News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hummm, North Dakota... Superbird... Hey, that reminds me!

Started by DaytonaJim, August 03, 2012, 02:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaytonaJim

I was reading the post about the Superbird Nose Cone and North Dakota and the old neurons started firing.
Back in September of "72" I worked for Western Electric/AT&T and went to work on a large Dept. of Defence project near Cavalier, North Dakota. Our job was to install radar equipment in a huge concrete building about 10 miles west of town.
I packed up the Daytona with the wife and put some household goods in a small U Haul trailer and headed east from my home in Napa Ca.
One day I pulled in to the large parking lot (200 cars+) at work and saw what I remember to be a white Superbird parked a few rows from me.  I asked all over the worksite "Who has the Superbird in the parking lot?" but never found the owner.
It was hard to believe there were two Wing Cars in the same parking lot out in the middle of the North Dakota prairie at the same time!
Any one have any info about the car or the owner?
1969 Charger Daytona
1971 Challenger Convertible
1957 Chrysler New Yorker 2 dr ht
1957 Chrysler Windsor 2 dr ht
1941 Plymouth Business Coupe

Arnie Cunningham

Cavalier is right on the Canadian border.  Although I have found over 30 different Superbirds that have been in ND over the years, very few have been white.  Jerry Swangler of Grand Forks has owned one or two over the years and may know something.  I am not sure if he posts here or not.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

DaytonaJim

Wish I could say for sure what color the Bird was but its been so long ago.  The owner may have been from out of state but I seem to remember the car had ND plates on it. Oh well, Just thought I'd post the story.
1969 Charger Daytona
1971 Challenger Convertible
1957 Chrysler New Yorker 2 dr ht
1957 Chrysler Windsor 2 dr ht
1941 Plymouth Business Coupe

montana bird

I live in glendive Mt. 30 min from beach and  hour and half from baker. The dealer in baker was randash motors. They sold a crap load of mopars in that area from the 50's through 70's. That whole area had mopars coming out of there. But it is all pretty well dried up. The high steel prices took allot of good cars out of the field for recycling. Real sad that a guy is not always at the right place at the right time to save them. IN beach I know where there are a few mopars but never heard a superbird there. Circle Mt 30 min west of me there is a superbird there yet on a farm. I heard the guy still uses it as a daily eran runner. All that gravel road  :brickwall:.  I Know there was on superbird that was sold in Glendive. They could not sell it here and it was a couple of years later sold to taxi oil Field crews up and down the gravel roads to the rigs. Nobody that remembers the car know what happend to it. The story i got that eventually the nose cone had come of from hitting deer.

arrow

Quote from: DaytonaJim on August 03, 2012, 04:28:36 PM
Wish I could say for sure what color the Bird was but its been so long ago.  The owner may have been from out of state but I seem to remember the car had ND plates on it. Oh well, Just thought I'd post the story.

In the 80s there was a nice  white 6 pak Bird   for sale in North Dakota - saw the add in deals on wheels