News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDN72SE

Local upholster and glass installer dropped by the house to get it done, very happy with the results.

1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

ACUDANUT

I really like it. However I prefer the Canopy tops. "half tops".

71charger_fan

Worked on cleaning and polishing the paint.

ACUDANUT

70 sublime

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 17, 2022, 08:51:30 AM
Quote from: 71charger_fan on September 16, 2022, 08:10:51 PM

With GAS ?

If you look closer that is the reflextion you see of gas cans
Took me a bit to figure it out also
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

71charger_fan

Curve of the quarter panel is visible at the lower left with the mower deck and front wheel of the Cub Cadet poking into view. The push mower is a reflection in the paint. I thought the severe bend in the garage door opening would give it away as a reflection on a curved surface.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 17, 2022, 08:50:38 AM
With 20 gallons of gas ?
Gotta admit, I had to  :smilielol: on that one.  :icon_smile_big:
I recognized that it was a reflection, in which case I must say, nice work 71C_F, looks great! :coolgleamA:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 71charger_fan on September 16, 2022, 08:10:51 PM

Best way to take pix of nice rigs parked beside you.

cdr

Drove out to the Hemi Hideout for the Lonestar Mopar fest
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Charger-Bodie

Charlie, theres a hole in your hood. just thought id let you know.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

cdr

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on October 15, 2022, 08:42:38 AM

I appreciate you letting me know  LOL  :) 
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

moparstuart

Quote from: cdr on October 15, 2022, 09:27:01 AM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on October 15, 2022, 08:42:38 AM

I appreciate you letting me know  LOL  :) 
that Brian guys  pretty observant 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70 sublime

Took my car out for a spin around the block today just because it was still warm out
Was not as much fun as I had hoped like it is in the summer time so feel that was my last drive of the season
Gas tank is full so it will just sit till nice weather comes back again after a long winter nap

Over the years I have watched my dad trying to mouse proof his cars
He tried drier sheet and the mice just use them to make a nest
He has tried the smelly soap bars of irish spring and they just eat them

Couple years ago I tried this stuff
They are the smelliest crystalls my wife would through in the wash machine with my worst barn cloths
I could not stand the smell after they were washed so we stopped using it
HMMMM I thought
I put some on a tin pie plate in the trunk and a couple plates in the front and back floor boards inside the car and have not see mouse evidence since
You drive with the windows open in the spring for a while but the car does smell better too  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

71charger_fan

I've been working on freshening the front suspension and swapping the Hotchkis UCAs for QA1.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 71charger_fan on November 06, 2022, 10:09:32 PM
I've been working on freshening the front suspension and swapping the Hotchkis UCAs for QA1.

I remember when my suspension looked that clean...  :rotz:
Any links for the Hothckis UCA's to drool over? Are they aluminum?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dano 1

Quote from: 71charger_fan on November 06, 2022, 10:09:32 PM

What made you swap the Hotchkiss for QA1?
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

Wingnut426

Are you running the brake caliper on the back side of the spindle? I believe it should be mounted on the front side so the hose doesn't kink. WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

71charger_fan

The Hotchkis are steel. No one around here can (or will take the time to) take advantage of the extra adjustability when aligning the car. So, to remove some of the harshness of the ride, I'm switching to the QA1. I had a set of the original CAP UCAs before QA1 bought them out. Those didn't actually contact the bumper and I never could get a proper alignment so I switched to Hotchkis. I do still have the original CAP tubular K-frame and LCAs. I would be surprised if there's even 2,000 miles on the Hotchkis. I will probably post the Hotchkis for sale.

I've been running the calipers to the rear for about 30 years with no issues. I just use '73 Charger hoses.

6pkrtse

I will be taking one of mine out for a cruise today after work. Sunny and 73 here in Michigan in Nov. Can't complain. Almost drove it to work, but too much damn construction every combined with rush hour traffic.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

moparstuart

just pulled the orginal alternator and Wiper motor off   , gettin them boxed and in the Mail to Topher in NC to get them rebuilt and leave the original patina on them to go back on my survivor  ,    Alternator was getting weak but still worked and the wiper motor wasnt parking the wipers at the windshield anymore  .

71charger_fan

I had my wiper motor redone by Passion for Mopars. It looks great, but doesn't properly park the wipers. Maybe next fall I'll pull it out and send it to someone else and maybe it'll come back working as it should.

moparstuart

Quote from: 71charger_fan on November 10, 2022, 02:19:42 PM
I had my wiper motor redone by Passion for Mopars. It looks great, but doesn't properly park the wipers. Maybe next fall I'll pull it out and send it to someone else and maybe it'll come back working as it should.
.    If you'd like to box those guys up, my address is:

Chris McGinnis
326 East Main Street
Unit 1316
Lincolnton, NC 28093      He goes by topher.  He's on Fb. And he also does headlamp motors and window motors