News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 Valance Help

Started by purple70rt, May 24, 2006, 06:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purple70rt

I remember a thread awhile back where someone was grafting some exhaust cut outs into a standard valance, tried a search, but nothing came up bring me to the thread.  I have a Cuda valance that's all mangled up, but the cut out areas are good.  Wanted to put them into a standard 71 Charger valance.  Anyone remeber the thread?  If not does anyone have measurements where cut outs go.

Thanks In advance,
Dale

twilt

I will post up some pics of two converted valances I have later today.

doctorpimp

'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

twilt

okay , here we go 1st pic is of a couple extras i keep on hand.
2nd and third pic show a standard 71-72 valance that has had cut-out area from a damaged valance grafted into it.

twilt

This is a 73-74 rear valance with cut-outs,  the long bumper guard slots have been filled in with sheetmetal.
both of them still need finish work. Bottom line is that i have have less than $300 total in the two converted valances. Original 71-72 units  bid up to the $600 range on ebay.

purple70rt

Thank You guys very much!!!!!

Did not realize cut outs were diffrent on the dodges and plymouth's.  Cudas are probably diffrent also.