News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Building a Superbird clone just got easier....

Started by hotrod98, June 09, 2006, 07:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Quote from: superbirdtom on November 19, 2009, 02:18:28 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on June 09, 2006, 12:50:34 PM
YES!!!

saw steel panther inhollywood last yea  i never laughed so  hard they are like a spinal tap show  halarious.  theyre made up of actual former metal guys that were from famous bands.

All they need now is a cool background musclecar. And a fog machine.  :musik010:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Lighthorseman

Just to bump this thread back up, does anyone have:

1.) An updated link to Don Currie's website?
2.) Any idea if he is still making these front clips?

I just picked up a 70 Satellite and the wheels are turning!

Thanks!
Steve

kerrhill

bump again.   Anyone know of a cheap fiberglass front end for a drag clone?

moparstuart

don's email address

umcandprops@yahoo.com

don is in canada and this is your best bet to get ahold of him , if you  dont wanna take that advise i guess you can keep asking the same question over and over

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

GOTWING

great now i can build that 4dr. Superbird tow vehicle i have had on my bucket list.. :D anyone have a clean 4dr 70 Satellite for sale? :scratchchin:

moparstuart

Quote from: GOTWING on August 30, 2012, 08:24:34 AM
great now i can build that 4dr. Superbird tow vehicle i have had on my bucket list.. :D anyone have a clean 4dr 70 Satellite for sale? :scratchchin:
really not a bad idea in that the 4dr back window looks alot closer to a superbird . leave off the vinyl top for a cleaner look . That being said no way i'm doing it  .....

GOTWING

We need that awesome phot shop guy to make one for us! Vit C 4dr. Superbird. :icon_smile_big:

Daytona R/T SE

I'd use a Satellite wagon.

...Seriously.

Ghoste

GOTWING

that would be cool with out the wing though, i think it would sit a little to high! :smilielol:

Hemi Runner

Quote from: moparstuart on August 30, 2012, 11:43:46 AM
really not a bad idea in that the 4dr back window looks alot closer to a superbird . leave off the vinyl top for a cleaner look . That being said no way i'm doing it  .....

How much larger is the 4dr back window compared to the bird window?? I could live with implanting a 4dr back window when you look at how much a rear plug costs and the fact that finding a real glass bird rear window is nearly impossible.

moparstuart

Quote from: Hemi Runner on August 31, 2012, 10:27:32 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 30, 2012, 11:43:46 AM

How much larger is the 4dr back window compared to the bird window?? I could live with implanting a 4dr back window when you look at how much a rear plug costs and the fact that finding a real glass bird rear window is nearly impossible.
its alot bigger but if you look at it on the cop car it looks great with out the vinyl top i think it passes well

Hemi Runner

I might just have to wait on a steel plug and a bird rear window.... I think the wing car ferry will drop one of each at my house.... :D

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: GOTWING on August 31, 2012, 07:52:57 AM
that would be cool with out the wing though, i think it would sit a little to high! :smilielol:

On the wagon version, I'd mount the wing on top of the quarters just like a real bird and have the horizontal part cross right over the back of the roof, it might even wind up slghtly behind the roof.

I made a drawing of this once and I thought it looked pretty cool.

Extra points for converting the wagon to a two door...

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 31, 2012, 01:58:50 PM
Quote from: GOTWING on August 31, 2012, 07:52:57 AM

On the wagon version, I'd mount the wing on top of the quarters just like a real bird and have the horizontal part cross right over the back of the roof, it might even wind up slghtly behind the roof.

I made a drawing of this once and I thought it looked pretty cool.

Extra points for converting the wagon to a two door...
or just put the wing  right on through the wagon  , or delete all together

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

djcarguy

Hotrod 98 had a 70 ply wagon while back?    how bout a 3door sedan delivery wagon tow rig,leave 2 doors on pass side like 70es chevy suberban,,but 1 door drivers side sedan delivery no side windows in back and big wing.
 maybe short nose or custom nose mods and spoilers?   well just thinking again and time for meds,hahaha..dj

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

DoubleDlover

ok well isnt that special... How about the god d**m f**ken rear window moldings??? Why does everyone forget about the F*****en rear window moldings???? Its like haven a great big huge set of double DDs!!!!!!! And someone forgot to put a nice set of Nipples on them... Moldings people.......Moldings.....

GOTWING

that red daytona wagon is cool!  :2thumbs: photo shop i would think.

1966hemi

The link won't open for me. Is there more information as to where Don is located or an updated website address? Thx!

1966hemi

I just wanted to re-ask the same question as my above post. Can anyone help me please? Thank you!

moparstuart

Quote from: moparstuart on August 27, 2012, 11:14:20 AM
 don's email address

umcandprops@yahoo.com

don is in canada and this is your best bet to get ahold of him , if you  dont wanna take that advise i guess you can keep asking the same question over and over

see above

1966hemi