News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hot Rod Magazine is in some serious trouble.......

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, July 08, 2012, 10:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 11, 2012, 12:29:05 PM
throw in a nice cougar story sometime if you have a found one. im hooked either way. :2thumbs:

It is like you read the future.  I'm working on the article, and it includes a 1969 Cougar Eliminator 428 CJ car I found... now has a 427... sitting for 20ish years.

Ryan

nvrbdn

oh sweet. mine is a 69. looking forward to that one. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

mauve66

if sitting for 20 years qualifies, i can show you mine........... oh wait.......... that didn't sound right.......................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Topher

Cool! I know a fella that has 7 of the Mercury Cyclone CJ cars painted in the Cale Yarborough paint colors. White with Red roofs(or is it rooves?) He also has one of the aero type cars with the flush mount grille. If you ever get down toward the Charlotte area I'll take you over there. I also know where the lone survivng 71 Charger R/T Pace Car resides.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

moparstuart

Quote from: Topher on July 15, 2012, 02:00:37 PM
Cool! I know a fella that has 7 of the Mercury Cyclone CJ cars painted in the Cale Yarborough paint colors. White with Red roofs(or is it rooves?) He also has one of the aero type cars with the flush mount grille. If you ever get down toward the Charlotte area I'll take you over there. I also know where the lone survivng 71 Charger R/T Pace Car resides.
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TheAutoArchaeologist

That's awesome.  I might be in Charlotte next June.  Drop me your information and I will let you know what happens.

TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TheAutoArchaeologist

That is where the Power Tour ends next year.  I will probably not be doing it.  So I may or may not be able to get out there.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Just a FYI my new article is out in the October issue of Hot Rod.  It is about some Fords I found.  But there will be more Mopars including a bunch of A12 and Hemi cars I shot in a barn, the 2nd owner Daytona and much much more.

I won't keep updating this thread, but let me know what you guys think and any suggestions are always appreciated.

Thank you,

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist.

nvrbdn

nice find with some good pic's. what about a follow up? he says he has to sell, will you track that? mabey an update on how many will survive with new owners and how many will go to parts to help other cars live. there may be a large following to see how many cars you will actually save through your adventures. just a thought.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TheAutoArchaeologist

You should see the rest of the pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/sets/72157629175689185/

I'm going to write a blog and post it after the radio interview next week.

Unfortunately there won't be a follow up anytime soon.  I have no way to do anything with the cars, my friend is not interested.  I informed a few locals about them being for sale.  But the guy does not want everyone to know about the cars.  He said if anyone from around Raleigh contacts me, then to pass them along.  Otherwise not too.

I hope to get back there in about a year.  See how it is going.

nvrbdn

man, thats alot of stuff. some nice cars too. great pic's. keep up the good work on the articles. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TheAutoArchaeologist

Thank you sir.  I am sending in an article as we speak.  Should appear early next year.

Sneak preview....

Ryan

Ghoste

TheAutoArchaeologist