News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a project 70, now the fun/pain begins

Started by toocheaptosmoke, June 29, 2012, 09:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

toocheaptosmoke

Quote from: BDF on April 07, 2017, 08:59:58 PM
YES, do the heads! It will run better if the eggs line up.  :2thumbs:
Just read a bunch of your thread/watched a couple of your videos. We seem to have similar attitudes.
People can't believe I go to the lumber yard & nurseries and haul stuff away in the Charger, but hey, the trunk holds a LOT and I'm careful.
Heaven forbid they see you go thru the gas station car-wash!  :o I just tell them it needs a paint job anyway.
I don't do the car wash thing any more though. It seems to traumatize the onlookers.  :shruggy:

Right on man!  I've had so much fun using this car as a regular car that it would be hard to go back.  At the gas station and the door swings open and hits the concrete pillar?  No worries, the paint already sucks and there's another a dent in the door from the previous owner.  :smilielol:  The perpetual answer to "When are you going to finish/paint it?" has been "maybe next year."  But honestly, not sure if I ever want to make it too nice to enjoy driving.

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on April 07, 2017, 09:55:55 PM
YES , more of this please  :popcrn:

Hopefully so, we were both ahead of the curve for these type of builds.  :lol:

BDF

Quote from: toocheaptosmoke on April 07, 2017, 11:33:09 PM
Quote from: BDF on April 07, 2017, 08:59:58 PM
YES, do the heads! It will run better if the eggs line up.  :2thumbs:
Just read a bunch of your thread/watched a couple of your videos. We seem to have similar attitudes.
People can't believe I go to the lumber yard & nurseries and haul stuff away in the Charger, but hey, the trunk holds a LOT and I'm careful.
Heaven forbid they see you go thru the gas station car-wash!  :o I just tell them it needs a paint job anyway.
I don't do the car wash thing any more though. It seems to traumatize the onlookers.  :shruggy:

Right on man!  I've had so much fun using this car as a regular car that it would be hard to go back.  At the gas station and the door swings open and hits the concrete pillar?  No worries, the paint already sucks and there's another a dent in the door from the previous owner.  :smilielol:  The perpetual answer to "When are you going to finish/paint it?" has been "maybe next year."  But honestly, not sure if I ever want to make it too nice to enjoy driving.

What I mean is I USE it, not ABUSE it...bonking the doors into things still bothers me!
:cheers:
I am getting some dings touched-up vs $$$$$ paint job so I can still enjoy driving it though. Last summer some yokel passed me to prove he could tail gate the car I was following and flung a bunch of gravel which removed a nice chunk of paint off my front fender.
Which reminds me that "Tourist Season" is almost here. :eek2:
PS: Snowblind was favorite song of Vol 4 :musik010:

Baldwinvette77

weren't you supposed to be doing something  :poke:   :lol:

BDF

Maybe it's still at the more pain than fun phase... :shruggy:

:popcrn:

toocheaptosmoke

Procrastination is doing something...  :icon_smile_big:    I've not had much luck finding a decent single plane intake, ones for the magnum style heads are rare as hens teeth, and the LA style are still $350 new.  Then I need to either egg out the holes on the intake, or drill and tap the heads.  :-\

Speaking of sabbath, found this the other day on pandora.  :METAL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V11i5NaGJW0