News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

seat belt bolts

Started by poppa, July 28, 2012, 10:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Who's got 'em?? Don't see them at Year one and Mega parts has them as out of stock??? By the way,anyone have a pic of what the shoulder belt one looks like (holds the one to the roof area). For 69 Charger. Thanks
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

36 Dodge Brothers

I think you can use the kit from PG Classic but you will need 2 extra C-12 bolts since this kit is for E-Body cars. As for the shoulder belts they uses the C-11 bolts.

http://www.pgclassic.com/product_info.php?products_id=505&osCsid=8b3c9d2ebe605d9d2dce1ac5f74bc768
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

ODZKing

Quote from: poppa on July 28, 2012, 10:27:08 AM
Who's got 'em?? Don't see them at Year one and Mega parts has them as out of stock??? By the way,anyone have a pic of what the shoulder belt one looks like (holds the one to the roof area). For 69 Charger. Thanks
How many do ya need?

poppa

I just need the shoulder belt/roof ones. I found my other ones.

ODZKing

Those I don't have.  Sorry   :shruggy:

VegasCharger

at 36 Dodge Brothers:

Okay maybe you help me out as well. I have extra C-11 bolts from previous mopars. But I need to know what the whole layout is of all seat belt bolts. I have a '68 Charger and it came with only the rear seat belts intact. The fronts were after markets - yuk! Anyway I know for a fact that the rears require two C-12's and two C-11's. The kit that you posted a link to shows (8) C-11's and (2) C-12's then you say add two C-12's to poppa's question. And I know two other C-11's are for the headliner anchors. So where do the other 4 C-11's go and where do the other 2 C-12's go? I have a console so no buddy seat belts.

Also I have other bolts with stampings of C-10, C-14 & C-15. The C-14's have X's stamped on them also.

to poppa

I may have extra C-11 bolts once I get this figured out. I'm going to try to attach a pic of the C-11 bolt here.

Thanks

VegasCharger

Should've read..................The kit that you posted a link to shows 8 C-11's

Also the C-11 bolt measures 1.5" total length. Hard to tell by pic.

36 Dodge Brothers

VegasCharger,

Sorry for the confusion. I have pictures that I can post when i get home and I will also verify the bolt markings. I know for a fact that you need 6 of the shorter bolts (C-11?) and 4 of the longer bolts (C-12?). Your interior is identical to mine so in the back the two short bolts go in the corners by the wheel wells and the two long bolts go in the middle with spacers. Front belts, two short bolts go by the doors and two long ones go by the driveshaft tunnel and the last two short ones go on your shoulder belts. But like I mentioned if you can wait until this evening I will take a closer look at the bolt marking and post pictures.

Regards,
Marco
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

VegasCharger

Thanks Marco.

Will the picture show which belt eyelet goes on first that mounts to the drive shaft tunnel. I know of the rear belts that have two on the same bolt because they are still mounted originally from the factory on my car. If you need to know that part I can go look at my car and reference it to you.

Thanks again, Bryan

36 Dodge Brothers

Bryan,

Yes, I do have pics of the way the rear seat belts go.

Regards,
Marco
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

poppa

Now I checked my bolts and I have 4-c11 , 2-c12 , and 2-c10. Wuz up???????? Now I'm really confused (like that's hard to do).

36 Dodge Brothers

Bryan & Poppa,

I hope this helps you! No more confusion! :2thumbs:

Total of 10 bolts, 2 C-10, 4 C-11 & 4 C-12.

Front seat belts use the following,
2 C-10 Used  by the door.
2 C-12 Used by the drive shaft tunnel.
2 C-11 Used for the shoulder belts.

Rear seat belts use the following,
2 C-11 Used on the outer edge.
2 C-12 Used in the center with a spacer between the belts.

The following pictures should show where the belts belong.
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

poppa

b e a utiful. Thank you sir.

poppa

36 dodge, could you measure the outer rear belts for me. Yours look longer than what mine do. Thanks

36 Dodge Brothers

Quote from: poppa on August 04, 2012, 08:25:36 AM
36 dodge, could you measure the outer rear belts for me. Yours look longer than what mine do. Thanks

Poppa,

From end to end it looks like about 17 3/4".

Marco
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

poppa

Thank you Marco. Mine are shorter but ,not as much as I thought,16 3/4. Thanks again.

C500

Excellent thread, helped trying to sort the bolts for my '69  :2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."