News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

VegasCharger

Quote from: keith88 on May 12, 2020, 05:25:58 PM.....Just did some body work my self because it very expensive to pay for and it came out pretty nice.....

Very nice work, pays off!   :2thumbs:

Mike DC

Just curious - what's the wheel & tire combo here?  

JR

Mike, they're MB "Old School" wheels. 17x9.5 and 17x 8s.

I think the company has been rebranded and are called something else now, but they're still in production last I checked.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Puzbie

Putting the dash back together.. new top dash pad, complete rewiring, rebuild gauges mechanicals and A/C heater controls... original untouched woodgrain and gauge faces  ;D

ACUDANUT

I have the same problem.  The center A/C vents just don't Line up perfectly.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Puzbie on May 13, 2020, 09:37:52 PM
Putting the dash back together.. new top dash pad, complete rewiring, rebuild gauges mechanicals and A/C heater controls... original untouched woodgrain and gauge faces  ;D

Rear Defogger, cool.

How did your new dash pad fit? Hopefully the A pillar trim drops in nicely with the new pad.  :cheers:

Puzbie

The pad (Legendary) went on easily and looks like a good match.  This is a complete restoration rebuild so it'll be a while before the dash goes back in and longer before the interior is ready.  When the dash does go in I'll try the alignment with the A-pillar parts and write back about it.

Puzbie

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 13, 2020, 10:12:13 PM
I have the same problem.  The center A/C vents just don't Line up perfectly.

Yes it is frustrating because the lower pads are in great shape but the one around the center vent is pulling away from the metal backing... I started a post in the interior section to see if anyone has a solution without completely rebuilding the pads...

krops cars

keith88

Did some work on the inside this time. Dyed the carpets  and put a nice set of seat covers over the seats,they were good an I wanted to keep them that way plus a black vinyl seat gets pretty hot when they sit in the sun.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

alfaitalia

Not seen those before...they fit well. I'm sure folks would like to know the brand/make.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

keith88

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

ht4spd307

Nice job looks killa i wish my woood grain was that good  which wiring harness did you use ?

Puzbie

Thanks... it helps when the car was taken off the road in '90 when the brake caliper went out and I was a broke college student... much less aging  :icon_smile_cool:  I bought the harness from Year One I think M&H was the manufacturer.. I've had the harness since 2016...  I went that direction because it was a true reproduction plug and play.  Now hopefully it all works  :shruggy:

70 sublime

When you are at this stage it might be worth going out and try hooking a car battery up and just see how bright the dash lights are some time when you can be in total darkness
My dash is original too and the white numbers are more faded than yours but I am finding it hard to read the gauges in the dark with lights on
Thinking about switching to LED lights
Would be easy for you to do at this stage if you discover it might help  :yesnod:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70sixpkrt

Not for my Charger but I have some seats for a Challenger. Took the tracks off, cleaned, painted, lubed, and rebuilt them.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

69rtse4spd

The guy that bought the Hemi 500 last summer came up to look at my red 69, no sell. But I turned him onto a 68 Hemi GTX, he took it home. Finally pulled the broadcast sheet out of the red car, perfect shape,  also  got it to start after sitting for 23 years, good feeling. Another week before I start back to work,  going to work on the car.

Chargen69

krops cars

Chargen69

INTMD8

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

WhiteOnGreen

Finally installed led lights and test fit the custom homemade glove box

WhiteOnGreen

RallyeMike

That glovebox looks great. Impressive work.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/