News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakemon

Finally, I'm done changing the starter and plug wires.

XH29N0G

I have been making progress with my little arduino based program to track rpm, AF, and vacuum. I keep changing things and then choosing the ones that increase the rate at which RPM rise.  I calculated these from the rate RPM rose (acceleration) and assumed 4000 lbs weight and took into account gearing, rear, and tire radius to convert to ft lbs.  This is the image with open and 4 hole spacer. I think I picked up about 5% improvement over the way it was set up. I am happy to be learning and making progress and to know how to check things in the future.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

DanielRobert

finally got around to some welding
1972 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1974 Trans Am

AKcharger

ACUDANUT

XH29N0G

It was wet so instead of going for a drive, I cleaned up the underside of the car from the rear wheels back. 
Still needs some work and I see how driving the car takes its toll, but its fun
:icon_smile_big:

Or maybe it protects us. 

BrianShaughnessy

YO put inside rear view mirrors on sale on ebay for $75....   so I don't have to look at the headliner when i bang 2nd gear anymore  :2thumbs:

Cheapest I've seen!!!   https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-69-Mopar-Dodge-Plymouth-A-B-Body-GTX-Valiant-Dart-Inside-rearview-mirror/262851174136?hash=item3d33269ef8:g:uyMAAOSwMqVauQ7z
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

XH29N0G

Is there a fix for that?  Every time I accelerate my rear view mirror slides back. 

Or maybe it protects us. 

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: XH29N0G on September 12, 2020, 03:22:34 PM
Is there a fix for that?  Every time I accelerate my rear view mirror slides back.  

But there's a ball and a plate that get worn down.   I've seen used plates on ebay before but I don't think anybody makes a replacement ball.   Somebody could try beating the plate down?  

Seems to be some kinda fix thing for a 65 and previous...  
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1956-1965-MoPar-CDPD-Interior-Rear-View-Adjustable-Mirror-Ball-Joint-Socket-Cup/112151379423?hash=item1a1cbe3ddf:g:MZQAAOSwIcdZdnJS
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

birdsandbees

Unscrew the plate and give it a wack with the hammer.. or a dab of glue. Set it and forget it..
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

XH29N0G

your comment prompted me to do a quick search and I saw this: 

Re: 1969 (inside) Rear View Mirror: How to tighten?  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=93055.0 

Reading through it ,makes me realize I am drinking the wrong type of beer.

Or maybe it protects us. 

DanielRobert

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 10, 2020, 06:55:55 PM
Are you making a Clone 72 RALLYE ?
Not necessarily making a clone Rallye, I just like the look of the doors and came across some rusted ones fairly cheap so cut'n and weld'n it is...pretty simple if you leave the front edge intact to line up easier. I already had the bulge hood
1972 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1974 Trans Am

69white hat

Motor went out of my 69 in the fall. Spent a few months finding all the parts I needed including a new block and now my builder has begun to build my 512 stroker. I'm excited.

69white hat

69white hat

69white hat

Or that one. Sigh. You get the point tho

b5blue

69white hat

69white hat

69white hat

AKcharger

69white hat

I don't know why the pics go in there sideways.

ACUDANUT

What is the ballpark price for a 512 Stroker these days ? :shruggy:

AKcharger

I installed a windshield today!

Kern Dog

Yeah?
I had a guy install one in my Charger and it leaked. I took it back a few months later and they just put a bead around the gasket where it meets the glass. That didn't work so I bought some 3M sealant and pulled the windshield. The dork didn't use any sealant at all. The service manual I have showed to use sealant on the window channel along the bottom and up the sides so that is what I did. The service manual also shows to put the gasket in the window opening then to install the glass with the top going in first. I've read online of people doing it both ways....top first and bottom first.
No more leaks!