News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

six-tee-nine

It always seems when restoring cars it looksl like it all comes down to welding, grinding and sanding the bodywork, but boy all those little fiddly things are time consuming. I'm spending alot of time sandblasting a million of little things, priming, prepping painting even parts that never will see the light of day again when the car will be completed...

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

TTSaleen

Wiring harness arrived 11/30/2021.
Now the fun begins of trying to install (and hide) this stuff!

1968 Charger
1998 Twin Turbo Saleen
2003 Mach 1
2008 Pontiac G8

AKcharger

NOS M/T valve covers...and bumper stickers!

b5blue

69white hat

Just putting up a pic from last year for fun

6pkrtse

Almost 60 here yesterday. I went out and fired up the Charger and the Challenger for a few minutes. Getting spring fever. Took some videos but says the are too large to post.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

69white hat

Yea I wish it were easier to post videos. I have some gooders.

70 sublime

Started my 69 Charger for the first time this season and drove it around into the shop to swap some better seats into it

There is no sweeter sound than a big block mopar with dual exhaust Boy I have missed that noise  :2thumbs: 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

BillT

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 04, 2022, 07:09:11 PM
Started my 69 Charger for the first time this season and drove it around into the shop to swap some better seats into it

There is no sweeter sound than a big block mopar with dual exhaust Boy I have missed that noise  :2thumbs: 

Hi, what seats?  Something modern? If modern, what you going with?

RallyeMike

New shoes for the 73 today.... 295/50/15 and 245/60/15 Cooper Cobras. Geeeez... tires got expensive since the last time I purchased...
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

70 sublime

Quote from: BillT on April 05, 2022, 12:16:41 PM
Quote from: 70 sublime on April 04, 2022, 07:09:11 PM

Hi, what seats?  Something modern? If modern, what you going with?

Not that exciting
I got rid of some crappy black 68 seats for some less crappy green 68 seats

73chgrSE

I ordered rear leafs from Detroit Spring and torsion bars from firmfeel. And now the waiting game begins... :lol:

RallyeMike

New shoes on one today. Somehow the back ones wore out a lot faster than the front.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

70 sublime

Well after a couple spins around the block with my car since winter is now over my water pump started leaking :(

So I had said to myself the next time I have the water out of the car I will see if I can get the heat gauge to work in my dash
The engine in my car is a 71 383 and has a different heat sensore

So rounded up some parts

Replacement water pump from NAPA has the same number of fins but the are a little smaller and the diameter on the impeller is alittle smaller also

So now for the first time I have all the dash gauges working in my car
Yes they could use a good clean up :)

b5blue

:2thumbs: Swapped out short block 440's added back power booster brakes and installed a Borgman power steering box with a new Saginaw pump. (Gotta look through the "good" 440 that's ticking.)

71charger_fan

Pulled the wheel/tire assemblies one at a time, scrubbed the tires, baked them dry in the sun, polished the wheels, and gave them a coat of tire shine.

73chgrSE

Just had to change my fuel filter. Getting gummed up bad. I could not blow through it easily. :icon_smile_dissapprove:It's not even that old. Gas quality has gotten really really bad lately. At least around here.  :brickwall:

b5blue

The lower compression 440 let me tune for non ethanol 89 octane. (Boat fuel.) Now the Charger can sit for a few weeks and still fires right up.  :2thumbs:

Todd Wilson

In the spring of 2015 I got my 71 out of winter sleep only to discover the brakes had went down over the winter.  I still had Frankie my 69 Charger and would start to work on a complete brake rebuild which never happened. Later that summer I discovered a cheating wife which turned my life upside down. Later in the year I decided to sell Frankie as I was in need of some cash. The 71 still sat with no brakes. A year or so later after counseling with the wife trying to repair the marriage she was once again discovered cheating. Shortly after that she made a suicide attempt that was unsuccessful and ended up locked up in a mental place for a while. I was still trying to work 2nd shift and take care of my 2 grade school aged daughters.  Was a very stressfull time. Summer of 2018 things appeared to be getting better. I did an entire brake rebuild of the 71 and got it out. Only to find bad gas and a dried out carb and other things had taken its toll on the 71. I spent weeks working on it and then once again discovered more cheating. The car cover was put back on and since then I have been trying to maintain a stable house for my daughters all the while the wife continued to cheat as well as a lot of other things that we dont need to go into here. October of 2020 I was served divorce papers about 7pm one evening and got kicked out of my house I bought 24 years ago when I was single. I grabbed what I could when ordered to leave. Its been 18 months and my divorce is still going on. I have about 4 days worth of clothes and a few things and living with a friend. The 71 as well as my other vehicles are locked up in the garage at the house. I have been locked out of the garage completely. The carport that my big 47 Dodge truck is in developed roof damage and has since fallen in on the truck. I am getting my ass handed to me financially during this divorce and am flat broke. It appears I may get to keep my old iron but theres a good chance a bankruptcy is coming my way and I will be forced to liquidate everything to pay the debt. My life has been a living hell for almost 7 years now with little to no real fun. No time for old iron or enjoyment. Focusing on my daughters best I can but I do not get to see them much. So a quick answer is what have I done with my Charger lately is simply dream about it as I have not seen it in over 18 months.

Todd

JB400

cdr

sorry to hear all this, I'm pullin for Ya !!!!
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

b5blue

Todd be tough for the kids. My ex handed me my 3 and had 2 more. She kept the 2 in daycare while NOT looking for a job. She racked up 35K unpaid support and I hauled her in front of a judge. Find a men's support system in your area and get help.

INTMD8

Haven't done anything myself but will be picking it up from the body shop today.

The car was rear ended when sitting at a stop light right after I finished tuning it on the dyno  :brickwall:

They ended up correcting all the issues on the car, panel alignment/gaps, straightness and re-painting the entire car.  Best body shop experience I've ever had.

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

375instroke

Initial check of bellhousing runout.  Right at the max, .005"  Will sweeten it up before the trans is installed.

375instroke