News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tony's Daytona discussion

Started by TONY, June 29, 2012, 11:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

The original owner of Jim B's custom painted Daytona told me that he had to travel about 30 miles to buy the car.   No color choice; he just took what was available.    He knew it was a one shot deal.   He lives in a well populated area of Washington state.      One story does not apply to all.   But in general, Daytonas did not hang around for very long.   

ECS

Quote from: TONY on October 18, 2012, 07:11:25 PM

yes, those are pics of my rear floor pan, there was rot in those rear floor pan areas that were repaired with original floor pan pieces, id much rather patch those areas then replace outer body panels i had told mcg there wasnt any body rot

According to the quote above, the floors are classified as something different than the "body" of a car.  What about the Doors?  Are they considered part of the "Body" of a vehicle?   Below are some magazine quotes to help refresh everyone's memory about what was said about the vehicle:

TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: pettybird on October 18, 2012, 02:24:49 PM

how many assholes we got on this ship, anyhow?

Please refer to me as Your Assholiness.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 12, 2013, 06:52:47 AM
Quote from: pettybird on October 18, 2012, 02:24:49 PM

how many assholes we got on this ship, anyhow?

Please refer to me as Your Assholiness.

:smilielol:   That's what I need to have either my wife refer to me as or some of the residents in the subdivision I've sent letters too that don't like me ( I'm that dang Board President of the Community HOA - hey !!!  They need to clean their shite up, mow and edge on occasion )..... I don't care what they think, the majority got my back.........  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dr V

I just read this thread and boy am I out of the loop.... IM LOST!!!   EV
This Damn Car Thing Is Getting Expensive!

hemi68charger

Quote from: Dr V on March 12, 2013, 08:17:37 AM

Just go into your garage and sit in your Winged Car........ Take a deep breath, look at the fender scoops and the wing in the rearview mirror. Life is good......

On a side note; I think it has something to do on the condition of a particular Daytona...
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Dr V

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 12, 2013, 08:31:35 AM

Just go into your garage and sit in your Winged Car........ Take a deep breath, look at the fender scoops and the wing in the rearview mirror. Life is good......

On a side note; I think it has something to do on the condition of a particular Daytona...

I love doing that sometimes.   I hope im not the only weird one... ;)   

hemi68charger

Quote from: Dr V on March 12, 2013, 08:40:32 AM

Ah, heck no..... I have a nice flat screen TV in my garage and on occasion, sitting in the 500 or Daytona I'll watch the Sunday's NASCAR race...  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

billssuperbird

I sit in mine and turn the 8 track on it takes me back to 1970  :cheers: :drool5: :2thumbs:

FJ5WING

well since this thread has nothing to do with its origins anymore Ill add that I havent sat in my Superbird in 5 years and havent driven it in like ten. It has begun to turn back into a lovely shade of Limelight Green though! The shop has the cabin,trunk, deck lid, fenders, and hood smeared with a nice beautiful Green sheen and the belly has been gray dipped to approved results.

As soon as she green for keeps Ill update my resto thread.
wingless now, but still around.

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 12, 2013, 08:49:09 AM

Ah, heck no..... I have a nice flat screen TV in my garage and on occasion, sitting in the 500 or Daytona I'll watch the Sunday's NASCAR race...  :icon_smile_big:

:2thumbs:

I wouldn't even need a flat screen or race......to spend a large part of a Sunday afternoon sitting in a Daytona.....[or a 500.....or a Challenger.....or a......]

thehemikid

Does that put a little extra ware on the front tires. :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: thehemikid on March 12, 2013, 11:39:03 AM

only when he turns the wheel back and forth and make VROOM VROOM noises .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70Sbird

There's a half hour of your life you'll never get back!
::)

Scott Faulkner

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on March 12, 2013, 11:47:09 AM
Quote from: thehemikid on March 12, 2013, 11:39:03 AM

only when he turns the wheel back and forth and make VROOM VROOM noises .

you begged me...  :smilielol:
Troy

Captain D

In addition to ECS, I too was curious to ask about the doors. The first thing that jumped out to me in this thread was to ask about the doors. So, with that being said, would you consider the doors part of the body?

Thank you for your time,
Aaron

Daytona Guy

Do you have a radio transmitter for the TV to get the sound on your car radio? LOL

Dane

hemi68charger

Quote from: Captain D on March 12, 2013, 03:47:00 PM
In addition to ECS, I too was curious to ask about the doors. The first thing that jumped out to me in this thread was to ask about the doors. So, with that being said, would you consider the doors part of the body?

