News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my daytona clone project

Started by Nwcharger, July 13, 2012, 11:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

Actually you can make those 69 fenders work with little modification.... I did....
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Nwcharger

Quote from: Indygenerallee on August 08, 2012, 01:50:52 PM
Actually you can make those 69 fenders work with little modification.... I did....

i saw your project and how you where going to make you 69 fenders work. do you have any pictures of how they turned out?
1969 coronet wagon

Indygenerallee

I have made a little more progress they have turned out pretty nice though, you might as well mod your fenders they look pretty clean except the dent on the driver side. I personally would not put fiberglass fenders on with all that downforce I don't know how well they would hold up..  :Twocents:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Indygenerallee on August 08, 2012, 04:55:42 PM
I have made a little more progress they have turned out pretty nice though, you might as well mod your fenders they look pretty clean except the dent on the driver side. I personally would not put fiberglass fenders on with all that downforce I don't know how well they would hold up..  :Twocents:

I've got fiberglass fenders on my Daytona, molded into the nosecone as well, plenty of miles on them (40,000 miles) plenty of 140-150 MPH runs as well, no issue with stress cracks, fractures, etc, they've been on the car since it's inception in 2004

Mike

djcarguy

Gee that orange nose looks familuar, and it landed only a 100 miles from where i dreamed it would..hahaha     Good ta see more parts and progress,on your build.   that intake and trans would work good on a race daytona project, :Twocents:. great ta see and follow.will be going thru ya area in few weeks,hope ta see in person someday,or at woodburn dragstrip????hint maybe see when ya get other one home???  take care.dj oregon rules? :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs:

Indygenerallee

Mike, That's pretty cool I never knew that car had fiberglass fenders! Like I said I was unsure of how they would hold up being that nose adds a ton of downforce but I suppose if you have steel Z brackets they take most of the load weight.

Dave Kanofsky

I like the hood with the scoop!

I thought about making one like that for my car but couldn't justify the resources to make it happen.

Back when I had a SuperBird I also had a spare '70 SuperBee Ramcharger hood, I took a long look at it but with two hood scoops facing forward and two fender scoops facing backwards it just looked too cluttered IMO.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

moparstuart

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on August 09, 2012, 07:59:13 AM
I like the hood with the scoop!

I thought about making one like that for my car but couldn't justify the resources to make it happen.

Back when I had a SuperBird I also had a spare '70 SuperBee Ramcharger hood, I took a long look at it but with two hood scoops facing forward and two fender scoops facing backwards it just looked too cluttered IMO.
Im not a fan of the six pack scoop hood on anything except A-12's
Mine had a six pack scoop on it and that was the first thing i did away with , in favor of an air grabber 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Indygenerallee

I agree the six pack scoop does nothing for me on anything but a A-12 car.  :Twocents:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Indygenerallee on August 09, 2012, 07:53:35 AM
Mike, That's pretty cool I never knew that car had fiberglass fenders! Like I said I was unsure of how they would hold up being that nose adds a ton of downforce but I suppose if you have steel Z brackets they take most of the load weight.

The fiberglass fenders were a necessary evil, being that the glass nosecone needed to be molded in,...as fiberglass to steel usually doesn't hold up well when bonded, and i wasn't going to lay out the coin for a steel nose, esp when i make my own glass wingcar noses,...the internals are all steel however, I figured in the past if the glass cones can take the brunt of downforce without seeing any stress issues, fiberglass fenders should be able to withstand the test also,...the fenders are from WS Racing, real lightweight fenders, about 10 lbs each, not bad for the coin, about $150 each IIRC, needed a little work to correct the bodylines, but they were a bolt on design, and all the bracing was incorporated into the fenders, of course the lower front dogleg needed to be modified to accept the Daytona valance, just as you would do with a steel fender, except in this case, fiberglassed rather than welded mods

Mike

Ghoste

Also not a fan of the Six Pack scoop on things other than A12's but I like them better on anything over those Chevy cowl inductions.

Nwcharger

the wing came next. thanks dane... :cheers:
1969 coronet wagon

DC_1

Daytona Guy

You are welcome - looking good man!

Dane

Hemidog

Quote from: Daytona Guy on September 08, 2012, 02:14:12 AM
You are welcome - looking good man!

Dane

Looks very good!  :cheers:

But is that bare steel and bondo while the car sits outside?

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on August 13, 2012, 12:37:05 PM
Also not a fan of the Six Pack scoop on things other than A12's but I like them better on anything over those Chevy cowl inductions.
I second that.

Nwcharger

i know the hoods not the best but finding one seems difficult, besides the scoop its a rust free hood and was 100 bucks if i remember  :scratchchin:. the auto dealer that i work for sent me to los angeles for training so when surfing craigslist out there i found a pair of 70 fenders for sale north of bakersfield. so jumped into my crappy rental car and pick them up. then went to the grayhound station and shipped them to my house. by the time i got home i had a pair of fenders ready to be picked up at the grayhound station near my house. so now I'm able to mock my nose cone for the first time.
1969 coronet wagon

BigBlockSam

:cheers: i like the scoop . it makes it look more race, custom  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn:  wow super nice , great budget built gives up people with families and small budgets hope  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

200MPH

do you have a Video of the lights operating ? is that mechanical or vacuum? looks good !
Charger

Nwcharger

The headlight doors work on vacuum. I just had to add 12 inches of hose to the factory setup. The doors are made from aluminum and they work better than I thought they would. I'll see about getting a video up if possible.
1969 coronet wagon

Lighthorseman

Oh, that is SO COOL!!  I know you're not trying for the Joe Dirt look, but that is awesome.  :2thumbs:  Also, I really like the look of the drop-down headlight doors and the square lights.  I second 200MPH's request for video!   :popcrn:

Highbanked Hauler

Looking good, is the hood fiberglass or steel with a glass scoop ?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Nwcharger

heres a link to a video of my headlights in action. they seem to work pretty good i think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug7XKKGXBtI

the hood is metal with a glass scoop. i didnt put the scoop on but it will work for know. i also picked up a 1970 satellite locally for 800.00. heres a couple picks of it as well. it was last on the road in 77. i found a sales agreement from 76 in the glove box from a old car dealer in salem. it will make a great superbird clone to go with my daytona clone.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon