News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do your wives know what your car is worth?

Started by hatersaurusrex, September 02, 2012, 01:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

"Investment" is a term I use to justify my collection with my wife.  I would not consider collector cars, Mopar or not a safe investment.  No one can truly predict where the market will go.  I don't think we have hit rock bottom yet :Twocents:  I hope the market bounces back, but because I don't think of them as arolling 401 K, I don't lose any sleep over the current market value of any of my "investments" ;)
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ghoste

Tilar

Quote from: doctor4766 on September 04, 2012, 04:18:34 AM
Good to hear mate

Yup. I learned a long time ago that there isn't any triangle shaped piece of fun good enough to dictate what I spend or don't spend my money on. 
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

moparstuart

just like any inverstment , if you invest well , be careful , and dont go hog wild crazy on stuff , take good care of it . Manage it well . And plan to stay in it for the long haul .  You can make a small profit .  

:icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

It's less about the triangle of fun than it is keeping your house or access to your kids.  Its amazing how many of your personal inviolate rules you'll compromise over kids.

Old Moparz

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on September 02, 2012, 01:23:22 AM
I see guys all over this board saying 'Miss my car, wife made me sell it'.    Every time I see a nice wing car for sale, it's well over 100K.    So my question (for those that have them):  Do your wives know your car is worth six figures?   If she asks, do you kick around in the dirt and say 'Nah, honey, that big nosecone and that wing mean it's probably not worth 5 grand'.

:)

My wife is cool with my car hobby. If she wasn't, I'd have never stayed with her after the first couple of months of dating. She also has a good idea of what everything is worth, & after over 27 years together I have yet to hear her suggest or hint that anything should be sold. She felt sympathy for a friend of mine when he "had to sell" a Harley he had to buy new furniture so his wife (now ex-wife) could redecorate & replace the terrible 2 year old furniture they had.

If my wife ever told me that a car had to go, I'm sure it would be because she fell down & smacked her head pretty hard.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

ChgrSteve67

I remind her all the time it ain't work near as much money and time I have in it.

I have more time invested in the Charger but way more money invested in the wife.

Tilar

Quote from: Ghoste on September 04, 2012, 12:34:25 PM
It's less about the triangle of fun than it is keeping your house or access to your kids.  Its amazing how many of your personal inviolate rules you'll compromise over kids.

Oh I ended up in pretty good shape. I kept the house and I know i've mentioned it before but I even ended up with a son out of the deal.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,76685.msg864479.html#msg864479
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

I recall, ypoour experience is a rare one compared to what I've seen happen around here.  Some divorce laws may be harsher in certain areas?  I don't know, I just know that any of the guys I've known personally who went through got screwed over hard by the system here. :shruggy:

But I'm glad your situation worked out.  :2thumbs:

FJ5WING

Quote from: moparstuart on September 04, 2012, 12:34:12 PM
just like any inverstment , if you invest well , be careful , and dont go hog wild crazy on stuff , take good care of it . Manage it well . And plan to stay in it for the long haul .  You can make a small profit .  

:icon_smile_big:

Im pretty sure theres a few wing car owners including me who no matter what the market does, we're ahead.
wingless now, but still around.