
     Where can I get one of these brackets? I looked on your site & didn't find it.

Mine either wasn't in the fuel line kit,...or I ate it somehow.

I apologize that none of the parts pictured have made it to our website yet.  If you give us a call, we can give you pricing for any of the components that are pictured.  (Just reference the part you have called out in the photo.)  We do have everything in stock and should have the information listed on the site shortly.  Thanks!

rainbow4jd

After reading this thread - I want to propose some rules.   

1.  Everyone who agrees with me is right, all others are wrong.
2.  If you don't have a complete original build sheet, then your car doesn't exist.   Nope, it doesn't exist - and if it does - it's totally fake.
3.  Use of any non-OEM parts in your restoration, including sheetmetal, screws, bolts, tire air, headlight fluid, etc. etc. automatically turns your car into a VW Thing, and a clone Thing at that.  (Bet your using that old Cadillac 4-6-8 diesel engine in your clone aren't you?  We have ways of knowing!)
4.  Cars are not worth what people actually pay for them, they are worth what people want to be paid for them.
5.  If you weren't conceived in the back seat of a New Yorker, you are not allowed to buy and own a Mopar now.  You are not a "true" MOpar collector, you are an alien.
6.  Because somebody might do something in the future, no one is allowed to do anything now.  It will screw up the whole time-continuum and Doc Brown will never get back to 1988.
7.  My car will always be better than your car - no matter what - because I am right.    (See point #1)
8.  Since I am right you have to do what I want you to do.  That's what being right allows me to do.  You are in my power - you must comply!
9.  Anybody that violates the sacred laws of Mopar Collecting, laws that Moses brought down from the mountain on the third tablet, that accidentally slipped out of his hand, but not before someone saw them and made a copy, and recreates something that I don't want them to..... must die!
10.Since the nature of man is inherently evil, then the only way to prevent a man from doing evil, is to kill him before he commits evil. 

If you follow these ten rules, the world will be a better place and the integrity of the hobby will be protected.   
BECAUSE I SAID SO!  (See rule #1)

TUFCAT

Quote from: rainbow4jd on March 21, 2013, 09:25:12 PM
After reading this thread - I want to propose some rules.  

1.  Everyone who agrees with me is right, all others are wrong.
2.  If you don't have a complete original build sheet, then your car doesn't exist.   Nope, it doesn't exist - and if it does - it's totally fake.
3.  Use of any non-OEM parts in your restoration, including sheetmetal, screws, bolts, tire air, headlight fluid, etc. etc. automatically turns your car into a VW Thing, and a clone Thing at that.  (Bet your using that old Cadillac 4-6-8 diesel engine in your clone aren't you?  We have ways of knowing!)
4.  Cars are not worth what people actually pay for them, they are worth what people want to be paid for them.
5.  If you weren't conceived in the back seat of a New Yorker, you are not allowed to buy and own a Mopar now.  You are not a "true" MOpar collector, you are an alien.
6.  Because somebody might do something in the future, no one is allowed to do anything now.  It will screw up the whole time-continuum and Doc Brown will never get back to 1988.
7.  My car will always be better than your car - no matter what - because I am right.    (See point #1)
8.  Since I am right you have to do what I want you to do.  That's what being right allows me to do.  You are in my power - you must comply!
9.  Anybody that violates the sacred laws of Mopar Collecting, laws that Moses brought down from the mountain on the third tablet, that accidentally slipped out of his hand, but not before someone saw them and made a copy, and recreates something that I don't want them to..... must die!
10.Since the nature of man is inherently evil, then the only way to prevent a man from doing evil, is to kill him before he commits evil.  

If you follow these ten rules, the world will be a better place and the integrity of the hobby will be protected.  
BECAUSE I SAID SO!  (See rule #1)

I think I love you man.  :bow: :bow:  You're one clever mofo! I especially like the "screw up the whole time-continuum and Doc Brown will never get back to 1988", and "if you weren't conceived in the back seat of a New Yorker you are not allowed to own a Mopar now"!

That's some funny chit!  :rofl:

rainbow4jd

Glad you liked it.

Some folks just take themselves FARRRRR too seriously.

ECS

Quote from: rainbow4jd on March 21, 2013, 09:25:12 PM
Doc Brown will never get back to 1988.

Not to be a stickler for details but I believe it was 1985 he was trying to get back to.  :lol:  He needed to hit 88 mph (using 1.21 gigawatts of power) in the DeLorean to start his time travel.  Great Movie!  :2thumbs:

hemikev

Well , ive just spent some time reading all the posts in this subject,,  I really didnt know which way to lean untill he said how he fixed the tag ,,  yikes  ..I dont know ecs nor have ever talked to him,   i have to take his side on the tag thing ,  as for the car itself ,  somebody told the magazine guy the story on the car and thats what they wrote ,  differs from the pics posted here for sure ..
Amazing car either way , would be proud to own it .   I do however agree that without proper b sheet repro shouldnt be made without original to go by ,  and yes ecs should disclose on there site of sheets they ve made for diff cars , wouldnt be that hard really ..

You guys all own bad ass cars ,   ecs   keep doin what you do ,  future finds could use your services for sure .   

keep kickin ass guys