News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Daytona Clone with Vega plug project pictures

Started by Daytona313, February 25, 2006, 01:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Thanks for the heads up on the wing car book. I ordered one today.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hotrod98

Hey Larry (daytonalo),
Could you post info on where to get those back glasses for the vega plugs?
I contacted our glass supplier and they said that they didn't have a clue.
The guy with the vegas here doesn't really want to remove all of the hatchbacks. They're pretty much complete cars and he's afraid that someone might want to restore them some day. I can understand that. He was a little reluctant to sell me the one that I have.
larry
hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemigeno

Quote from: Crazy Larry on March 08, 2006, 07:20:04 AM
did you get that from the book "Supercars: The Story of the Dodge Charger Daytona and the Plymouth Superbird"?

Ryan (Crazy Larry),

I actually got that quote from Anthony Young's book Chrysler, Dodge & Plymouth Muscle.  Mr. Young has been the source of several important documents related to the development of the Daytonas.  That includes the Shipping Lists, & Dealer Invoice lists, and several Chrysler internal memos related to that subject. 

Even though that book's title doesn't infer a lot about the aero cars, he has done a fair amount of research and has some good info in that book about both the C500 and Daytona.

Supercars is a great book, I agree.

Larry (hotrod98), keep up the good work!  :2thumbs:  The more opportunities that interested people have to learn about these cars (existing clones and original cars), the more likely it is that they will follow through and do a quality car.  And FWIW, I'm glad to hear that you might not convert that R/T SE - even though it's your car to do so with if you'd like to.