Thank you for your time,
Aaron

When you're referring to the shape of a vehicle in general terms, I would say yes, regardless if it is bolt-on or not, you still have to deal with replacement albeit it is easily replaced....
Troy

ECS

Quote from: Captain D on March 12, 2013, 03:47:00 PM

Thank you for your time,
Aaron

It is a sad, sad situation concerning the fallout that many here do not realize has taken place.  Ironically, this thread was started as a "congratulations" thread but the person who started it has complete knowledge of the backstabbing that has taken place by his crony and sidekick.  Since Gene and John's Daytona has been targeted by this dishonest  "click" concerning the facts, I have no problem disclosing the truth.  I think everyone that witnessed the fake Broadcast Sheet ordeal, the Fake Fender Tag scenario and the claims of a "rust free" vehicle, know exactly what I am referring to.  If they continue to spread lies about GREAT Guys like Gene Lewis, John, Paul, etc..... I have no problem exposing their shenanigans.  

Mr. Honesty claimed that he didn't consider the floor pans to be part of the body of his vehicle AFTER the truth was exposed.  Prior to those facts coming out, he and his restoration buddy claimed that the vehicle was completely "rust free".  I think everyone knows that claim was nothing but an absolute falsehood.  After reading his crooked editors attempt to provide additional damage control in a recent article, I thought that those lies should be exposed.  The doors were ALSO rusted out with holes in the metal.  I'm shocked that the restoration shop who did the work on the car continues to deny it having rust because admitting to the repairs would actually be an admirable testimonial to their abilities.  

Gene Lewis won the Best of Show which automatically made his Daytona the standout vehicle at the 2012 Mopar Nationals.  It also earned the second highest OE score in the history of the event.  These shysters are not going to re-write history because they didn't achieve their manipulated goals.  If anyone doubts the holes in the doors, I will be happy to post the pictures of them!
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

hemi68charger

Quote from: ECS on March 12, 2013, 11:21:49 PM
...Gene Lewis won the Best of Show which automatically made his Daytona the standout vehicle at the 2012 Mopar Nationals.  It also earned the second highest OE score in the history of the event. ...

Wow !!!!  Didn't know Geno did that !!!  He's such a humble gent..................

Dave, you're still a stand-up guy to me............  :2thumbs: My daughter likes you too... She's into stickers bigtime...... Oh wait,,,, you make "decals"........ :)

Just bustin' your chops............   :icon_smile_big:
Troy

Mytur Binsdirti

I don't know; at this point in my life, receiving a cheesy $20.00 plastic trophy for recognition of my hard work & tons of dough spent on a car that's too nice to drive really doesn't seem worth it to me.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 13, 2013, 06:34:29 AM
I don't know; at this point in my life, receiving a cheesy $20.00 plastic trophy for recognition of my hard work & tons of dough spent on a car that's too nice to drive really doesn't seem worth it to me.

For some, it's the challenge of doing it, it's a major goal... I love doing the OEM-correct route on occasion. But, like you Mark, the trophy is nothing.. Over the last 35 years I've probably lost more trophies to the attic gremlins than some who live for "the trophy". Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be recognized by your peers, but one shouldn't head to the show with the anticipation of getting something. I have this conversation many times with the newbies into the hobby, some get discouraged rather quickly... I like the  :o I get on occassion...  :2thumbs:  <<< something you'll be getting a lot of once that '68 hits the road.....
Troy

Dr V

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 13, 2013, 07:01:59 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 13, 2013, 06:34:29 AM

For some, it's the challenge of doing it, it's a major goal... I love doing the OEM-correct route on occasion. But, like you Mark, the trophy is nothing.. Over the last 35 years I've probably lost more trophies to the attic gremlins than some who live for "the trophy". Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be recognized by your peers, but one shouldn't head to the show with the anticipation of getting something. I have this conversation many times with the newbies into the hobby, some get discouraged rather quickly... I like the  :o I get on occassion...  :2thumbs:  <<< something you'll be getting a lot of once that '68 hits the road.....

I totally agree Troy..  The hard work  and the compliments from people are enough for me.  The trophies do nothing for me at all.   For that matter, having to make stuff up about my cars to make a magazine article or story sound better is nuts!!   Just not my cup of tea, but to each his own i guess.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 On a positive note Dave, Im excited to get my glass this week for my A12 thats almost done.  Charlie said it turned out awesome!!! Its one of the last steps after I fire the motor next week.   Thanks a lot...  Eric

hemi68charger

Quote from: Dr V on March 13, 2013, 07:31:05 AM
I totally agree Troy..  The hard work  and the compliments from people are enough for me.  The trophies do nothing for me at all.   For that matter, having to make stuff up about my cars to make a magazine article or story sound better is nuts!!   Just not my cup of tea, but to each his own i guess.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 On a positive note Dave, Im excited to get my glass this week for my A12 thats almost done.  Charlie said it turned out awesome!!! Its one of the last steps after I fire the motor next week.   Thanks a lot...  Eric

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, A12 !!!??? you dog........  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

Dr V

I was looking for one before I bought my wingcar 2 years ago.   It became a reality last Thanksgiving.  You might even be fond of the color Troy.   EV2 4 speed with black tail stripe.   EV