News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

How did you make the glove box.  The LED lights are great. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

AKcharger

I installed a new Sound system. "NEW" high output AM/FM w/Bluetooth dual cone 4x10 in from 6x9's in the back 500W amp and super woofer. I don't always listen to DeadMau5 when I drive...but when I do, so does everyone in an 1/8 miles radius  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

WhiteOnGreen

Quote from: XH29N0G on May 20, 2020, 06:30:35 AM
How did you make the glove box.  The LED lights are great. 
I made a mold and a piece in fiberglass but now I want to modify it to install a radio hidden into glove box.

M5Ivan

Quote from: WhiteOnGreen on May 20, 2020, 02:58:19 AM
Another

That looks great! I did the same a few years ago. Did you have to reverse the polarity at the shifter to get the LED to work there? Mine wouldn't light up until I did.

WhiteOnGreen

Quote from: M5Ivan on May 20, 2020, 08:51:56 AM
Quote from: WhiteOnGreen on May 20, 2020, 02:58:19 AM
Another

That looks great! I did the same a few years ago. Did you have to reverse the polarity at the shifter to get the LED to work there? Mine wouldn't light up until I did.

yes, i wonder why the factory put the reverse polarity on that light bulb  :shruggy:

73chgrSE

I have been working on her all month.
Got a new steering box (FINALLY) Got sent the wrong one TWICE.  :brickwall: Thanks NAPA.... not. Also got a new pitman arm.

After we put that in I got a new carb, a Demon 750. The first one Summit sent me had very obviously been returned before.  When I went to adjust the floats I saw 2 stripped screw heads where the previous guy had attempted to do the same thing and probably gave up and returned it.  :flame:

I also picked up a pair of MOPAR performance valve covers. My old bolts were too short to grab so I had to get some longer ARP bolts. :RantExplode:

Painted my manifold orange then realized I have a spread bore manifold and a new square bore carb. So I needed that 1" adapter plate square/spread that edelbrock makes. Then there was not enuf hood clearance with my edelbrock air cleaner so I had to use my old dual snorkel which looked bad so I had to paint it and get a new decal. Looks really good now though.

Finally got it all together and then a hit and run driver slammed into my van and truck that were parked in my driveway so I can't even get the Charger out of the garage now to test drive it. Currently fighting it out with lawyers and cops now for the second week. :icon_smile_angry:

Now I have new tie rods and sleeves and a new fuel pump and oil pan gaskets just waiting to get put on. Been one hell of a month so far.

AKcharger

XH29N0G

Or maybe it protects us. 

Bronzedodge

I flushed my cooling system with Evaporust Thermocure.  Man, that stuff works!  I ran it through for 2 days, as the instructions said.  Temporarily bypassing the heater core is a must, as it takes a long time to flush out.  I drained the rad. and block and did an initial rinse with distilled water, refilled with distilled and Thermocure, drained that.  It came out black/brown, looks like it removed the mild oxidation from the jacket.  I remove the pipe plugs in the block every rinse, and I only let it cool 20 min after a drive to keep as much in suspension as possible.  I did a hose rinse then two more with distilled water.  Back in '96 when I got the car, it has cooling issues from the first owner adding Bar's Leak brown gunk to it at one point.
Mopar forever!

toocheaptosmoke

Almost got around to getting it out of winter storage...  ::)

grdprx

Quote from: Bronzedodge on June 01, 2020, 05:29:39 AM
I flushed my cooling system with Evaporust Thermocure.  Man, that stuff works!  I ran it through for 2 days, as the instructions said.  Temporarily bypassing the heater core is a must, as it takes a long time to flush out.  I drained the rad. and block and did an initial rinse with distilled water, refilled with distilled and Thermocure, drained that.  It came out black/brown, looks like it removed the mild oxidation from the jacket.  I remove the pipe plugs in the block every rinse, and I only let it cool 20 min after a drive to keep as much in suspension as possible.  I did a hose rinse then two more with distilled water.  Back in '96 when I got the car, it has cooling issues from the first owner adding Bar's Leak brown gunk to it at one point.

I'd be curious to see if this helps, were you battling overheating issues?

Bobs69

Quote from: RallyeMike on May 20, 2020, 03:16:12 AM
That glovebox looks great. Impressive work.

I agree.  Really nice.  I would like to know how you made that.

INTMD8

Picked up my shortblock and heads. Need to get the rest of the parts together and start assembling.

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

73chgrSE

I heard a clunking a while back and finally tracked it down a couple weeks ago. My sway bar link's threads were stripped bad from the lack of a big rubber bushing so i found some on ebay. Those links are not easy to find and the new bushings didn't look anything like the old ones until they flattened out under the weight. Now everything up front is quiet enough to hear all the other noises. :smilielol:

nchrome

Got my engine back from the machine shop yesterday :2thumbs:. Got the crank in and torque down all the pistons are in and tomorrow l will torque them down. :icon_smile_big: Hopefully by the end of this week l'll have most of my engine together :drool5: and about ready to install back into the car.

Puzbie

installed cowl insulation, A/C heater core, drilled gas pedal holes and installed pedal, painted brake pedal (actually wife did this  :icon_smile_big:), emergency brake mechanism, drilled holes for driver seat (and painted the base for the 6-way driver seat, wife again  :yesnod:)...

AKcharger

Drive-in movie...Airplane and Wayne's world

keith88

Repainted the top of the passages side rear quarter.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

XH29N0G

I replaced the front tires and took it for a spin this morning to test my data logging.  Seems to work pretty well.

Or maybe it protects us. 

70 sublime

Went to go get gas in the middle of the day which I normally try to avoid but lately I have been going for evening drives and the gas stations have been closing early
So I get there and my favourite station seems to have the best price in town so all the pumps were full or someone was waiting for one
Someone left so I ended up right in the middle of everything going on to get a pump for my turn
I get my gas and try to pay attention to the sound of it filling up as it seems to spurt over if not careful near the end
I look up and the car beside me is a mom and young lad ( maybe 13 or 14 years old ) getting gas and the young guy was just grinning ear to ear
Finished the gas and put my new gas lock back in and popped the lid shut
Had to walk by the car beside me to go in to pay
As I past them the mom said "we really like your car " I said thanks and kept walking
As I come out from paying the mom goes inside and the lad is still just standing beside their car looking at mine with the same grin on his face
So when I got back close to my car I asked him did he know what year it was ?
Without hesitation he said it was a 1969
I said correct and got in my car
All the pumps were still full of cars and trucks
Kid still standing beside his car watching
I just might have stepped on the gas a little extra when I started my car back up just for him ( I have fairly loud exhaust )
Had to back out of my spot and the kid walked to the end of his car and watched me as far as he could as I got back out on the road to head home

That kid will some day be a future old car owner and I will hope he finds a Dodge  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Puzbie

XH29N0G

I am making progress with my arduino project and learning.  I managed to log RPM, A/F, and vacuum.  I was able to convert change in RPM with time to acceleration and then to a value for torque.  I get the same things for runs in 1st and second, but those run up so fast that they are a little more unstable. 

I did two runs this morning in third gear and then swapped jets to a little more richer and moved around the torque curves  (more torque at higher RPM and less at lower RPM - but A/F went super rich at lower RPM). I dropped the size on the squirter nozzles and will try again tomorrow). I am optimistic that this will help with fine tuning the car and for understanding what I need to do to make it go faster.  I can also calculate acceleration in different gears which gives me an idea of where I gain and lose.

I think I am going to go back to swap in and out different carburetors I have and see if what I thought before about what was better is actually better.

Or maybe it protects us. 

VegasCharger

ACUDANUT

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green