News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

had to put a new  fan clutch in it  , and getting her cleaned up to take to a cruise and then to World of Wheels in a couple weeks 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

Stu, I don't think that is where the fan shroud goes. lol

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 13, 2021, 01:48:14 PM
Stu, I don't think that is where the fan shroud goes. lol
ok come show me   :icon_smile_big:

69white hat

69white hat

Got the hydratech brake booster and wile pod master cylinder in as well

69white hat

69white hat

I need to get it to the muffler shop to get the headers hooked up

70 sublime

Your mufflers right back by the gas tank ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

69white hat

Yep they're all correct. I should have took another picture while I was there.

Hemidoug

71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

blakemon

Installed a new battery and replaced the headlight wiring harness. Also, I finally pulled the trigger on bilstein shocks. I know they are not cheap but they can improve ride quality.

68 charger freak

Started mocking up the rear end set up
68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior

RallyeMike

I've been chasing a small but annoying vibration in the 73 and found that the culprit was the brand new steel driveshaft that was made for it. After going through practically everything else, on a hunch, I installed a spare Denny's aluminum shaft I had made for the race car years ago.... and whoosshh ..... now smooth as silk. Its enough work just constantly fixing old stuff on old cars that I don't need the brand new stuff to be crap  :brickwall:  regardless, glad the annoyance is finally resolved   :coolgleamA:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

VegasCharger

Removed my back glass. Long overdue :brickwall:

I did it by myself. One man show LoL. A long grueling and boring process.

Here's how I did it:

As I mentioned I had no helper so no sawing it loose with a wire. I already had the trim removed from awhile back so that didn't cut into my time. I started by gouging out all of the old crusty butyl and crud from 53 years of sitting in there using a hair dryer to soften it up. I used a utility knife and a small flat head screwdriver. Went all the way around the perimeter of the back glass. Next I crawled inside to the back of my car and took a thin putty knife using the blow dryer to heat up the blade. Pushed the putty knife flat against the glass to cut through the remaining butyl until the knife reached the other side of the window channel. With it being cold outside (44°) I had no problems with the butyl re-sealing which was great. After going around the entire perimeter from the inside the glass came out. I saved form paying a pro to remove it and didn't have to bother my buddies to help me.

:cheers:

EDIT: Oh BTW, I didn't break the glass. :2thumbs:

70 sublime

Why did you have to take the back glass out ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

69white hat

New 2-1/2 inch exhaust from the new Doug's headers back. New longer mufflers to quiet down the drone on long trips. Took it to a local guy who does the work in his shop at home. He's a real pro. Let the new 512 breathe easy.

ACUDANUT

moparstuart

30 years of dust and sitting  53 year old girl with original vinyl top    ,  Time to deep clean it and restore protect it  .   303 Aerospace  cleaner and a scrub brush , then to top conditioner and restorer with UV protectant .  Did a great job , the top is a little dry rotted in the middle and it really sucked up alot of the condition in the middle , had to apply it several times in the middle but it seems alot better and looks great.  fantastic products.    

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

moparstuart

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: cleaned protected ready for World  Of Wheels 

69white hat

RallyeMike

Took my brand new 11" brake drums to get them turned because they were not round.

Parts these days  :brickwall:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/