News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddyd02

Put a new drivers side mirror on and stare at it for awhile  :icon_smile_big:

doctor4766

New dash bezels, redyed door trims, dash and new upper door pads to match.
Repainted the black cowl panel, fitted a backup thermo fan and put a new black stripe on to replace the experimental white one.
Gave it a good polish and took it for a spin.
Gotta love a '69

cdr

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on August 19, 2012, 03:04:31 PM
Quote from: billschroeder5842 on August 19, 2012, 02:08:44 PM

Traded the mechanical voltage limiter for a solid state

Please tell more about this - features and benefits, thanks!
http://rt-eng.com/rte/index.php/Main_Page
if the old style dash regulator shorts out it will take out the gages
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

bakerhillpins

Backed it into the garage so that I could start rebuilding the carb and stupidly looked at the braking system. Ended pulling it apart and now it's sitting doing a whole lot of nothing while I deal with all the other issues of home ownership rather than work on the car.  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

On the plus side did the full maintenance cycle on the motorcycle today.   :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

lukedukem

took off alternator brackets to take pics to send to Fred to see if i have wrong ones. can't find the right belt to go on it. after that i'm crusin this beast

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Back N Black

I complete mine two years ago and just driving the snot out of her!  :2thumbs:

BrianShaughnessy

Drove Black Betty to dinner last night...  first time out in like 3 weeks maybe?
Reminded me that I need to replace a broken Ebrake cable - which I ordered.  And the rebuilt mini starter I installed last month still sux when it's hot and I'll be pulling that out again.  

Cleaned and put first coat of por15 on some bumper brackets and other stuff for Sinnamon today.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Patronus

Disc brakes:
Radiator/fans/air-cleaner:
and finally some miles!

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

kab69440

Bought a 30" side tank aluminum rad at the Winter Swap earlier this year. Bought a new aluminum water pump, housing and neck a couple of weeks ago. I put the spare third member on stands and started taking stock of what I need to complete my Scarebird rear disc setup. I found out that the centers of the rotors I bought need to be opened up .020-.030". Need to plumb new hardline and get new hoses.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

grdprx

I bought a clip for the door handle today at the Sunbust swap meet, that way my wife can open the passenger door!  Also picked up a core 727 so I can change out my input shaft this winter. I some how ended up with a 1966 19 spine tranny.

I looked at 20 other Chargers that look nicer than mine today too!   :rofl:    :drool5:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Sounds like some pretty cool lessons learned, and some cool projects on the horizon :2thumbs:

Darkman

Fully completed 1 rotisserie stand and about 90% completed the other
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

General_01

1. Put on a new radiator shroud because I was running hot only to find out that my aftermarket gauge went bad. Even put a flex fan on to try to cool it. Now I have a flex fan sitting on my shelf and the car is running just fine with the electric fan and shroud back on the car.

2. Found where the leak in my oil pump is. Was able to stem the very bad leak for now until I can pull the pump. Was a loose bolt.

3. Converted to a hydrualic clutch/slave cylinder setup earlier this year.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Jderek

Replacing the motor in the morning...
'68 Charger, 511" stroker(609hp,688tq), 4speed, 4.56's, 33x21.5 Mickey Thompson ET's.

bill440rt

So far this year...

'68: Installed a pair of Magnaflow resonators to eliminate the drone of the Flowbastards. Having the seatbelts redone with new black webbing at this moment. Ordered a new set of 15x7 Magnums, just now gotta get redline radials to put on them, as funds allow. Changed the 12-year old Accel ignition wires for a set of Firecores. I also stared at it for a while.

'69: Swapped out the stock hood hinges for a set of billets. Then stared at it for a while.

'70: Bought some sway bar hardware at Carlisle for it that I have yet to swap out. Fixed the pesky trans leak at the selector shaft (again). Also a torn ball joint boot. Then stared at it for a while.

Drove them as time allowed.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Jderek

'68 Charger, 511" stroker(609hp,688tq), 4speed, 4.56's, 33x21.5 Mickey Thompson ET's.

myk

Quote from: Jderek on August 19, 2012, 10:46:42 PM
Quote from: myk on August 19, 2012, 10:36:06 PM
Quote from: Jderek on August 19, 2012, 08:50:19 PM
Replacing the motor in the morning...

Slant 6, bored over?
How'd ya guess?  :smilielol:

Well you've got that whole grocery-getter, weekend golf look to the car and all, lol...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

TK73

Drove it last weekend with Judas Priest CRANKED
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

TK73

Quote from: grdprx on August 19, 2012, 08:16:32 PM
I bought a clip for the door handle today at the Sunbust swap meet, that way my wife can open the passenger door!  Also picked up a core 727 so I can change out my input shaft this winter. I some how ended up with a 1966 19 spine tranny.

I looked at 20 other Chargers that look nicer than mine today too!   :rofl:    :drool5:

Sad I missed the show, heard it was good !!

doctor4766

Quote from: Patronus on August 19, 2012, 07:17:17 PM
Disc brakes:
Radiator/fans/air-cleaner:
and finally some miles!

Patronus how do you find that air cleaner?
Gotta love a '69

dodgey68

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 19, 2012, 04:20:13 PM
New TTI headers, 3" exhaust, hydroboost master cylinder, new headlights, and a torque strap. Now I'm too broke to think of the next parts to get.   :cheers:
hey white and red69 may i ask what sortof headlight did you end up getting
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

grdprx

Quote from: TK73 on August 20, 2012, 03:18:52 AM
Quote from: grdprx on August 19, 2012, 08:16:32 PM

Sad I missed the show, heard it was good !!

It was good. There was a Bullit clone there, first time I'd seen one. Had a shot gun and shells on the back seat too!

TK73

That one was at Everett... Always a good show there too

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: dodgey68 on August 20, 2012, 04:50:19 AM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 19, 2012, 04:20:13 PM
New TTI headers, 3" exhaust, hydroboost master cylinder, new headlights, and a torque strap. Now I'm too broke to think of the next parts to get.   :cheers:
hey white and red69 may i ask what sortof headlight did you end up getting

I had used a xenon set for the last few years but always had problems with the ballasts not working so I swapped to high output H4 bulbs with a painless performance wiring harness with relays. I liked the xenon set better but mine just always had problems.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster