News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

71charger_fan

Cleaned it up and drove it for the first time since probably November to the first local cruise in of the season. On the way home, I was reminded my instrument lights are out. Forgot about that over the winter.

M5Ivan

Finished wiring up my QTP electric cutouts. Looking forward to playing with my new loud switch!

sanders7981

Just ordered an AED Performance 750 carb and jegs electronic distributor kit. 

cdr

Installed my Tanks inc efi type fuel tank, am still running a carb for now, & FINALLY installed my trunk lid springs, have been putting this off for 3 years because everyone was saying how hard they were to install, it took 5min to install them LMBO !!!!  DONE :)

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

brad mcintyre

started quarters never done this before so it is an adventure see how it goes

brad mcintyre

twenty mike mike

Quote from: M5Ivan on April 09, 2017, 06:01:18 PM
Finished my Classic Auto air a/c install. I got to the point where I needed my shop to jump in and finish up some of the engine compartment work. Blows ice cold!!!

Looks great. Which fan are you using? I haven't installed my compressor yet, because it's in the way of the fan arc.

Please post more pics of your setup.

MoparRocks

Started the tear down today to prep for the new gauges, wiring harness, MSD Streetfire, Petronix Ignitor 2, carb spacer, radiator, headers, exhaust, etc install. Taking care of a few issues.
1971 Charger Richard Petty tribute
Mopar 340 three on the tree

MoparRocks

fuzzycoronet

had it towed to shop for new vinyl top and headliner install. top went on very nice. headliner not so good. headliner did not have bow sleeves for sail panels had to order a new one. one step forward two steps back!

M5Ivan

Quote from: twenty mike mike on April 18, 2017, 06:31:19 PM
Finished my Classic Auto air a/c install. I got to the point where I needed my shop to jump in and finish up some of the engine compartment work. Blows ice cold!!!

Looks great. Which fan are you using? I haven't installed my compressor yet, because it's in the way of the fan arc.

I'm not sure what fan it is but it's a 7 blade and they had to machine down the spacer because it would have hit the radiator.
Here are a couple of pictures of the finished installation.

BDF

Changed my front left tire at a gas station while people told me "what a nice car" I had...  ::)
Seems I drove over something (that I couldn't find!  :shruggy:) & sliced my sidewall open  :brickwall:

Kern Dog

Mopar Rocks....That is an UNusual fan belt arrangement you have there.

twenty mike mike

Quote from: M5Ivan on April 20, 2017, 05:20:48 PM
Quote from: twenty mike mike on April 18, 2017, 06:31:19 PM

I'm not sure what fan it is but it's a 7 blade and they had to machine down the spacer because it would have hit the radiator.
Here are a couple of pictures of the finished installation.

Thanks, that helps a lot.  :cheers:

MoparRocks

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 23, 2017, 04:31:21 AM

Is it? I have one belt that runs from the damper to the water pump and power steering and one from the damper to the alternator. Didn't think it was odd? :shruggy:

JR

Got to drive it on Atlanta Motor Speedway. That was fun. Full details in my Motorama thread.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Draco

Wow, a Charger on the high banks. Did they let you pass or get up passed highway speed?

JR

Yeah we could pass each other in the corners. We averaged between 60-75 mph on the high banks. We slowed down for the straights.

It was just a cruise, not a trackday, so we couldn't haul as much ass I would have liked, but it was a brief glimpse into what stock car racing must have been like in the 60s. It was amazing.

Here's my ride waiting on pit Lane right before we went out.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Draco

Kern Dog

Quote from: MoparRocks on April 23, 2017, 03:53:47 PM

Is it? I have one belt that runs from the damper to the water pump and power steering and one from the damper to the alternator. Didn't think it was odd? :shruggy:

Hey, if it works for you, that is okay by me. I just don' recall seeing them arranged that way.
In other cars, the alternator and water pump pulley share a belt. The power steering is usually alone.

MoparRocks

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 26, 2017, 12:58:57 AM
Quote from: MoparRocks on April 23, 2017, 03:53:47 PM

Hey, if it works for you, that is okay by me. I just don' recall seeing them arranged that way.
In other cars, the alternator and water pump pulley share a belt. The power steering is usually alone.

Interesting. When I got the car it had an ac compressor on it but it wasn't hooked up so I removed it. When the ac was in it there were 3 belts. A single that ran from the damper to the water pump and the power steering pump. And a double belt set that wrapped the damper, the ac pump, and the alternator. So when I yanked the ac pump I just kept the belt as it was except went down to a single because of alignment issues between the damper and the alternator.

ACUDANUT

Waiting on my 71 R/T decal install, on my 72 Rallye.  :icon_smile_big:

375instroke

Went to Home Depot after installing my new sway bar.