News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CONGRATS TO JOHN A. ON WINNING OE GOLD!

Started by Mopar John, August 13, 2012, 01:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

John,
I would like to congradulate you on the OE GOLD certification of your Daytona! I would also commend your shops of Paul Jacobs and Troy Angelly Restorations. The Daytona looked awesome and had a ton of original parts for a vehicle 43 years old! I Really like the hubcaps that came with your Daytona!
Mopar John

hemigeno

Me too -- Congrats, John!

I could only dream of having a Daytona that was in the shape yours was in with all those original parts.  Awesome car, awesome restoration.  Congrats again to both you, Paul and Troy.

:cheers:

Highbanked Hauler

WOW congrats John :2thumbs: hope to see you at a show sometime :cheers:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Big Bird

Already gave you the "at-a-boy" @ the show , the car is impecable, awesome restoration. Can't wait to hear about your points..... can't imagine ANY deductions !!!!!!! Was great to see you again with a huge smile on your face.
BIG - BIRD :)

ECS

Hey Big John,
Again I want to say Congratulations!  Besides being thrilled that you received Gold, I really enjoyed getting to know you better and the Friendship that ensued.  Thank you very much and let me know if there is anything I can do to assist with your future projects.  Enjoy the moment.  :2thumbs:
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

69_500

Super car John. Even though you told me to quit talking to your wife about buying it. We all know it is way out of my league. I will shoot you a memory stick in the mail with pictures. Not sure they would all fit on a DVD.

RJS

Quote from: ECS on August 13, 2012, 05:52:36 PM
Hey Big John,
Again I want to say Congratulations!  Besides being thrilled that you received Gold, I really enjoyed getting to know you better and the Friendship that ensued.  Thank you very much and let me know if there is anything I can do to assist with your future projects.  Enjoy the moment.  :2thumbs:

Dave, John discussed this with me and has decided he wants you to give me any and everything I need for my GTX for FREE, ZERO, NADA :2thumbs:

Just kidding and John again that car is unreal, can't wait to see it in the flesh so to speak!!!  Maybe E-Town.
Ron

XXHEMI

Congratulations John. Can't wait to see it in person!

nascarxx29

Congrats John :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   Im thinking the same thing as Ron

, the car is impecable, awesome restoration. Can't wait to hear about your points..... can't imagine ANY deductions !!!!!!!

I was interested on the grading points system criteria and was surprised to read .The often lost and or missing Buildsheet paperwork added points.
http://www.moparnats.org/documents/2013_Mopar_Nationals_OE_Certification.pdf
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Daytona Guy

69daytona

John,  Again Congrats!  The car looks just like it did the day I drove it off the showroom floor at Capital Dodge.  Now that it has be restored to it's original color, can I buy it back for the same price I sold it to Jack?  PLEASE?
Now I have to try to get hold of a hat and shirts from the Nats.
Take good care of my 43 year old grandchild!
Leon

moparstuart

Quote from: 69daytona on August 14, 2012, 03:20:26 PM
John,  Again Congrats!  The car looks just like it did the day I drove it off the showroom floor at Capital Dodge.  Now that it has be restored to it's original color, can I buy it back for the same price I sold it to Jack?  PLEASE?
Leon
original daytona owner very cool   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Just 6T9 CHGR

John, loved seeing pics of the progress in the resto & the final product. I expected nothing less knowing you.  Cant wait to see it in the flesh.  Congrats & hope you are feeling better :cheers:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69daytona

Moparstuart,  Not too sure how many original owners still have any kind of connection with their cars, but can not be that many.  At least John has information on me and Jack Buttion who I originally sold it to.  So that is about 30 years of verifiable history on the car.  At least the car has been in good hands through out it's life and not left to rot in some old barn or field like a lot of others.  

johntpr

Thank you to all. The prior owners particularly Leon Reisner and Jack Buttino took great care of her, and I've enjoyed their friendship. Jack had the car over 30 years.  All the owners helped in the documentation. of this car and provided vintage photos.

Many on this board have helped in one way or another. Mopar John, Dave Benasutti, Gene Lewis etc all helped over the years and gave up items from their personal NOS collections.

I thank you all for your kind words, and would like to thank my family, Paul and Katie Jacobs and Troy and Eli Angelly for their hard work and outstanding restoration and paint and body talents.

Many others like Dave Walden, David Patik provided exceptional parts and advice.

Helping and improving our hobby is what this is all about.  We have all learned from each other.  I enjoyed speaking with Gene Lewis and Tony D all weekend and learning about their respective cars.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69daytona on August 14, 2012, 03:20:26 PM
Leon

I love it !!!  :2thumbs:  Come on John..........   :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

thedodgeboys

resq302

John,

I think it is time for you to change your signature pic!   :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

maxwellwedge

johntpr

held1823

that car makes my sticker peck up, almost as quickly as a pretty girl...

congrats, john; she is gorgeous.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

WINGIN IT

No trophy, no plaque, just your head held high and your pockets empty.
I think that's a pretty good image... :smilielol: