News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

May have got the wrong cover

Started by 41husk, August 22, 2012, 08:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

Well I had to put the cover in a bigger box to send it back :brickwall:  You can get 7 letters or symbals embroidered for $20 any thing over that is $2 more per letter.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ghoste

Quote from: resq302 on August 24, 2012, 08:53:30 AMI would let your car "air out" a while for like a month if not more before you put the cover on.  You dont want the cover going on not fully cured paint otherwise it will ruin the cover and your paint job at the same time.  Remember, automotive paint hardens from the outside in so even if it seems dry to touch, it still is not thoroughly hardened yet.

It's sometimes an issue for us at work too because some of these very expensive restorations have owners who want the cars covered for transport and you just can't. 

GULFGLENY

geeeezzus! You got the doggone thing on upside down. :smilielol:

Aero426

Quote from: resq302 on August 24, 2012, 08:53:30 AMI would let your car "air out" a while for like a month if not more before you put the cover on.  You dont want the cover going on not fully cured paint otherwise it will ruin the cover and your paint job at the same time.  Remember, automotive paint hardens from the outside in so even if it seems dry to touch, it still is not thoroughly hardened yet.

Fortunately, most of the time it takes us a while to wet sand, buff and reassemble the car anyway.   The only paint that cures from the outside-in is old school lacquer.   All modern paints that are catalyzed cure from the inside-out.   Once it's baked in the booth and cools, it's pretty much good to go.   No, I wouldn't cover it immediately.   But after several days it is 'bout as hard as it's gonna get.   I could see more time if it is a garage job with no forced heat.    

41husk

To have the yuge Cal cover add with phone # left off they charge an extra $45.  I almost paid it just for spite, but I am to cheap :shruggy:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

Just got an email from cal covers, my new, new Cover is in the mail :2thumbs:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

nvrbdn

hope this one is right. it will definately be nice to have it for the trip. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

Nice to have for the winter too if you have to garage your car while the snow flies.

Daytona R/T SE

I just put my new California Car Cover on today.

Same exact problem as 41Husk had with his  ::)

They sent me a cover for a regular Charger. :shruggy:

I specifically ordered one for a 1969 Charger Daytona.

I checked the receipt.

It says:

"1969 Charger Daytona"

I also checked their return policy...

After 90 days...

I'm screwed.

Well...

There's another $300 thrown away on this project.

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Daytona R/T SE

My car is not assembled yet...

So...

Anybody here think they can shove a two foot tall wing under this ?

Daytona R/T SE

Or cram an 18 inch nosecone under this ?  :shruggy:

Daytona Guy

WINGIN IT

If they won't do anything about it, then sell it.
At least you'll get some of the money back.
List it here for $200 and explain why you're selling and I'm sure it'll go.

moparstuart

i would call them explain car was not ready yet   ,  if they dont take care of it   :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:  them allover the net as we know of at least two
situations where they did this
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

They have good customer service - they'll make it right.

I had no issue.  You guys just don't know how to smooze the girls taking the orders.  :smilielol:

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

WINGIN IT

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on August 04, 2013, 10:48:50 AM

I had no issue.  You guys just don't know how to smooze the girls taking the orders.  :smilielol:

Well then I think it's your duty to write out a script for the man, so he can get the proper service  :D

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on August 04, 2013, 10:47:40 AM
i would call them explain car was not ready yet   ,  if they dont take care of it   :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:  them allover the net as we know of at least two
situations where they did this

Yep.

Gonna email them tonight.

And, I'm going to include a link to this thread.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on August 04, 2013, 10:48:50 AM

They got my money.

They got the correct information as to what car I wanted the cover for.

It says so on the receipt.

I should NOT have to smooze somebody to do their job correctly. ::)

A383Wing

I would call credit card you payed with and explain it to them as well..put a "hold" on the payment...the car cover company will contact you about it fast.

bet they got people there that don't understand english I guess

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on August 04, 2013, 01:17:00 PM
I would call credit card you payed with and explain it to them as well..put a "hold" on the payment...the car cover company will contact you about it fast.

bet they got people there that don't understand english I guess

I bought it in April...

:rotz: :'(

A383Wing

oops...my bad.....

if they are any type of reputable company, I'm sure if you explained to them what took place, they might be able to help...again

Daytona R/T SE

Email sent.

Fingers crossed.

Stay tuned...

Daytona R/T SE

California Car Cover has agreed to exchange the cover they sent me for the correct one.

:coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

A383Wing