News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparjohn

This past weekend  was a total front suspension rebuild, including new firm feel steering box.  I replaced the upper a arms with tubular, and the strut rods are now adjustable (both from Riely Motorsports) had the lower control arms reinforced and powder coated. every bushing/ball joint replaced. It's tight and responsive now, oh and Bielstien shocks too!
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

71charger_fan

Took it to a car show on Saturday and, on the way, the power steering pump started screeching. I had to keep the rpm down and made it home. Yesterday, I pulled out the pump (a Saginaw) and put in one I rebuilt and had in storage for years. Then I realized the return hose fitting on the reservoir hit the header flange. So, I then had to pull the reservoirs off of each one and switch the '71 reservoir onto the spare pump. Now, I have a smaller diameter PS pulley as the shaft on the spare pump wasn't a keyed shaft, so I couldn't switch the original pulley onto the spare pump. I'm not sure if that matters enough for me to buy the correct pump and switch that in.

two69chargers

Used Father's Day to dig the car out of storage in the back of the barn. Aired up the tires, blew the dust off, put a battery in it and primed the carb with gas. Fired right up! Backed it out of the barn and let it run while I packed all the other stuff back into the barn! It's now sitting in the "work area" of the barn, so I am hopping to get to re-gluing my spots that lifted on my new vinyl top this coming week-end. Then it will be ready to hit the road this summer!
1969 RT / SE, 440 Magnum, Track Pack, B5
1969 White Hat Special, 318, 904, 8-1/4

Fitz73Chrgr

Did a little front suspension work a few weeks ago.  Today I put on her new shoes and dropped the nose an inch.  Tomorrow, alignment.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

ACUDANUT

69wannabe

Finally got to drive it to town and back!! When I pulled it out of the shop it started sprinkling rain and that has been the story for five days now but I said screw it and once I got in the road it stopped raining. Every time I start to do something outside it starts raining, once I got back home I did get a chance to give it a good washing and dried it off good. Just got it backed into the shop before it came another rain storm. I know we need rain but I could do without it for a day or two i'm pretty sure.
At least the rear main area is still dry and I can put the dust cover back on, I left it off for awhile so I could check and see if I had any drips down there.

Maybe next on the list is a firm feel steering box and maybe a rear sway bar kit......

UH60L

Drove it in a 4th of July Parade in the little town of Gervais Oregon, where I went to high school.  (oh yeah, and the last week of May, I got the decals installed!)

Pretty cool, everyone seemed to like the car, and one guy yelled "best car in the parade!". 

I got some of the interior parts in the mail a few weeks ago, so soon I'll have the headliner, visors, and package tray cover installed.

71charger_fan

I gave in and bought the correct PS pump with the keyed shaft. Went to all the trouble of pulling the pump and switching the housings only to drop the unit on the concrete and bend the crap out of the pulley. I straightened the pulley as best I could and installed it anyway. However, I just couldn't live with the wobble and got a new repro pulley from Roseville Moparts and installed that today. Went pretty well, just had to use a rolled up piece of sandpaper to remove some paint or powder coating from the center bore of the new pulley. It's fun when something slips out of your grip and costs you $100.

morepower

since ive gotten my car back on the road i've been to three shows and won 3 trophys.
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

cdr

Installed a Dr Diff stage 2 front disc brake kit & PST tube upper control arms, went to a car show, drive it almost everyday  :yesnod:   :patriot:

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

funknut

Finally got a professional alignment after I redid the front suspension.

Also figured out the previous owner installed the rear springs on the wrong sides.

tiki

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

moparstuart

oiled down the cylinder on the 68 barn find and hope to try and turn over the motor next weekend 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 11, 2017, 08:42:12 AM
Don't forget to prime the oil pump. !!
yes we have the tool to run a drill down the dist. shaft  and new fluids  maybe sunday

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on July 11, 2017, 07:48:46 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 11, 2017, 08:42:12 AM
Don't forget to prime the oil pump. !!
yes we have the tool to run a drill down the dist. shaft  and new fluids  maybe sunday

Make sure you use a good zinc rich oil or at least a break in additive to bring the zinc phosphor level up to safe.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

INTMD8

Not much.  Recharged the A/C and got some new floor mats :)

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

darbgnik

Just got the car back from body and paint a couple weeks so playing catch up a bit.

Replaced the speakers in the dash with two Focal 4"  speakers where the original dash one was, and two Focal 5x7s in the rear deck lid. Those rears actually give a little mid bass.
Went through a bunch of wiring. Got the hidden headlights working like they should. Replaced the single "on accessory" aftermarket blade style fuse box the previous owner installed with two 6 circuit blocks. One on accessory, and one on constant power.

Dropped the oil and coplant to find out the chrome water neck the last guy installed was made it Taiwan and corroded to all hell inside, gumming up the Thermostat and probably the system. Driving it with a flush agent and water before putting coolant and water in for good.

Redid the Mopar aluminum valve covers for the third time to stop a major leak onto the drivers side header. Rubber gaskets. Leaked. Moroso blue gaskets. Leaked. Morose blue gaskets and a ton of black RTV. Sealed.

Greased the front end and u joints.

Now just waiting on parts for the drivers window slider on the front edge and 316 u joints to install the 3.55 center section with the larget yoke vs what's in there now.

It's great to something to fiddle with......
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

JR

I installed a pair of Global West tubular subframe connectors, and the matching rear pair of QA1 single adjustable shocks.

The subframe connectors really do make a drastic improvement. I put off installing them for way too long!
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

ACUDANUT

Quote from: darbgnik on July 14, 2017, 05:50:47 PM
Just got the car back from body and paint a couple weeks so playing catch up a bit.

Replaced the speakers in the dash with two Focal 4"  speakers where the original dash one was, and two Focal 5x7s in the rear deck lid. Those rears actually give a little mid bass.
Went through a bunch of wiring. Got the hidden headlights working like they should. Replaced the single "on accessory" aftermarket blade style fuse box the previous owner installed with two 6 circuit blocks. One on accessory, and one on constant power.

Dropped the oil and coplant to find out the chrome water neck the last guy installed was made it Taiwan and corroded to all hell inside, gumming up the Thermostat and probably the system. Driving it with a flush agent and water before putting coolant and water in for good.

Redid the Mopar aluminum valve covers for the third time to stop a major leak onto the drivers side header. Rubber gaskets. Leaked. Moroso blue gaskets. Leaked. Morose blue gaskets and a ton of black RTV. Sealed.

Greased the front end and u joints.

Now just waiting on parts for the drivers window slider on the front edge and 316 u joints to install the 3.55 center section with the larget yoke vs what's in there now.

It's great to something to fiddle with......

Those Cheap Factory tin valve covers are worthless, imo

ODZKing

Quote from: INTMD8 on July 13, 2017, 12:25:27 PM
Not much.  Recharged the A/C and got some new floor mats :)

Those mats are NICE! :2thumbs: Can I ask where you got them and how much?  :popcrn: