News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Lower Windshield Trim

Started by macca3441, July 16, 2012, 07:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macca3441

Quote from: squeakfinder on July 17, 2012, 08:29:39 AM

So do the 66 and 67 b body's have the screws?

My father's 67 doesn't have screws, just the "end clip"!!
He was the one who suggested mine was in-correct, and shouldn't have screws there!

Wade

macca3441

Here's a pic of mine.
Seems to be same as the others.

Wade

warpspeed

No, my fender tag is still rusty.  I am not cleaning it up for awhile yet.  Not ready to finish the car and install it on the fander yet.  But, manufacturing date is June 5.

Troy

Just to clarify... June is a late car - September is early. Cars for the next model year go into production around July.

The ones that appear to have it are August (so far). Now I have to go dig through all my 68 Charger pictures looking for tiny screws!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hmm....never seen this before... :scratchchin:

Great topic!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RIDELIKEHELL

Don't the early build cars use 67 clips & late use the 68 clips that you order? Reason I say is my car was an early build and we ordered the 68 clips and the trim wouldn't go on. In turn we had to order the 67 clips,take the windshield out  :RantExplode: then instal again. Then use the longer 67 clips to attach the lower windshield trim. Would the screws be used to hold the trim down due to this issue back in the day?
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

mopar2488

Mine was built in Sept of 67

70 sublime

Would this screw in the windshield trim be the same time the early 68 had the different mounting stand in the trunk for the tail lights and the early sliding ash tray in the dash ?

Did these things all change to the later regular way all at the same time ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

mopar2488

Quote from: 70 sublime on March 12, 2021, 09:34:21 AM
Would this screw in the windshield trim be the same time the early 68 had the different mounting stand in the trunk for the tail lights and the early sliding ash tray in the dash ?

Did these things all change to the later regular way all at the same time ??

Early Builds had
tri color door pad medallions
skeletal trunk lid structure
tail light brackets are different
headliner trim was only clipped on - no screws
small round horn pad
slide down ash tray
Chrome map pocket buttons

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/68-charger-production-differences.141108/

Roger 68 charger

Do anyone know who repopos the clips that wrap around the A Piller.?     
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

Mike DC

Both the location and the actual screws look pretty consistent.  I smell a factory fix.