News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Yeah people bring what you want, it's your car. But don't expect me to "Love" your new boring Challenger at an all Mopar muscle show/swap meet. I will walk right past them. There's nothing folks can do to them to grab my attention. Including flashy colors under the hood, ground effects, 32" ghetto rims, stuffed animals, gawdy interior highlight colors, loud revving sounds, thumping hip hop stereos, fake hood scoops blah, blah blah.

BTW nice cars at that "Last Cruise at Dukes" show.  :2thumbs:

:cheers:

Kern Dog

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 10, 2019, 10:13:36 PM
Car shows should be for Classic cars. (30 plus)  :Twocents:

I agree for the most part.
Our club in Sacramento has a show each June. If the newer cars were not allowed, our show car count would be cut in half. The classic car owners are NOT growing in numbers, each year there are more that get older and choose to stay home. I'm sure that there are still a great amount of nice cars out there sitting in garages NOT being driven.

alfaitalia

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 10, 2019, 10:13:36 PM
Car shows should be for Classic cars. (30 plus)  :Twocents:

By definition a classic car in the UK has to be 40 years plus...any car considered old and desirable that's newer than that is defined as a modern classic...1989 Mk2 Golf GTI 16v for example.

Thread is getting a little off topic.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

6pkrtse

I swapped out my stock Rallye's with the Cragar's for awhile. I like to mix it up a bit.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

jefferson

My local car show(well the one i go to with my charger anyway) is pre 1990s, any car that tries to turn up older then that gets told no. Which is great because my idea of a car show is to see awesome classics, not Fing modern cars we see driving everyday on the roads, i could give 2 shits if you have spent all this money decking it out and making it stand out from the rest of your NEWER cars. F off.

b5blue

Quote from: jefferson on September 12, 2019, 09:58:15 AM
My local car show(well the one i go to with my charger anyway) is pre 1990s, any car that tries to turn up older then that gets told no. Which is great because my idea of a car show is to see awesome classics, not Fing modern cars we see driving everyday on the roads, i could give 2 shits if you have spent all this money decking it out and making it stand out from the rest of your NEWER cars. F off.

Hey too bad I sold my 89 Cherokee!  :lol:   I installed my new repop inside rear view mirror from Year One off eBay for 89.00 and ordered a new starter shield. (Another 89.00.)

greenpigs

I am rebuilding my front brakes (11 x 3)

As of right now the drums are on order and I just need to press the hubs out of my old ones.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

70 sublime

Couple weeks ago I was out with the 69 Charger and bought a 68 Charger
First time I ever bought a Charger while driving one  :2thumbs:
68 Looong term project in the future ( if I do not sell it first )
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70 sublime

With the new 68 also the first time I have ever had a 68 69 and 70 all at the same time

TexasStroker

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Kern Dog

ALL of our classics are older than a 1990 model.

nvrbdn

Quote from: 70 sublime on September 13, 2019, 02:07:35 PM
With the new 68 also the first time I have ever had a 68 69 and 70 all at the same time

Nice collection!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

WHITE AND RED 69

Got a new set of wheels for another car and wanted to see how they looked on the Charger. I like em! Now I want a proper sized set for the charger.  :lol:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

b5blue

They look like Alumalight's (SP?) popular on Triumph and MG. Nice rims  :2thumbs:

Slowpoke

after spending an hour and a half I gave up on fitting the orginal valance panel and figured I would need to buy a new one.
then I opened the trunk and found this the g0od light green one). have no idea when I picked it up  ::) boy I must be old  :brickwall:
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

Kern Dog

How about the times you go to a swap meet and buy something, then you get home and find out you already had 2 of them in better shape!

ACUDANUT

"is pre 1990s, any car that tries to turn up older then that gets told no".  I think you mean newer than 90. Why would they turn down older cars ?

myk

Cursed at the puddle of power steering fluid underneath it as I was getting ready to leave for a cruise night.   Time to get that bergeson box upgrade...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

70 sublime

All summer since I started driving my car I have wanted to get the wing mounted
Finally got it on the car and took it for a spin in the dark a couple nights ago  ;)

Tmb84

70' Charger 383 -top banana
71' hemicuda Sox&Martin "tribute"

73chgrSE

Found a couple leaks, ordered new power steering pressure line. Other leak was a trickle from bottom radiator hose. May be just loose.
Found a stripped bolt on my front sway bar. Getting a new one today.
Realized when I drive with 4 people in there my air shocks don't hold up too well. Looking for a solution for that. Lift kit? maybe. Or some heavy duty shocks? What would you recommend?
New air filter. (Carquest part)
Oil change and filter last week. (castrol high mileage 10-30 and purolator filter)
Waxed with Carnauba wax. (works really well on pesky spots)
Did a lot of cruising and got at least 3 offers from people who wanted to buy it. LMAO.... not for sale hahaha!
Kids literally chased me down the street yelling " I love your car"  

Everyone loves an old Dodge Charger!

ht4spd307

Quote from: Tmb84 on September 21, 2019, 05:39:12 PM
i took my car to work today

The  1968 -69 -70 charger never stops fascinating me that every time you look at them from different angles they seem to look better and better. Thats a great shot

71charger_fan

I've had intermittent no start issues since the spring of 2016 when I got the '71 back from the shop that worked on it. Yesterday, I was supposed to drive it to PA to let the body shop that's going to paint it see it as the guy they sent to check it out at the house has quit and moved on. Of course, it wouldn't start. Started with the simplest thing first and cleaned the battery terminals. Turned the key, and she fired right up. I turned it off, loaded some stuff in it, then hopped in, turned the key, and nothing. So, in a modern marvel of poor diagnostics, I decided it was the neutral safety switch. So, I went and bought one and realized the wiring was iffy at best. So, my new harness came out of the package and I installed that while I was working on it. Got it all put back together and...nothing. I didn't even have back up lights anymore. So, back in with the neutral safety switch I had just removed, turned the key, and she kicked right over but would not run. After 5 or 6 tries of this, she wouldn't even try to start anymore. I turned the key on and had no power in the ignition circuit either. So, I jiggled the key quite vigorously and it started and ran. Crap.

Off to the attic to get out the spare column and I spent the rest of the afternoon getting the ignition switch out of the spare column. I tested that switch through all of its positions and it tested fine. So, now to find the time to pull the switch out of the car and replace it with the spare.

71charger_fan

Got the steering wheel off and turn signal switch out this morning before I had to start babysitting.