News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ed George has passed way , funeral info posted now

Started by moparstuart, July 06, 2012, 02:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dave Kanofsky

I am shocked and saddened by Ed's passing, he was truly such a gentle and kind person.

May the peace of the Lord comfort Sue, and all of Ed's family and friends in this time of great loss.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

moparstuart

just got this note from sue about the services

Thanks to you all for your compassion and support. It's been a great comfort to me to have you all as friends during this time. I didn't really want to send this in a group-email; I would rather talk to you each personally but I am overwhelmed with everything I have left to do and trying to visit my dad every day who is still in the hospital. I was completely unprepared to lose my life partner so unexpectedly and it's been a real struggle to carry on the last two days. Ed's funeral service will take place at the Central Christian Church, 803 Greene Street, Boone, IA on Thursday, July 12. Visitation will be from 11 am until 1:00 pm when the service will begin. Afterwards there will be a luncheon served at the church.

Sue
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopar John

Another long time Aero car guy gone! It is sad news for sure! RIP!

moparstuart

I just realized that I forgot to mention, please dress casually in club T-shirts and jeans, the way Ed knew you. No suits and ties. That  is what he wanted.
And feel free to drive your old Mopar if you want.

moparstuart

hemigeno

Some of the saddest news I've heard in a while, for sure.  I wish I could attend the funeral, as Ed was a tremendous asset to our hobby -- and Sue deserves our support during what has to be one of the toughest tasks for a person to endure on this earth.

:'( 

ACUDANUT

I am sorry, I don't think I met him. What were his toys ? Maybe that might ring a bell.

hemi68charger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 09, 2012, 04:59:29 PM
I am sorry, I don't think I met him. What were his toys ? Maybe that might ring a bell.

Sue and Ed had an V2 Daytona I believe with white interior and wing... Anyone, is that correct?

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

Sue and Ed had several wing cars over time.    I think she has at least one Superbird and the Daytona.

I just re-read Stuart's initial post, and that Ed may have had some re-occuring symptoms recently.     As some of you know, I am a cardiac patient, as was my late brother.  It runs in my family.  In fact, the last time I spoke to Ed in Branson, we talked about health stuff.     Anyway, I know it is sometimes easy to rationalize how you feel when you don't feel just right.  I have made some judgement calls myself.   But, I will tell you what they tell me.   If you don't feel right, go to the ER.     Do not mess around.   It is better to find out it is nothing, than the alternative.   If there is something wrong, they will find it pretty quick.    I am not suggesting to be gun shy, but if you find that you are short of breath or have chest pain, and it does not go away, please do not ignore it.  

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 09, 2012, 06:14:55 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 09, 2012, 04:59:29 PM

Sue and Ed had an V2 Daytona I believe with white interior and wing... Anyone, is that correct?

?
correct and her tor red bird she bought from kenny bracket way back around 79 ?? maybe.   The bird is a six pac and the daytona is a 440 . both 4 spd cars as she will only drive a 4sp. They are her cars .
she didnt even let Ed drive them :)   she also has a restored 70 challenger  4 speed  

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on July 09, 2012, 06:33:15 PM
Sue and Ed had several wing cars over time.    I think she has at least one Superbird and the Daytona.

I just re-read Stuart's initial post, and that Ed may have had some re-occuring symptoms recently.     As some of you know, I am a cardiac patient, as was my late brother.  It runs in my family.  In fact, the last time I spoke to Ed in Branson, we talked about health stuff.     Anyway, I know it is sometimes easy to rationalize how you feel when you don't feel just right.  I have made some judgement calls myself.   But, I will tell you what they tell me.   If you don't feel right, go to the ER.     Do not mess around.   It is better to find out it is nothing, than the alternative.   If there is something wrong, they will find it pretty quick.    I am not suggesting to be gun shy, but if you find that you are short of breath or have chest pain, and it does not go away, please do not ignore it.  
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  :yesnod: sage advice.  Im another cardiac patient .  Heart desease is very strong in my family also.

moparstuart

Very long and emotional day today , left home at 6am this morning and headed to iowa for Ed's funeral

Many many many people came out and a few brought there mopar muscle

roger wilsons rare 999 paint 70 gtx

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

surviver hemi cuda ,  cool rear 68 hemi charger

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5: :popcrn:  sue and her mom

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

moparstuart

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  check out the 68 hemi charger trailer hitch