News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buddy Baker #6 vintage interior photos from the 1970 Daytona 500

Started by odcics2, August 02, 2012, 05:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

odcics2

Quote from: odcics2 on August 02, 2012, 05:01:31 PM
Found an old newspaper with a photo of the Cotton Owens #6 Dodge Charger Daytona, driven by Buddy Baker.  THIS car sat on the outside pole at 192 mph.
Notice the many gauges in the dashboard and the dual ignition switches.  Also, notice the windshield brace is offset to the passenger side. Floor is set up for the 2 way radio.

The extra gauge on the far right could be an air density meter.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

wingcar builder

From the dvd The Chargers. Cotton's charger 500 Dash might be the same one.

wingcar builder

Here are couple pics the my friend Mike Ashley took back in the Day while visiting shops. This is the Baker Daytona getting new front end after Hitting James Hylton in the ass at Texas.

Now here is a shot he took also. Note another dash. I'm not sure what the extention is hanging down off the bottom but it looks like it would be in Buddy's way as long legged as he was. Note the 3 spoke wheel in this one.

odcics2

moparchris

Is the "extension" you're referring to the accelerator pedal?  Looks like it's hinged off the floor, not sure what else it could be :scratchchin:

odcics2

He means the black long rectangle under the steering column, riveted to the dashboard.  That's an odd thing!