News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TRIPLE GOLD OE DAYTONA DISPLAY 2012 Mopar Nationals

Started by 706pkvert, August 13, 2012, 05:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

706pkvert

Just got back from the show and all I can say is what a year. 3 Daytonas, 3 OE GOLD awards. Simply amazing and will probably never happen again. I feel special to have been part of the party.

To Gene & Vance, Paul & John.... the cars were excellent and congrats again on the extremely difficult task of building an OE Gold car.

-Mike Mancini

ECS

Quote from: 706pkvert on August 13, 2012, 05:25:21 PM
Just got back from the show and all I can say is what a year.

Congratulations......Great Job Mike and glad to hear you made it back safely.  Kick back and enjoy the moment.  All of the Daytona's looked Fantastic.  Be Proud of all your dedication, effort and achieving GOLD!! :2thumbs:
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

hemigeno

Thanks, Mike - and I agree, it is doubtful the same feat will ever be accomplished again (at least having 3 Daytonas being awarded OE Gold at the same time).

Congrats to you and Tony again.

Gene

Mopar John

Mike,
Nice to meet you at the show and congrats to you, your crew and Tony on another fine OE certified Daytona!
I look forward to meeting up with you and the Daytona at the MCACN show in November!
MJ

69_500

Hey gene not to throw a wrench into things but I think they did not want any of the pics from the last location put up anywhere. Not sure if Tim mentioned it to everyone there or if just to me.

TONY

now we got to clean all of that gosh darn overspray off of everything so we dont have to explain that to the rest of the world for the remainders of our  lives, lol :icon_smile_big:

69_500

I say leave it. Then again I am one of the odd balls that loves that stuff.

65post

Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

johntpr

Just got home this afternoon.  Tony, Mike , Vance and Gene...great work !

It was really an incredible weekend.

TONY

gene and john, thanks alot
compliments from guys like you are very rewarding,

thank you!

del, nah, im not gonna clean off the overspray, but ill betcha ill have a sheet to display with the car detailing the reason why its there, cause ill get worn out real quick splaining that, over and over

Ghoste

To the people that care, those cars need no explanation whatsoever.  Great work you guys.

pettybird

Quote from: Ghoste on August 14, 2012, 12:37:17 AM
To the people that care, those cars need no explanation whatsoever.  Great work you guys.

sounds good in theory, but remember--there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.  make the signs.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on August 13, 2012, 07:29:58 PM
Hey gene not to throw a wrench into things but I think they did not want any of the pics from the last location put up anywhere. Not sure if Tim mentioned it to everyone there or if just to me.

Ah, Tim never mentioned anything about that to me.  I'll pull the pics off.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Congrats to all involved in these painstaking restos...seeing Genes car in person and being shown just a fraction of the small details was mind blowing in itself.....having 3 mind blowing Daytonas in one setting must have been nirvana....

Congrats to all!!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Fantastic display of high caliber cars.  Congrats to all!  Im sure it was well deserved of the awards they received!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

johntpr

Great article on Tony's Daytona in this month's Mopar Collector's Guide.  Congrats to Tony and Mike :2thumbs:

ECS

Quote from: johntpr on October 12, 2012, 12:22:40 PM
Great article on Tony's Daytona in this month's Mopar Collector's Guide.  Congrats to Tony and Mike :2thumbs:

A very interesting article indeed.  Like most commentaries looking to amplify or embellish the subject matter, one has to wonder why the author assumed an outcome prior to the actual results. The chagrin caused by such a presumptuous buildup must have left the participants feeling deflated.  It just goes to show that reality can't be changed by hankering verbiage written by a witless columnist.  Ironically, the articles on the three cars will be covered in the order of their final judging results.  From the bottom up!

WINGIN IT

So Tony's scored the lowest of the 3?
Did I interpret that correctly?

TONY

nobody knows the scores yet, the summaries havent been done yet by the judge. from what im told they havent even been done for 2 of the cars at last years judging.

and i just spoke to john antonelli and he hasnt received his yet.

jim belinda said he hasnt received them from keith rohm yet

the reason why they ran the article on my car first was because MCG photograhed it at carlsile in july and was already starting on the text and hadn't photograhed the other cars til the nationals in august.

there was nothing assumed by the author as all 3 cars had been listed on the board at the nationals as oe gold certificate winners at the event and the article wasnt completed til after the nats, thats somewhat obvious as thats where the photo of the 3 cars together was taken

ECS

Quote from: TONY on October 12, 2012, 03:43:53 PM
nobody knows the scores yet, the summaries havent been done yet by the judge. from what im told they havent even been done for 2 of the cars at last years judging.

jim belinda said he hasnt received them from keith rohm yet

Standards have obviously changed again with the OE program.  The years I participated (2005 - 2008 - 2010) the results were tallied and given to Jim at the end of the Show.  This was confirmed to us, by Keith, at the Show.  I was told my point totals within a week concerning every car I entered.  When you state that "2 of the cars at last years judging" have not received their summaries, keep in mind that there were only 2 cars that participated in OE last year!  Are they BOTH still waiting for their results?  As with every year, how are OE cars given their results on Saturday if the points have not been calculated?  How are Gold, Silver or Bronze awards determined if "nobody knows the scores"?  Unless the cars are STILL being judged and points manipulated, how could the results not be known two months after the fact?   It shouldn't take weeks to calculate a few deductions from a predetermined amount of points.....should it?  An interview with Keith was recently written in a Mopar Magazine that broke down (in detail) the manner in which they judge a vehicle and the breakdowns for each individual category.  It seemed pretty straight forward.  Eight weeks later and no one knows anything?!?  Yes, some things never change..... :lol:

TONY

QuoteHow are Gold, Silver or Bronze awards determined if "nobody knows the scores"?   how could the results not be known two months after the fact?   It shouldn't take weeks to calculate a few deductions from a predetermined amount of points.....should it?

i agree

Mopar John

At the Nats in 2010 when Dave and I competed there was a sheet posted on the judging table. It had all the results on it and was there around 3pm Saturday if I remember right. On the OE cars of which there was 5 it went from the highest score down to the lowest. Dave had the highest OE gold at the top so he got best of show. Next was our OE gold and then another OE gold. Then there were 2 OE silver awards. There were no point totals ever published. If you go to the Nats web site and pull up 2010 results they reflect the same results as the sheet. The 2011 OE results show only 2 cars certified with both being OE gold and the one with the higher point total is at the top and got best of show. So the only thing for sure at this point is Gene Lewis scored the highest of the OE gold cars as he was awarded
"BEST OF SHOW". So my question is this: was there a judging results sheet posted on the table this year?
MJ

TONY

Quote from: Mopar John on October 12, 2012, 07:40:50 PM

So my question is this: was there a judging results sheet posted on the table this year?
MJ

yes there was a sheet

and from the best of my recollection it was in alphabetical order, i believe there is a pic of it on a thread here somewhere

Redbird

It seems to me that anyone who has gotten that far is really only competing against themself, that is how one gets to that level These cars are so well done that they make most of our cars, well "ordinary". These cars are beyond excellent, 1 or 2 points either way who is really to say.