News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TV show "Counting Cars"

Started by ACUDANUT, August 23, 2012, 01:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

This show is staged.  How many of us would pull over for someone who looks like they just got of Prison. Dew rag, dark sunglasses, raggy shirt, goatee and tattoo's all over.
Hell, I would reaching for my gun.

41husk

I have pulled over for people wanting to look at the car before :shruggy: but I still believe all those shows are staged, Pawn Stars, Pickers and counting cars.  Did you notice before history aired the Hatfields and McCoys both Pawn Stars and Pickers found or were brought artifacts from the feud.  What a coincidence :nana:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Budnicks

There is going to be a  :hah: Superbird  :drool5: on next weeks show... The show is growing on me, it's more about the finding & flipping of cars &/or the Danny characters "love of cars/bikes & buying them, more than a technical type show.... Just 1/2 hr of automotive entertainment...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

41husk

He kept the GTO, lets see if he keeps the bird :cheers: :popcrn:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bill440rt

Quote from: Budnicks on August 23, 2012, 01:51:26 PM
There is going to be a  :hah: Superbird  :drool5: on next weeks show... The show is growing on me, it's more about the finding & flipping of cars &/or the Danny characters "love of cars/bikes & buying them, more than a technical type show.... Just 1/2 hr of automotive entertainment...

Same here. Entertainment only. I do find American Pickers & Pawn Stars most fascinating, though. I've been DVR'ing Counting Cars lately just to catch up on a few.
Some are just unwatchable, like Fast-n-Loud. Eesh, that is horrible.  :eek2:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

ACUDANUT

41 Husk, you must be very trusting.  I would never pull over for someone that looks like a dirt bag.  Too many years of being a Cop I guess.

moparstuart

Quote from: bill440rt on August 23, 2012, 02:06:11 PM

Same here. Entertainment only. I do find American Pickers & Pawn Stars most fascinating, though. I've been DVR'ing Counting Cars lately just to catch up on a few.
Some are just unwatchable, like Fast-n-Loud. Eesh, that is horrible.  :eek2:
yup i watched fast and loud the first few episodes because of the cool Superbird clone in the first or second shows .  Then i figured out the guys is just a douch bag  .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

i like fast and loud   :shruggy:

QuoteHe kept the GTO

there is no way that gto was worth 50k .they blacked out all the chrome on it too. didn't like that .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

ACUDANUT

YEA, 50K for a GTO.   No way.

FlatbackFanatic

Counting Cars is a cool show, I like it alot better than Loud and Fast. The quality of workmanship is 200% better than Loud and Fast. Just my  :Twocents:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

NHCharger

Just 1/2 hr of automotive entertainment...

Yup. Cruising around, buying and selling cars. From the last episode he appears to own a pretty nice bar.
He is livin' the dream.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Budnicks

Quote from: NHCharger on August 23, 2012, 05:21:47 PM
Just 1/2 hr of automotive entertainment...

Yup. Cruising around, buying and selling cars. From the last episode he appears to own a pretty nice bar.
He is livin' the dream.
:cheers:  yep :2thumbs:

Budnicks

Quote from: 41husk on August 23, 2012, 02:04:19 PM
He kept the GTO, lets see if he keeps the bird :cheers: :popcrn:
I only saw a small clip, it was a medium blue color, if I remember correctly, If he's got the cash,  lets hope he loves it & keeps it... I know I would, if I had the money...

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 23, 2012, 01:39:03 PM
This show is staged.  How many of us would pull over for someone who looks like they just got of Prison. Dew rag, dark sunglasses, raggy shirt, goatee and tattoo's all over.
Hell, I would reaching for my gun.
I know its staged but I still like it. At least they are in cool cars when asking people to pull over, if they were in a beat up old honda then I'd roll up the windows and get the hell out a there!

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 23, 2012, 03:54:12 PM
i like fast and loud   :shruggy:
Me too. I like the cars they built, the olds and the ford pick up were pretty damn sweet.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Ghoste

ALL reality shows are staged.  Thats one of the biggest reasons the whole phenmenon baffles me, how can so many people be fooled into thinking any of that stuff is real?

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on August 24, 2012, 03:45:51 AM
ALL reality shows are staged.  Thats one of the biggest reasons the whole phenmenon baffles me, how can so many people be fooled into thinking any of that stuff is real?

I doubt too many people are fooled. To me these types of shows are enjoyable because they deal in the reality of the subject matter. Pawn Stars deals in real historical items and American Restorations (one of my favs) deals in the renewing and preservation of real historic items. As long as the superficial BS between the "actors" is kept to a minimum I think these shows have some value. A lot more genuine value than something like "How I Met Your Mother" anyway.

Ghoste

I disagree Bull, I think the great unwashed masses parading up and down the aisles of all the Wal Marts are convinced that everything on television is real.  Which of course doesn't change the fact that Counting Cars seems dumb.  :lol:

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on August 24, 2012, 04:30:06 AM
I disagree Bull, I think the great unwashed masses parading up and down the aisles of all the Wal Marts are convinced that everything on television is real.  Which of course doesn't change the fact that Counting Cars seems dumb.  :lol:

EXACTLY!!! This is why everybody who buys an antique car thinks it's worth $50K no matter what it is...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

gsniegow

I like the show, but I do not consider myself some idiot who believes that those shows are real. 

With Counting Cars, I just like to see the cars.  I wish more time was devoted to showing the actual work done to the cars but so long as there's cool cars, he has my attention.  There's another added benefit in that the show has pulled my kids in and helps attract them to the hobby.  It's not that they are sucked into the reality aspect, rather they enjoy the cars and the characters on the show bring a level of comedy as well.  They always crack up for "Horny Mike"!

With Pawn Stars and the pickers show, I see all types of items that I never knew existed.  Further I get some history along with them as well. (Whether or not the history is accurate, IDK) It fascinates me far more then the "reality" aspect does. 

IDK, I guess I don't choose my shows based on whether or not they are supposed to be reality or not.  I watch these shows just like I watch Sons Of Anarchy, Walking Dead, True Blood and others, for pure entertainment purposes only.  I believe most people are like myself.   

Charger-Bodie

I like fast and loud! I also like counting cars. The funniest part of Counting Cars is the (i think) Russian guy. Hes funny!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 24, 2012, 07:45:52 AM
I like fast and loud! I also like counting cars. The funniest part of Counting Cars is the (i think) Russian guy. Hes funny!
yeah but we all know what your favorite show  is   :icon_smile_big: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nvrbdn

i like the show. love pickers and pawn stars. "barters" is ok to watch, but its the biggest fake of them all. they have an episode where they trade a motorcycle with a scratched windshield and a missing turn signal lense for an army vehicle to trade for a sand buggy. then the same motorcycle shows up in another show in the garage of a guy trading a log splitter. damn, that motorcycle got around. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1969chargerrtse

No one mentioned hard core pawn?  I like that show too. The worst reality shows are the tow truck ones. Based on true stories but terrible acting.  Love Ricks restoration also.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparstuart

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 24, 2012, 12:12:47 PM
No one mentioned hard core pawn?  I like that show too. The worst reality shows are the tow truck ones. Based on true stories but terrible acting.  Love Ricks restoration also.
Hard core pawn , storage hunters , and lizard lick , all the really bad ones are on Tru TV 

I love them they are so bad and so staged its funny ...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Indygenerallee

I turned the DirecTV off too much money for bullcrap IMO, back to antenna 7 channels and I get my local channels seems like it was non-stop re-runs on DirecTV
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.