News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Paul G on October 09, 2013, 06:09:35 PM
Lets see here. Replacement brake power booster and master cylinder, power steering pump with added cooler. Trans temp gauge. New, correct out put shaft yoke for the A518.  And a 400 watt amp soon to be installed.

Looks like someone gonna get the boom....

Installed torsion bars, removed lowering blocks, tightly everything up and installed msd .8ohm ballast and car did not start it shut off all electric then Put in old ballast and she started

Moparheaven

Been working on the Charging System. Battery in the trunk. 100 amp alt. Still don't think its enufff.  :brickwall:

HeavyFuel

Besides driving it alot......  :2thumbs:

Went back to stock converter cause the one in it took a dump.  Much better to drive now.

Rejetted the carb to stock specs.....someone in the 1970's put in one size smaller primarys.   :rotz:

Adjusted the brake booster push rod how it makes contact with the master cylinder.  The front (disks) and rear (drums) wheels felt hot after driving.....I suspected a slight drag.  There was also immediate brake response when I touched the pedal...no free play at all.  With the push rod shortened, she brakes nice...and cool.

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: HeavyFuel on October 11, 2013, 07:30:22 AM
Besides driving it alot......  :2thumbs:

Went back to stock converter cause the one in it took a dump.  Much better to drive now.

When my transmission went I did the same thing and it's more friendly to drive now  :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Bob T

Did Wedding transport with a couple of Fin Brothers last Friday
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

Took it for a good run tonight.  That wouldn't ordinarily be worth posting about but I haven't had it out in a while.

bill440rt

This.
Preparing for windshield replacement.
While I have it out I want to repaint the top of the dash, and the windshield channel on the cowl. Luckily the channel is in very good condition.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Highbanked Hauler

as little as possible :smilielol: :smilielol:  new tires for this spring.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Musicman

I got a chance to work on the Charger a few minutes this morning before leaving for work. I finished up the last couple of beads on the cross member, then double checked the fit on the torsion bars. I was happy with the fit, so I dropped the K-member assembly and put it back in the garage with some of my other junk (future projects).

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Musicman

Oh... I see you spotted those cross ram's :D... I wish I had a Fin Car to use them with.
They are currently slated for use on a mild 400 stroker that will be inserted into an 88 D-100 pickup however. That's the 400 block they're sitting on.
The block on the stand in the back is the old 383 out of my Charger... that will be rebuilt and fitted with a 6-pack for my daughters 85 D-100.

1974dodgecharger

took her out for a cruise today since it was so nice....missing a front bumper, but that will be here on Thursday.

Hotchkis suspension rocks!!!!!!!

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1974dodgecharger

thx guys i think my front sits too high I wanted  a slight rake where my butt sits a tad higher..will need to adjust it.

Musicman

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 12, 2013, 08:54:05 PM
took her out for a cruise today since it was so nice....missing a front bumper, but that will be here on Thursday.

Hotchkis suspension rocks!!!!!!!

:2thumbs:

Musicman

I got the tunnel cap put back on today. Turned out to be a much bigger pain in the a$$ than I had anticipated. Mostly due to the extra thick undercoating used on the car, over an 1/8" thick in many places. I ended up using a chisel to get most of it off, before hitting it with a grinding wheel and sanding disc for weld prep. I also discovered that the attaching sheet metal had sagged and warped quite a bit since it was removed, undoubtedly from my a$$ sitting on it all this time.  :lol:
Anyway... I got everything propped up and bent back to normal and then butt welded it back into place. One more step forward. :2thumbs:

Supercharged Riot

Quote from: freddyd02 on September 30, 2013, 05:53:25 PM
Ohh only just dropped the motor in  :icon_smile_big:

American PowerTrain transmission? how was the conversion? I want to purchase an upgrade soon! thanks
You got a build thread for your conversion?

ChargedNJ

i made a pact with mine to finally make some real progress by next summer!  ive had it for almost 4 years and havent done anything...just drive it from time to time.  I cleaned it out today and changed fuel line; running well.  Now looking for a nice used set of TTI headers (383) so hopefully i can find a good set someone is just looking to unload.  Once i have them i'll get a new setup for headers-back.  My goal is to have it newly wired and ready for interior by May. 

1974dodgecharger

I took her out for a cruise today and this time I adjusted the front torsion bolt get her to sit lower since she was raked so high before I think I like this stance better, it was lowered 1inch in front now.

nvrbdn

yep, i like the front end lowered like that. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Musicman