News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tony's Daytona discussion

Started by TONY, June 29, 2012, 11:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECS

Quote from: 706pkvert on October 17, 2012, 08:17:59 PM
Quote from: ECS on Today at 03:50:07 PM
For the record, this is the second reproduction build sheet that this restoration shop has tried to pass off as "original."
This statement is totally untrue. Period. I've already debated this.

Okay Mike.......would you like for me to post your material as it relates to this subject matter?  I guarantee you are poking a topic you don't want to rustle.  I clearly remember YOUR story.  The original owner had it but then lost it during the time you wanted me to make one, so you couldn't provide me with the original to format from.  After you restored the car the original owner re-found the build sheet and then sold it with the car.  The car was later offered for sale on eBay with MY reproduction build sheet pictured and described as the "original".  I can't figure out how you guys always have the originals but are never able to provide them as the format for what you want me to make.  The NEXT time you try to cover your garbage trail and tell me that my comments are "untrue", I will post your email request and the hand written, whited out box copy you sent, that was just like Tony's!  :2thumbs:
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

moparstuart

maybe your repo build sheet should have a water mark or some other way to ensure no fraud  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ECS

Quote from: moparstuart on October 17, 2012, 08:51:14 PM
maybe your repo build sheet should have a water mark or some other way to ensure no fraud  :Twocents:

Your way of thinking & comment is the most intellectual remark made here thus far.  Actually, I should have never made them but I really thought I was working amongst honest "Friends".  I now realize some people simply wanted to use me or my services for their own agendas.  They were never "true" Friends or sincere acquaintances.  I had no idea that their quest for "gold" would cause such betrayal, lies and backbiting down the road.  

Most of these reproductions were done prior to 2010 and they are now stored away in a remote room somewhere in our new facility.  I don't know which room Charlie moved them to and I have no intention on EVER making one for anyone that is not either my BEST-EST Friend or a Family member. :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: ECS on October 17, 2012, 09:35:32 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 17, 2012, 08:51:14 PM
maybe your repo build sheet should have a water mark or some other way to ensure no fraud  :Twocents:

Your way of thinking & comment is the most intellectual remark made here thus far.  Actually, I should have never made them but I really thought I was working amongst honest "Friends".  I now realize some people simply wanted to use me or my services for their own agendas.  They were never "true" Friends or sincere acquaintances.  I had no idea that their quest for "gold" would cause such betrayal, lies and backbiting down the road.  

Most of these reproductions were done prior to 2010 and they are now stored away in a remote room somewhere in our new facility.  I don't know which room Charlie moved them to and I have no intention on EVER making one for anyone that is not either my BEST-EST Friend or a Family member. :2thumbs:
sounds like a lesson learned , except maybe never make them or for sure ghost/watermark reproduction into them

A383Wing

I think we need to invite Dr Phil to settle this

Bryan

Aero426

Quote from: ECS on October 17, 2012, 09:35:32 PM
I have no intention on EVER making one for anyone that is not either my BEST-EST Friend or a Family member. :2thumbs:

The problem is not your best friend or family member.   It is what can happen two or three owners down the road.    As you said, you have no control once it leaves your hands.   

hemigeno

OK, I've tried to sort through the other thread and extract the replies which did not primarily relate to the re-conversion of wing cars at a dealership.  My apologies in advance, as I'm sure I have not done so to the satisfaction of everyone involved.  It ain't an easy task.  This thread was intended to contain discussion related specifically to 390018, except for the discussion related to anything that happened at St. Ann Dodge.

Oh, and to head off receiving another nastygram/threatening email from Tony, I am NOT to blame for posting the floorpan photos despite your best efforts to accuse me of such.   ::)

pettybird

Quote from: held1823 on October 17, 2012, 08:02:53 PM
you continually claim we "protect our own". search my old posts, and grasp the scorn, both dished out and received back, involving me and my "narrow minded" views regarding cloned vehicles.

Truth.  I've met him, and he's an asshole.

pettybird

nascarxx29

My buildsheet seat spring over it where it says special order

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

held1823

Quote from: pettybird on October 18, 2012, 10:48:13 AM
you continually claim we "protect our own". search my old posts, and grasp the scorn, both dished out and received back, involving me and my "narrow minded" views regarding cloned vehicles.

Truth.  I've met him, and he's an asshole.

indeed he has, and that was the first statement out of his mouth.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on October 18, 2012, 01:46:26 PM

yeah i've met you both   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :nana: :nana: :nana:

held1823

Quote from: moparstuart on October 18, 2012, 01:54:40 PM

yeah i've met you both   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :nana: :nana: :nana:

true, but you didn't greet me with a "so you're the asshole"...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on October 18, 2012, 01:58:52 PM

no i'm not as blunt and forward as him   :icon_smile_big:  you were very pleasant in person

pettybird

no, I said the 'other' asshole...

how many assholes we got on this ship, anyhow?

held1823

Quote from: pettybird on October 18, 2012, 02:24:49 PM

yeah i've met you both   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :nana: :nana: :nana:

i left the word "other" out, to avoid throwing you under the bus.

now, thanks to this exchange of pleasantries, gene will have to clean out this thread, too. i hope you two are happy.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on October 18, 2012, 02:31:50 PM

yeah i've met you both   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :nana: :nana: :nana:

now, thanks to this exchange of pleasantries, gene will have to clean out this thread, too. i hope you two are happy.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:    :nana:

JB400

Self censorship?  Works for me and Fred.

djcarguy

:cheers: : wow hot daisy,,,,,,,then after a few seconds,, ya remember,,now she is big enough to make 4-6 old daisy 'es :D :smilielol: :smilielol: :eek2: :slap: :slap: :icon_smile_tongue:

Ghoste

She's on tv hawking some diet plan though so she must be thin again.  Of course they are only showing her from the shoulders up...

pettybird

Quote from: held1823 on October 18, 2012, 02:31:50 PM

Train wrecks are my specialty.

ECS

Quote from: richRTSE on October 17, 2012, 07:42:44 PM
:scratchchin: looks like it could be.....

So what's the verdict?  Is it or isn't it?  The MCG article said:  "Tony drove over to Jack's home and inspected the car.  As he looked around, he saw minor damage on the driver's side from the accident, but overall, the car was in good shape.  As he poked around, he found no rust whatsoever."

TONY

yes, those are pics of my rear floor pan, there was rot in those rear floor pan areas that were repaired with original floor pan pieces, id much rather patch those areas then replace outer body panels

i had told mcg there wasnt any body rot

when i looked at the car, parts of the  carpet was there, and those areas werent through holes yet

after i got the car home and removed the carpet, cleaned the floor then poked and pushed through on any thin areas and got rid of any of the soft metal, thats what it looked like

i took those pics that are posted

gene, im not accusing you of those pics, and i was just expressing the same concerns as to untruthful claims being made about my car as you were concerned about negativity against your car. im sorry you took them so negatively, they werent meant that way

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on October 18, 2012, 03:33:52 PM
Train wrecks are my specialty.

No kidding..  :smilielol:

Basic principles in life......... Be honest and don't pass anything off as original if it isn't. If it's a reproduction, just say so and move on. ( I know, easier said than done ).

Of course, this wasn't directed at any one person or group......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TONY

from the below book on page 89

also stated on page 95 by special vehicle group's George Wallace "Plymouth found out there were about 500 people willing to buy these things and they had all already bought the Dodges!"