News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 fender removal

Started by 66FBCharger, July 23, 2012, 11:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

Is it possible to remove a front fender without physically removing the front grille assembly on a '69 Charger?
Does anyone have any tips to aid in the replacement of the fenders on my Charger?
Also, are there any vendors that sell AMD fenders at the Mopar Nats, that will have the fenders at the show? I would like to look at the fenders and pick the one i want, as opposed to having to pay for shipping and return if there are dings or dents.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Indygenerallee

NO, you have to pull the grille/header panel out (I would anyway to keep the risk of breaking it down)
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

66FBCharger

That is what I figured, but thought it doesn't hurt to ask.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

kab69440

The fender itself will in fact come off with the grille and bumper still in place.  The problem areas are the two bolts on each side that hold the grille frame to the inside nose of the fender. IF you can get those out, and the rest of the attaching hardware has been removed:  Pull out at the bottom behind the front wheel, lift straight up, pull outward about 8 inches and then pull the whole fender rearward. It's a prick, but it can be done.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."